[Mutator] Even Match (Onslaught team balancer)

Anything about UT2004 mapping, Uscripting & more
Wormbo
Description: Coding Dude

Re: [Mutator] Even Match (Onslaught team balancer)

Postby Wormbo » Mon 14. Dec 2015, 19:28

You have not installed the EvenMatch language files locally, but it will pick up other translated strings, such as team names.

joeblow
Description: male gamer

Postby joeblow » Thu 25. Feb 2016, 20:30

Is this running on CEONSS atm?

Cat1981England
Administrator

Postby Cat1981England » Thu 25. Feb 2016, 21:41

Yes. Evenmatch is currently dealing with the quick rounds, balance at the start of the match (player avg pph) and assigning player teams when they join the server (not from spec). TitanTeamFix is balancing the player numbers during the match.

Current settings:

ActivationDelay=10
MinDesiredFirstRoundDuration=5
bShuffleTeamsAtMatchStart=True
bRandomlyStartWithSidesSwapped=False
bAssignConnectingPlayerTeam=True
bIgnoreConnectingPlayerTeamPreference=True
bAnnounceTeamChange=True
bIgnoreBotsForTeamSize=True
bBalanceTeamsBetweenRounds=True
bBalanceTeamsWhilePlaying=True
bBalanceTeamsDuringOvertime=False
bBalanceTeamsOnPlayerRequest=False
bBalanceTeamsOnAdminRequest=False
bDisplayRoundProgressIndicator=True
SmallTeamProgressThreshold=0.400000
SoftRebalanceDelay=50
ForcedRebalanceDelay=60
SwitchToWinnerProgressLimit=0.600000
ValuablePlayerRankingPct=50
RecentBalancingPlayerTime=240
NoBalancingUndoTime=1
MinPlayerCount=2
TeamsCallString=
DeletePlayerPPHAfterDaysNotSeen=7
bDebug=True
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

joeblow

Postby joeblow » Tue 1. Mar 2016, 14:48

Im collecting data but I swear since the server went down when I play small matches 10-12 players the server is stacking all the high PPH people one side.

The last match I remember its was 5 v 5 and one team had 3 people in the top 10 in overall score, points, hours played over all according to gametracker stats on the CEONSS server.

If i remember it was Ebola,GR44 and Bisounrus on one team. Myself, Hyden and player name I never heard of and Skirlax (server bot).

Cat1981England
Administrator

Postby Cat1981England » Wed 2. Mar 2016, 21:57

The teams may be stacked as it's based on the last 7 days people have been playing. If Bola, GR44, Biso had a bad week (lets say 200pph each, 600 total) and you, Hy had a good week (300pph each, 600 total) it may think that the teams are even.

This is why computers will never rule the world :yippiiieh:

I've triple checked everything and it's working as it should as far as i can tell Joe, but i share your paranoia ;)

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

joeblow

Postby joeblow » Fri 4. Mar 2016, 19:34

Wormbo
Description: Coding Dude

Postby Wormbo » Fri 4. Mar 2016, 22:18

Is there any reason in particular, why DeletePlayerPPHAfterDaysNotSeen is set to only 7?

Cat1981England
Administrator

Postby Cat1981England » Fri 4. Mar 2016, 23:13

@ Joe,

At the start of the match Evenmatch will assign teams based on the players avg PPH and try and build two teams with close to equal PPH. Once the match has started, if the teams are even, Evenmatch will assign the joining player to whichever team it thinks is losing and is indicated by the arrow at the top of the screen. If the teams are uneven the joining player will be assigned to the team with the fewer players by TitanTeamFix. If during the match the difference between number of players on each team is two or greater, TitanTeamFix will move the last player to join the server from the team with the extras players to the other team.

You can see how Evenmatch assigns teams at the start of the match here. TitanTeamFix post a message whenever it moves a player.

Looking at the match stats it would seem that this match was far more even then your screenshot suggested. You and Razz didn't join until the 16th and 14th minute in a 17 minute match, while MasterinG, fL@n@g@n and RAf all left red team at some point between the end of the match and when you took that screenshot.

Wormbo wrote:Is there any reason in particular, why DeletePlayerPPHAfterDaysNotSeen is set to only 7?

We've had it as high as 30 and as low as 3. Any setting below 7 produces unbalanced matches, anything between 7 and 30 produces pretty much the same average map time. Most of the players play a few times a week which would explain why there's no difference between 7 and 30.

We try and keep everything as minimal as possible which includes settings such as this, unless you recommend otherwise?

joeblow

Postby joeblow » Fri 4. Mar 2016, 23:22

Im thinking its when there are small player counts ..and yes leavers which I addressed today in private, there seems to be a slight problem.

In all honesty I have been avoiding playing when counts are low since there seems either an unbalance in skill or just in pure numbers during slow times and like you stated no computer program can fix all that.

Cat1981England
Administrator

Postby Cat1981England » Sat 5. Mar 2016, 00:11

You're absolutely right. If you take a random player such as Rotten (i know he won't mind), he's a really good DM player but fairly average when playing a tank map for example. The balancer can't tell the difference between the type of maps and won't assign teams perfectly which only really shows up when the player numbers are low. So if you had four players, Rotten, Bola, You and Hyden for example, it would create two teams based on the PPH of Rotten and you, Bola and Hyden. On a tank map Bola and Hyden would win fairly easy, on DM it would be you and Rotten. There's no real way around that.

In an ideal world people could be trusted to balance the teams.

Return to “The Creative Corner”