ONS-OmahaBeach-)o(-V3-Beta4. I was messing about with this for a couple of weeks so I didn't record all the changes, but here's a general list.
- Removed 2 nodes.
- Changed link setup.
- New radar map.
- New buildings at primaries.
- Second world war radar mask at 1.
- Placed bars by node 3 buildings to stop vehicles driving through them.
- Increased size of ship and moved node 3 closer to provide cover.
- Dragon replaced Cicada at 1.
- Rail tank replace Aegis at 4 and 7.
- Cobra replace Warthog at cores.
- Wathog removed from 10 11 replaced with EONS Scorpions by vent shaft exit.
- Replaced EuScorpius from 4 9 with Spider Scorpion (minigun).
- Replaced Assault Hellbender and Aegis with Raptors at 3.
- Replaced EuScorpius with Aegis at 12 9.
Lots of other small change, I just can't remember what they were, sorry So far feedback has been very good apart from one person who said that the old version was better within 2 minutes, which as mindless drivel goes is hugely impressive.
Maniac wrote:I'm not sure if the node layout is good in terms of comebacks, but the other ones are certainly worse.
I agree. Primaries and nodes 4, 7 are all under cover plus nodes 12 and 9 have Aegis's so I think it will come down to whichever side makes best use of their vehicles to take and hold nodes 1, 2 and 3. I've tried a hundred different setups and this seems to be the best.
The Banshee seems to be too raw for normal use, though. The bullets don't fly straight to the target as for me, and their damage/blast radius are too small to use them as an area-of-effect weapon. Still, it's something new and the differences between Cicada and Banshee are not big enough to affect play style.
That's the last gameplay change that needs looking at, I'm thinking of simply replacing them with Cicada's. Everyone agree?
There's a few little thing that need changing but I think we should have the final edit by the end of the week.