Team and Yaw teleporters

Anything about UT2004 mapping, Uscripting & more
Cat1981England

Team and Yaw teleporters

Postby Cat1981England » Mon 17. Jul 2017, 19:45

I know that we have Team Specific Teleporters and Yaw Teleporters, but does anyone know of an actor that can do both?

Basically, there's a pickup in one of the upcoming maps which is underwater at the centre of the map and immediately below there is a teleporter. What i would like is for players to be teleported back to their own side of the map, but also, because it's underwater and they could enter from 360 degrees, for the exit to be forced.

?
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Team and Yaw teleporters

Postby Pegasus » Fri 21. Jul 2017, 17:31

Took me a few days before I could take a proper look at this, but taking into account your target scenario's constraints, there doesn't seem to be any need to actually meld the two teleporter variants into a unified custom new one - let's hypothetically call it TeamSpecificYawTeleporter.

To wit, your requirements for departing actors are limited to team affiliation (so TSTs work there), and for arriving ones require only a yaw constraint, which YTs already do. Putting it all together, and assuming I've not misunderstood your aim, overlapping the two TSTs and pointing each one's URL property to its corresponding YT exit should be able to achieve what you're looking for. Only reason one might require TSYTs would be if the trips between teleporters had to be bidirectional on top of the aforementioned 2 requirements, which, I assume, wouldn't really square with what you're trying to craft, game design-wise.

A quick proof of concept/demo I put together to see how the TST-YT pairings might work out in practice can be found right below.
ONS-Torlan_TSTnYT_pairs_demo.rar
TeamSpecificTeleporter and YawTeleporter pairings exhibited in Torlan.
(1.73 MiB) Downloaded 50 times

Hope that helps.

GLoups!
Description: Just play for fun.

Team and Yaw teleporters

Postby GLoups! » Fri 21. Jul 2017, 20:28

Tips: for unhide the source code: in unrealed actor browser, add an empty line, delete this line, compile changed, export changed script and you've got it by exporting in ut2004/mylevel folder :silent:

Edit: sorry for that ;)

Cat1981England

Team and Yaw teleporters

Postby Cat1981England » Sun 30. Jul 2017, 20:06

Thank you both :thumbup:

I should really have been able to work that out :oops:
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Return to “The Creative Corner”