[Mutator] Even Match (Onslaught team balancer)

Anything about UT2004 mapping, Uscripting & more
EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Re: [Mutator] Even Match (Onslaught team balancer)

Postby EmanReleipS » Sun 4. Oct 2015, 14:35

I like the new balancer a lot. Good work!

I would suggest lowering the ActivationDelay a bit. I've seen it a few times that at the beginning of a matc, a bunch of players go into spec and one team ends up with 2 players less than the other. The balancer will wait for 10 seconds (ActivationDelay) + 60 seconds (SoftBalanceDelay) + however long it takes for someone to die until it balances the teams. Therefore one team might be down 2 players for over a minute, which at the beginning of a match when everyone is rushing around trying to grab nodes can place the team with 2 players less at a big disadvantage.
Alternatively the SoftRebalanceDelay could be decreased. As Wormbo told me, the default value is 10 seconds. Maybe we could go with 30 seconds?

The complaint I've heard so far is "why isn't the balancer doing anything?" when teams were a bit uneven for a longer period of time and connecting players ended up on the winning team. But before people found it too trigger-happy and we only lowered the SmallTeamProgressThreshold from 0.500000 to 0.400000. :dunnosoz:

[P]etya
Description: someone

Postby [P]etya » Tue 13. Oct 2015, 18:25

It works fine I think. No more random, unnecessary team switches and balance broken teams setup. It is really much better than Titan was.

joeblow
Description: male gamer

Postby joeblow » Thu 15. Oct 2015, 07:19

Might have already been talked about but...

Anyway to keep the the balancer from switching people in the last minute of the game as in overtime?

About a week ago on some 6v6,8v8 matches Rotti got switched to the loosing team in OT in due to some /ragequit activity.

I know he wont complain about that but I think thats unfair to him to get switched after playing well and winning.

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Thu 15. Oct 2015, 18:32

Balancing during overtime is set to false so it shouldn't do that. Did it say "Rott switched by evenmatch" or words to that affect?
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Wormbo
Description: Coding Dude

Postby Wormbo » Fri 16. Oct 2015, 15:44

Even though there should be no team balancing in overtime, Even Match may still decide that some player's manual switch is unwarranted and undo it.

Maniac
Description: Ain't no rest for the wicked

Postby Maniac » Wed 21. Oct 2015, 11:49

When a player is switched by the balancer, he can manually switch back the same moment and no other balancing occurs after that. Is it intended behaviour?

Wormbo

Postby Wormbo » Wed 21. Oct 2015, 17:35

Not really, that shouldn't be possible.

Wormbo

Postby Wormbo » Sat 24. Oct 2015, 10:37

Okay, two things: I may have found a fix for the switching back issue, and I started the translation of Even Match by providing English and German localization files. If you want to use them locally, rename them to match the EvenMatch.u file's name.
If anyone wants to help, please provide additional translations in the same format. Feel free to use either English or German version as your base. You are also welcome to provide improvements to both the German and English versions, of course.
It would be great if you could also extract localized versions of the "You are on red/blue" announcer sounds. (UModel should be able to do that via "umodel -export -sounds packagefile".)

A new release is available. See the first post in this thread.

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Sat 24. Oct 2015, 11:22

Now on with the following settings, 07/02/16

[EvenMatchV2b2.mutTeamBalance]
ActivationDelay=10
MinDesiredFirstRoundDuration=5
bShuffleTeamsAtMatchStart=True
bRandomlyStartWithSidesSwapped=False
bAssignConnectingPlayerTeam=True
bIgnoreConnectingPlayerTeamPreference=True
bAnnounceTeamChange=True
bIgnoreBotsForTeamSize=True
bBalanceTeamsBetweenRounds=True
bBalanceTeamsWhilePlaying=True
bBalanceTeamsDuringOvertime=False
bBalanceTeamsOnPlayerRequest=False
bBalanceTeamsOnAdminRequest=False
bDisplayRoundProgressIndicator=True
SmallTeamProgressThreshold=0.300000
SoftRebalanceDelay=50
ForcedRebalanceDelay=60
SwitchToWinnerProgressLimit=0.600000
ValuablePlayerRankingPct=50
RecentBalancingPlayerTime=240
NoBalancingUndoTime=1
MinPlayerCount=2
TeamsCallString=
DeletePlayerPPHAfterDaysNotSeen=5
bDebug=True

--------

A few volunteers to do some translating would be great please people :thumbup:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Mon 2. Nov 2015, 23:07

Wormbo wrote:If anyone wants to help, please provide additional translations in the same format. Feel free to use either English or German version as your base. You are also welcome to provide improvements to both the German and English versions, of course.
It would be great if you could also extract localized versions of the "You are on red/blue" announcer sounds. (UModel should be able to do that via "umodel -export -sounds packagefile".)

Bump.

Anyone?

Return to “The Creative Corner”