LegoFort

Anything about UT2004 mapping, Uscripting & more
EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Re: BlockFort

Postby EmanReleipS » Thu 28. Apr 2016, 22:19

Miauz55555 wrote:
EmanReleipS wrote:[...] the walls between the vehicle cave and the core could be turned into transparent/glass walls[...]

To develop your idea further you could change the door to the core side and make a force field like the one around nodes. You can go through but not shot obviously you can't shot through from both sides. Or just a side exit for on foot players.

I thought about moving the entrance to the vehicle cave as well but I think it's good where it is right now, because it's far enough away from the core that attackers don't go inside the cave after the core is locked to spawnkill or vehicle sabotage. Good idea with the force field. I think it should be added if the entrance is moved closer to the core.

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Sun 1. May 2016, 16:49

ONS-LegoFort-C-beta4

There's an issue with making the walls transparent/glass between the v.cave and the core which is the ramps. If you make the walls a see through texture, then it has a weird affect which means that the players can see through the floor of the wall into open space. So what i've done is create a 3rd entrance/exit to the v.cave which i think should allow people to get to the core much quicker and address the issues raised.

A few other changes to make the map more "foot friendly". Some Relics (non-stackable) have been added and 4 new jumpads. I've also added a centre node and changed the link setup to hopefully help with comebacks.

- Third entrance to the v.caves added.
- Swapped the Odin and King Hell Hound over with the Badgers and placed the Badgers closer to the cores.
- Made the core teleporter emitters more noticeable.
- Added jumpad on top of the core block which goes to the Ion node block.
- Added Paladin to left primary nodes.
- Replaced Firebug tanks with Link tanks.
- Moved Udamage pickup from inside right primary block to inside left primary block.
- Placed Relic of Invisibility inside right primary block.
- Placed a Relic of Haste and Health on top of the highest bridges from core block.
- Replaced the Vortex pickup with a Portable Ion pickup.
- Reduced Lightning gun ammo.
- New link setup and an extra node at the centre of the map.
- 2 secret jumpads added which take you to the top of the central wall (Outer wall in the middle of the map, look for the lighter coloured blocks).

Feedback welcome as the next edit will probably be final :thumbup:
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

widurr

Postby widurr » Mon 2. May 2016, 10:32

Looks quite good!
Though, I was thinking if cobra so near the power core is a good idea. When attackers take over the node, it's an excelent way to spam core's vicinity or just two secondary shots at the core itself and game over. In current location it's mostly useful to attacking team, not defending, unless that was the idea ;)

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Mon 2. May 2016, 20:15

Thanks Wid, people liked your idea for the v.cave a cores to be connected :thumbup:

I think the Cobra works well on the map with it's secondary fire. Any ideas about what we could swap it with? Maybe the HellHound at core?

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

widurr

Postby widurr » Tue 3. May 2016, 16:47

Not sure, played the map too few times. Basically I like Cobra, but I'm just not so sure about the location. Perhaps switch places Link tank <-> Cobra?

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Thu 5. May 2016, 21:45

Possibly. I quite like having the Link Tank in the middle of the map so the driver has options about which vehicle they are going to support.

Give it a week or so and we can see how the vehicles around that node are used :thumbup:

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Mon 13. Jun 2016, 15:03

ONS-LegoFort-C (link will be removed next time the map pack is updated)

- Switched the Cobra and Link tanks over.
- Hopefully better net performance.
- Lots of small changes to textures, static meshes etc

widurr

Postby widurr » Fri 3. Mar 2017, 21:37

I've played it couple of times recently and you were right - it's too fast. Almost always ends in 10 mins or so. I think it's because it is too easy to control primary nodes 4 and 9 with ion tank at 5 and 8. Perhaps different node connection set up would do the trick, so that those are not directly linked anymore. A workaround would be also to swap ion tank with rail tank. What do you think?

Cat1981England

BlockFort

Postby Cat1981England » Sat 4. Mar 2017, 21:24

I've never been able to work out why the losing team can't keep that node down. Go through either of the teleporters and you're basically above it and have cover from the other team Ion. People also have a direct line of sight to all the other nodes on their side of the map and two Raptors to take down the other team Ion :dunnosoz:

Anyway...

The current map is voted for twice as often then the old Blockfort was, so i don't think we should change it too much, but it is too quick (avg round time: Lego 15.6, Block 18.3).

A quick edit changing some vehicles and the link setup wouldn't take a second. However, we can change the link setup without needing everyone to downloading the map, so i would rather we tried that first before actually editing it :thumbup:

We could remove the links between nodes 4-8, 5-9 but it would make it a choke map. That could work with the EONS Paladins perhaps.

legonls1.png
legonls1.png (262.43 KiB) Viewed 1120 times

An alternative would be the same as above but to directly link nodes 3-6, 5-8 while keeping the 4-1-9 run. This would make it a somewhat similar link setup to MasterBath, but i don't think it would work very well as Masterbath is basically one long room, while this is three top-to-bottom paths.

legonls2.png
legonls2.png (266.8 KiB) Viewed 1120 times

Something else we could try would be to remove the centre node altogether and force people to play across the centre of the map. One of the problems with Block/Lego is that because of the hight advantage of the 8 blocks, players using wheeled vehicles tend to play down the sides of the map where they are less exposed. Using a link setup such as this would force people to move between 3/5, 8/6.

legonls.png
legonls.png (263.05 KiB) Viewed 1120 times

-----------

Wid has got the ball rolling, ideas welcome boys and girls :thumbup:

widurr

LegoFort

Postby widurr » Wed 8. Mar 2017, 17:57

can we get a shot of all of them in a sequence for few days each?

Return to “The Creative Corner”