Anything about UT2004 mapping, Uscripting & more
Cat1981England

LegoFort

Postby Cat1981England » Wed 8. Mar 2017, 19:24

Sure, good idea.

LS1 9th - 12th
LS2 13th - 16th
LS3 17th - 20th

I'll post the avg round time once we're done trying them all. Feedback is welcome from everyone during and after trying them :thumbup:

Once we're happy with the link setup we can make changes to the vehicle loadout if needed.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

LegoFort

Postby Zon3r » Wed 8. Mar 2017, 22:45

apparently i need to post it here how bad it is, why do you feel the need to break good things? if it's working, why?

LS1=very bad burn it, send it to hell

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

BlockFort

Postby EmanReleipS » Thu 9. Mar 2017, 10:57

I don't think LS1 needs to be tested for 3 days. The disadvantages of having a choke node on it were quite obvious yesterday. I'm also worried that LS1 encourages spawnkilling at nodes 5 and 8. While fighting over the middle node, players spawning at those nodes have a clear line of fire and can keep the middle node down easily. The problem is that 5 and 8 are locked, so even if the team that is trying to build the middle node kills the players at 5 (or 8), they can respawn there again instantly, so continuously attacking any players up there is necessary to build the middle node up, which can easily lead to spawnkilling.

widurr

Re: LegoFort

Postby widurr » Thu 9. Mar 2017, 16:43

yup, LS1 is no good. Better to divide remaining days to LS2 and 3.

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Thu 9. Mar 2017, 20:09

Yeah i agree. On to LS2...
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Zon3r

LegoFort

Postby Zon3r » Fri 10. Mar 2017, 22:04

It's like playing a totally different map, a broken one
A certain player climbing the wall in the middle with the firebadger and shooting the whole area, including the base didn't help either to enjoy it

widurr

LegoFort

Postby widurr » Sat 11. Mar 2017, 00:51

Zon3r wrote:A certain player climbing the wall in the middle with the firebadger and shooting the whole area

But wall climbing has been there way before the node link change. I don't believe this comment is of any use in terms of selecting a permanent node links.
I personally like this set up better that LS1 and better than original. It might have been only one game, but I think it was forcing more strategy and. Overall, this is my favorite for now. Let's see what LS3 brings.

Zon3r

LegoFort

Postby Zon3r » Sat 11. Mar 2017, 06:43

You were in the winning team, that adds a massive bonus to your evaluation, sure this node setup is better than the first, but if you were in our team struggling to keep our primaries and someone would just keep camping up there and shooting at you(considering you can see most of the map from there) regardless of where you are(locked node, base), you would see it differently, your comment may change after losing,
I'm not saying that my comment "is of any use in terms of selecting a permanent node links", i'm pointing at a map flaw, considering this thread is a good place to do so since it's NOT solely about link setups(feel free to go to the first page and check for yourself), next time please reconsider calling other peoples comment useless

widurr

Postby widurr » Sat 11. Mar 2017, 09:23

Didn't say it's useless. I meant that it's not about current topic, which is node link set up, so don't get offended. And the fact we've won is also irrelevant. We've got some advantage over your team almost at the very end and I'm reffering to the whole gameplay. We've also 'struggled' to keep our nodes up, since without the choke point, you were able to go behind enemy lines and destroy them. It was an even battle until we got to your primaries.
Secondly, if you are so worried about spaming a primary, you should be the first one against original node set up, where you don't even have to wall climb with a badger, but just get inside an ion tank and voila, you control enemy's primary. With LS2 setup it is much more difficult, since you cannot just build at 5 or 8. Now you have to go deeper.
Besides, there are flyers on the map. It's not that difficult to shoot camping badger down. At least it's easier than on Aggresive Alleys.

smalltown
Description: UT 2004 cunt player

Postby smalltown » Sat 11. Mar 2017, 19:45

I kinda like the LS2 one but coming to zonbot's comment, I too find it very annoying that vehicle climb thing...if it can be disabled unlike the vehicle jump please do so. Especially when only few can do it like sor,tc,empathy and fravec. Another solution make the centre walls ineffective to this climb like if the ground vehicle goes near it,it cannot go further...
:firedevil: :firedevil: STOMBOTOWN :firedevil: :firedevil: :machinegun: :cool2cool: :yoman:

Return to “The Creative Corner”