MiniCube hints

Anything about UT2004 mapping, Uscripting & more
Mini_J_Unit

MiniCube hints

Postby Mini_J_Unit » Wed 24. Aug 2011, 20:05

Hi ,

after you put my 1st map online some (or probably all) players will have questions.
How do you open the doors...

Now here you get some description about the MiniCube map.

I hope that will dissolve the confusion.

It can be played as a normal ONS Map but parallel to the nodes it has a special second mission to free the tanks. Of course, this will help you to win the nodes...
The only way to get the tanks is to open the doors of the center cube. Each team has five doors with monsters inside but they are located at the opposite teams side.
There is only one way to open all doors. First step is the door next to the stairs on the right side. Press the button (blue button = blue team/ red button = red team) to open it. After killing the monster(s) the next door will be enabled. Press the next button …
After opening all doors and killing all monsters you will win your tanks!
Why are the doors at the opposite side of the cube? Then your team is able to prevent the enemies to open their doors and unlock their tanks.

Hope that helps to understand the gameplay.

laboRHEinz
Administrator
Description: Old Fart

Re: MiniCube hints

Postby laboRHEinz » Wed 24. Aug 2011, 22:20

Thanx for explaining the map :-D Indeed, there was some confusion how to get the tanks. Now the board readers will know and have an advantage ;-)
Of course, if there are any improvement suggestions, feedback would be nice right here.
One e.g. was to have some lightning guns as well. I think we have to collect further suggestions first.
Anyway, good job!

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Postby Zon3r » Wed 24. Aug 2011, 23:10

gotcha. thanks. and heinz i need those lightning guns, its an awesome map for some headshots from a distance :)

Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Postby Pegasus » Wed 24. Aug 2011, 23:28

Umm, hi.

Considering I'm probably just one of several ppl who've come to this thread wondering "wth is MiniCube and why do I need hints for it?", I'd like to request/propose a new, official and mandatory methodology regarding the planned addition of any newly made map to the CEONSS roster, which would be creating an introductory thread for them by their author (or heinz as long as the author follows that up with their own detailed presentation right after; either's cool) in this forum. New revision discussions about already existing maps can potentially be carried out at the specific map's thread (although personally I'd discourage it for practical reasons), but for new maps a new thread with all the vital information, I believe, at this point would be the minimum level of courtesy its creator could extend to this community's members, especially considering the honour they've been granted of having their map hosted on as big an audience/testbed as CEONSS. Hope that's not asking for too much here. Even better if the introduced map is also offered through an external download for the testing, debugging and feedback-offering purposes of everyone here a few days before finally going live.

Not attacking anyone personally here, just offering a thought out loud :).

Thanks for your contributions in keeping ONS alive, MiniJ - we all appreciate it. I'll offer my own feedback on this once I get back from my vacation in a few days. Cheers.

Mini_J_Unit

Postby Mini_J_Unit » Wed 31. Aug 2011, 20:09

Hi Zon3r / Pegasus,

thanks for your reply.

Now to my person.
I'm located in Hamburg too, so I talk a lot with heinz about the server and new features / problems / maps ...
Due to that fact I'm not often in this forum.
I try to spend my rare free time to play on this best ons server in europe. Special thanks to you heinz... :thumbup:
Unfortunately thats not often. :(

Nevertheless I tried to support this server with this new map.
I'm open for more feedback and suggestions to change the map. On the other hand, feel free to change the map by yourself and give it back to heinz. (you need osmt_v1.4 and this map in your cache)

requested changes / problems:
1. numbers/sequence above the doors
2. lightning guns
3. lags with more than 28 players

laboRHEinz
Administrator
Description: Old Fart

Postby laboRHEinz » Wed 31. Aug 2011, 23:38

Mini_J_Unit wrote:I try to spend my rare free time to play on this best ons server in europe. Special thanks to you heinz... :thumbup:
LOL thanks for the flowers m8, but I wouldn't dare claiming to provide the best european ons server these days. Lag still is very unsatisfying in my opinion. But I'm working hard to solve this problem and I won't give it a rest ;-) That's why I'm not very often online myself.

Return to “The Creative Corner”