LegoFort

Anything about UT2004 mapping, Uscripting & more
Gaffer
Description: Total arse

LegoFort

Postby Gaffer » Wed 3. May 2017, 08:39

Hello fellows, let's talk today about relics. :wave:

I found out last night that on Lego, the relics stack which is a feature that was added to help out good honest hardworking pedestrians against the tyrannical wankers (tankers for short). <- Cat's exact words. No paraphrasing. Not even an iota. :think:

For those who don't know, Lego has a speed relic, a health relic, and a relic of infancy (makes you tiny and very hard to hit).
People who combine all three relics tend to be dm players or people who want really low deaths/high points.I think combining the relic of infancy with any of the others is too much, especially because (from my observation) nv, dm-style players tend to stay on the blocks and so have relatively limited exposure to tanks (other than the ion).

From my game last night, the people with all three relics (including me) spent most of their time fragging other pedestrians and raptors/mantas. It just makes the game a lot harder for people without relics or tanks. Hitting tiny people is hard enough without them also moving faster and constantly healing.

Could you hit Wolverine if he had the miniaturising powers of Ant-man and the speed of Quicksilver? That is 2 marvel heroes too many methinks.

Personally, I think that the speed relic was enough of a boost against tanks because you could always run circles around them, or shoot them from the block above. I think Lego's design already does a really good job in balancing the effectiveness of tanks.

One thing i would like changed is that tanks can shoot the opposite team's ion-tank node from near their own core. That's just plain annoying.

smalltown
Description: UT 2004 cunt player

LegoFort

Postby smalltown » Thu 4. May 2017, 15:46

Gaffer wrote:Could you hit Wolverine if he had the miniaturising powers of Ant-man and the speed of Quicksilver? That is 2 marvel heroes too many methinks.
Personally, I think that the speed relic was enough of a boost against tanks because you could always run circles around them, or shoot them from the block above. I think Lego's design already does a really good job in balancing the effectiveness of tanks.
One thing i would like changed is that tanks can shoot the opposite team's ion-tank node from near their own core. That's just plain annoying.

Tried to aim at you with the lg at long range no effect , you are like speedy flash with that speed relic. the tiny one is op as you can't hit at long range , have to come closer no matter what vehicle am using.
Even ion tanks can't get a hit on those camping above the centre block, only raptor works.
:firedevil: :firedevil: STOMBOTOWN :firedevil: :firedevil: :machinegun: :cool2cool: :yoman:

Return to “The Creative Corner”