LegoFort

Anything about UT2004 mapping, Uscripting & more
Cat1981England
Administrator

LegoFort

Postby Cat1981England » Fri 17. Mar 2017, 21:51

LS2 has been played 5 times. Avg round 21.8

I've found this one to be much better. People seem to find it easier to keep down nodes 3, 5, 6 and 8 and play much more down the centre of the map which helps keep node 1 down. The Ion tank is forced down from it's normally dominate position and is much more vulnerable.

Here's 2 demos if anyone is interested.

On to LS3...
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

widurr

Re: LegoFort

Postby widurr » Mon 27. Mar 2017, 12:45

So which one will stay? LS2 and LS3 were quite good. Better than original.

Cat1981England
Administrator

LegoFort

Postby Cat1981England » Mon 27. Mar 2017, 20:20

Sorry Wid, been busy. Here's a link to some LS3 demos.

LS3 has been played 11 times. Avg round 21.3

From what i've seen, LS3 focuses too much gameplay on node 3 and 6. While it still counters the flaws in the original LS, i think in time it'll become a stalemate map once people work out how to play it. Too many powerful vehicles will be focused on only two nodes which are quite close together even if they are on different levels.

My vote would be for LS2. What does everyone else think? Some sort of reasoning explaining why you think LSx would be nice :thumbup:

-----

*If* we do edit this map i would also like to make a couple of changes if that's ok with everyone.

- Remove the GoKarts from nodes 2 and 7.
- Swap the Poltergeist Tank (n3/6) over with the Link Tank (n4/9).
- Move the Haste and Health relics closer to the cores.
- Fix the Cobra spawn at n6. It's set to spawn a tank :oops:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

widurr

Postby widurr » Mon 27. Mar 2017, 21:52

LS2 is fine to me. I've played 2 and 3 only once I guess, and liked them both, but if you think 2 is a better choice, so be it.
While editing, can we add a rail tank or a centaur somewhere? Currently there's no decent AA vehicle on the map. It could be used to provide some level of protection for Odin or Ion tank or take out wall climbers and roof campers (especially rail tank). The only drawback of having them I could think of, is that it could lead to more positional warfare.

Dalyup!
Description: Haggis

Postby Dalyup! » Tue 28. Mar 2017, 14:24

I only had the chance to play LS1 and LS3, albeit only once for both. Compared to each other, LS3 wins hands and legs and toes down.

In my playthrough of LS3, nodes 5 and 8 were concentrated on the most, probably because of the strength of the ION tank. I personally enjoyed it over the original setup (and LS1), and it honestly felt like I was playing a different maps. The wonders a little switch-up can do.

I did not play LS2, but I can see the benefit of it over LS3 because it retains the middle node, and some action will be directed towards there. That being said, I often felt like that area was generally ignored anyway - no one really fought over it particularly stridently - and it was easily demolished by Ion tanks and the big laserbeam shooty tank (Centaur?) anyway. When I played LS3, the Ion tanks were generally forced to actually move from their origins on nodes 5 and 8, and thus contributed more (and were more exposed) rather than founding a new settlement atop of those towers. Then again, I was actually using the Ion tank and I only did play once, so I do not know how much the new node layout encourages mobility on average.

Anyway, I think LS2 or LS3 would be fine.

Also, regarding Zoner's comment from the last page, do you guys think anything should be done about those who climb up the centre walls with badgers? I can see the merit of the complaint towards it as only a privileged bunch seem to be able to pull it off, but I do not think it is difficult for players to kill badgers perched up there.

Miauz55555

LegoFort

Postby Miauz55555 » Tue 28. Mar 2017, 20:32

Dalyup! wrote:[...]
Also, regarding Zoner's comment from the last page, do you guys think anything should be done about those who climb up the centre walls with badgers? I can see the merit of the complaint towards it as only a privileged bunch seem to be able to pull it off, but I do not think it is difficult for players to kill badgers perched up there.

I think that wall climbing is fine.. everybody can do it with some try and error, and it's fun to do and was always a part of this server (as far as I know).

From my point of view would a RailgunTank make the normal Raptors useless.
Maybe give the attackers an other vehicle than the Ion? Maybe just a normal tank.. or Bingers Goliath2?

Cat1981England
Administrator

LegoFort

Postby Cat1981England » Tue 28. Mar 2017, 22:49

Changed the LS back to ls2 so we can all run our eye over it again.

widurr wrote:While editing, can we add a rail tank or a centaur somewhere? Currently there's no decent AA vehicle on the map. It could be used to provide some level of protection for Odin or Ion tank or take out wall climbers and roof campers (especially rail tank). The only drawback of having them I could think of, is that it could lead to more positional warfare.

I agree with Miau. The Rail tank would be OP on this map simply down to the shape and size of the map. It's bad enough on Omaha in the right hands (Rylisa), but here it would render the flyers useless and in-turn also make the Ion OP.

Centaur is a good shout imo. Perhaps it could replace the KingHellBender at nodes 3 and 8? That's in part what it's there for, but people don't use it.

Wall Climbing Badgers:

Some maps do have some sort of restriction to stop wall climbers such as the ledges on Alleys or the metal bar at the top of the glass cabinets on Gunshop for example. This is normally because there's few or no options to counter them, they offer lines of sight which the map isn't designed for or it's detrimental to the team doing the wall climbing ie: encourages a player to climb, camp and get a high score, but hurts their own team because they are a vehicle/player down.

Some also have been edited to offer an additional way to counter them such as the scaffold on Alleys.

There are many ways people can counter the centre wall climbing on Lego. 2 jumpads, 3 flyers, a nuke and you can normally hit them with a Bender from the core rooftop. To be frank, the suggestion to remove the ability to do this on Lego, feels like some are asking for maps to be edited to suit their own play-styles and counter their own flaws.

widurr

Postby widurr » Sat 1. Apr 2017, 20:04

Centaur and LS2 are fine to me :) also, I'm not concern by wall climbing either. Like Cat said, there are plenty ways to deal with them

smalltown
Description: UT 2004 cunt player

LegoFort

Postby smalltown » Wed 5. Apr 2017, 15:46

widurr wrote:Centaur and LS2 are fine to me :) also, I'm not concern by wall climbing either. Like Cat said, there are plenty ways to deal with them

Agree but not with wall climbing, its difficult to get them down from above unless you are good at lg. LS2 is fine. Had trieed LS3 for one and a half week now,not impressed. Once the primaries are down, there is no way to come back fro the losing team.
:firedevil: :firedevil: STOMBOTOWN :firedevil: :firedevil: :machinegun: :cool2cool: :yoman:

Cat1981England
Administrator

LegoFort

Postby Cat1981England » Sun 9. Apr 2017, 19:00

ONS-LegoFort-C-SP1. If you're missing any files you can find them in the latest map pack.

- Changed default link setup to LS2
- Remove the GoKarts from nodes 2 and 7.
- Swap the Poltergeist Tank (n3/6) over with the Link Tank (n4/9).
- Move the Haste and Health relics closer to the cores.
- Fix the Cobra spawn at n6.
- xRelics now load from package.
- Set the shadows for the light, jumpads and arrow static meshes to False.
- Removed the zone portals running through the centre of the map and replaced with Anti-Portals and InvisibleCollisionHulls which seems to produce better results, at least offline.

Thank you Wid for getting the ball rolling and everyone for your suggestions and feedback :thumbup:

Return to “The Creative Corner”