ONS-Medieval-M5-C

Anything about UT2004 mapping, Uscripting & more
Miauz55555

ONS-Medieval-M5-C

Postby Miauz55555 » Wed 8. Jun 2016, 18:24

So I make a litle map edit. So much among of time to do such things.. also when you just do a fwe changes like I do on this map.

Downloadlink for the first second third Beta5 final Version (10.3 MB 13.5 MB 13.7 MB 16.2 MB)
Together with V1 and [Frozen], you may need some file from the CEONSS-map-pack as well. ONS-Medieval-M5-C-SP1.7z · 30.55 MB:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2tz4fkyh7pzs7u/ONS-Medieval-M5-C-SP1.7z?dl=0

Here is the changelog:

Code: Select all

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author: Lord Simeon
Original name: ONS-Medieval.ut2
Original File size: 23.8 MB
Date: 2007-03-30
Downloadlink for the original: http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=2511
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editor: Miauz55555 with many help and advice from Cat1981England
Edit done for www.CEONSS.net
New name: ONS-Medieval-M5-C-beta1
New File size: 22.1 MB
Date: 2016-Jun-08
Download: http://ceonss.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=826
===========================================================================================
Start Miauz55555s changelog:

*Add this Changelog.
*Deleted and moved most of the xTeamBanners.
*Deleted all projectors.
*Deleted two of the three Dragons.
*Deleted all amo Pickups and xWeaponBase.
*Edited collisions of some staticmeshes. (torches, flags)
*Moved and removed some staticmeshes. (flags midlenode)
*Adding Anti-Portals.
*Changed weaponlockers to CustomWeaponLockers.
*Changed PowerCores and Nodes to special one.
*Changed ONSPowerLinkOfficialSetup
*Changed the textures of hidden Brushes.
*Changed the Levelscreenshot to a single image.
*Added and rearanged spawn points on the cores and on the notes.
*Exchanged the Levi with a CerberusBomber at Node 5.
*Add 1 EONS-Scorpion and 1 Paladin to Node 5.
*Add 1 EONS-Scorpion and 1 Manta to the Cores.
*Moved the cores backwarts and added some steps.
*Deleted and rearanged ExplodingWoodBarrels. (Orig 21, now 18)
*Add a newxWeaponbase to node 6 on one tower with a StormCaster from Wormbo.
*Changed respawn time for all vehicles: node 5 all to 45 s;
 node 6 all to 30 s;
 node 2 and 1 20 s for the Manta, 30 s for the SPMA;
 node 3 and 4 Manta to 20, Tank to 45, Hellbender to 30;
 Cores Raptor to 20 s, Cicada stay on 30 s, Mantas stay on 15 s, Hellbender to 30 s, Tank stay on 30 s,Paladin to 20, EONS-Scorpion stay on 15 s
*Moved the water wells on the Cores in the midle of the way
*Moved the 25 health pick ups on node 5.
===========================================================================================

I hope I put all packages into the zip. Ok you will need the cbp2 and/or the ceonss-map pack, too. But you should have that already.

Info to the map:
Medium siced map. 6 nodes. 2 primaris both with 2 links + the core link. 1 Raptor and 1 Cicada on the cores and a CerberusBomber on node 5, no other flyers, much Mantas, EONS-Scorpions, Scorpion, Hellbenders, Tanks, Paladins, SPMAs. All prims are linked to the midle node and two prims are direcly linked. You can drive with the Hellbender around the whole map. There is a Dragonswort on the map. With node 5 you have a real chance for a comeback.
To the CerberusBomber it has a strong very very slow low range primari rocket and a beautiful devasting secondary clusterbomb. It will only give a cluster when you are high enough. Flying is a bit dificult.. but it makes fun. No chance against other flyers.

Please give feedback about bugs and so on.
Last edited by Miauz55555 on Mon 24. Apr 2017, 16:59, edited 12 times in total.
Reason: New Link

joeblow
Description: male gamer

Re: ONS-Medieval-M5-C

Postby joeblow » Thu 9. Jun 2016, 18:39

Ill miss the dragons!

Cat1981England
Administrator

Postby Cat1981England » Thu 9. Jun 2016, 19:57

A big thank you to you for doing this Miau :yippiiieh:

The only small issues i can find are,

- The weapon lockers are not aligned to the terrain. You can tilt them in the side or front view ports or edit the terrain to hid the untextured underside of the lockers.
- The weapon lockers could do with additional ammo unless that was a gameplay consideration.
- There's a missing blocking volume behind Red core and people can fly outside of the playing area.
- The CullDistance (under Display) for the tree leaves could be set to 0 to stop them popping in and out of view.
- The anti-portals and invisiblecollisionhulls could be snapped to grid.
- The StallZ under "View", "Level Properties", "Level Info" could be reduced from 4000 to 1500'ish to stop players flying too high.

That's it. Let us know if you would like it put on the server for some play testing :thumbup:
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Mon 13. Jun 2016, 18:22

Thank you.

Changes:

*New name: ONS-Medieval-M5-C-beta2.ut2
*Rearanged new Antiportals and invisiblecollisionhulls.
*Editet the terrain slightly.
*Changed CullDistance for the tree leaves from 22000 to 0.
*Add BlockingVolume behinde red Base.
*Set StallZ from 4000 to 1500.
*Exchange the Scorpion on Node 5 with an EONS-Scorpion (there are two EONS-Scorpion, two Mantas and one CerberusBomber now)
*Ammo Core: Bio 20 (just for Fors); Shock 50; Link 220; Minigun 150; Flack 35; Rocket 30; AVRIL 25; Lightning 15
 Node 1,2,3,4,5 Shock 45; Link 220; Minigun 150; Flack 35; Rocket 30; AVRIL 10
 Node 6 like Node 5 + Granade 10

In attach the Link-Setup. It could make a really fast game. At least fast actions.^^
BTW the nodes 2 and 1 are under the bridge.

Updated the link in the first post.
When there is nothing more you can put it on the server for testing.
Attachments
linkmedbeta.JPG
linkmedbeta.JPG (36.79 KiB) Viewed 2393 times

GLoups!
Description: Just play for fun.

Postby GLoups! » Mon 13. Jun 2016, 19:57

Very nice :award: Miauzz, if you're going to fix something somedays, try to decrease slightly the AmbientBrightness in the ZoneInfo Properties/ZoneLight from 12 to 8 or 9, actualy colors looks a little flat, the gameplay look good.

Edit: If it's not better you can let the value to 12 and change the properties of the Sunlight/LightColor/LightBrightness, actualy 64. Or try combinations of the 2 actors.

Cat1981England
Administrator

Postby Cat1981England » Mon 13. Jun 2016, 20:58

Sorry Miau, there's a problem.

The file OSMT.u is already on the redirect, but it's a slightly different version to the one used on this map. Even though none of our current maps use this file, in may be in use on another server and could cause a file mismatch error.

I believe this file is used by the dragon, so the only options i can think of is to either myLevel the package somehow or to delete the last dragon altogether.

I'm afraid i've never done any animation work so i won't be able to help, but i think it would be best to delete it (AnimDragon and VariableTimedMover) and rebuild for the time being so it can go on the server for some play testing. Hopefully somebody can help before a final edit :dunnosoz:
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Tue 14. Jun 2016, 16:58

Thank you GLoups,

I have done you sugestion. It looks nicer now (maybe to dark?).
Thanks for the Emiter Cat. The OSMT dragons are looking better, but with the Emiter we have more FPS (20 - 100 more depents on the position.. wow).

*New name: ONS-Medieval-M5-C-beta3
*Set StallZ from 4000 to 1500.
*ZoneInfo- DistanceFogEnd 40000 to 32000; AmbientBrightness from 12 to 8
*Sunlight/LightColor/LightBrightness from 64 to 30
*Editet the terrain by the water slightly.
*Add Emiter for Dragons (helmtex.utx).
*Deleted all of the three Dragons. Because of OSMT.u.

Updated the link in the first post.

BTW:
How can I MyLevel Texture? "obj load file=XXXXX package=myLevel" works for .u but somehow it don't work for .utx, or at least the texture don't appear in the texture browser under MyLevel?
And how can I change (where I find) the default properties of the imported classes? For example for Wormbos StormCasterV2 or the CerberusBomber? I thing you have done that by you Baldur edit with the damage from Wormbos Webcaster on the Stinger?

GLoups!
Description: Just play for fun.

Postby GLoups! » Tue 14. Jun 2016, 20:07

Cat1981England wrote:Sorry Miau, there's a problem.

The file OSMT.u is already on the redirect, but it's a slightly different version to the one used on this map. Even though none of our current maps use this file, in may be in use on another server and could cause a file mismatch error.

If the classes of the files on the redirect have been slightly changed there's a high probability that the dragon (or even others probably hiding actors) works the same way on the map (unless they no longer exists), in this case you should keep the redirect files with the current map and it won't cause any problems, i mean in the dragon is blue in one files and red on the other it will be the same thing on the map, just test if the map work in instant action with the old files without errors or warnings.

Miauz55555 wrote:...
How can I MyLevel Texture? "obj load file=XXXXX package=myLevel" works for .u but somehow it don't work for .utx, or at least the texture don't appear in the texture browser under MyLevel?

It's possible to mylevel Textures from any packages, also sounds, animations but there's is no advantages to do so, more it will make your map file bigger for nothing, if contents are already on the redirect it should benefit for anothers maps in the future.
If you really want for any reasons, just go in the correponding browser and in the menu edit, rename, change name package to mylevel (must be in use) then when you close unrealed you must say NO to the saving message for not altered the package source.

Miauz55555 wrote:And how can I change (where I find) the default properties of the imported classes? For example for Wormbos StormCasterV2 or the CerberusBomber? I thing you have done that by you Baldur edit with the damage from Wormbos Webcaster on the Stinger?

In unrealed, Actor Class browser, under Pawn/Vehicle/Svehicle/ONSVehicle/ONSChopperCraft/ONSAttackCraft/kore_fCerberus, right click Default Properties.

For the Storm Caster, uncheck Placeable only, under Inventory/Weapon/Painter, Oh there is a new one named Dragonsword ;) .

Only change the properties if the package is myleveled.

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Tue 14. Jun 2016, 20:23

GLoups! wrote:[...]Oh there is a new one named Dragonsword ;) .

Only change the properties if the package is myleveled.

Thank you GLoups.

I was hoping I could edit the damage from the CerberusBomber a bit (there is a MyLevel gun)... it's really devasting, but well it's the watchdog from hell so it's ok when it brings the hell to the field. :lol: And it's a prety fast shot down.

The Dragonsword is on the opposide side of the map than the StormCaster. When you zoom with it it looks cool.

joeblow
Description: male gamer

Postby joeblow » Wed 15. Jun 2016, 04:56

my first play seemed good today!

Return to “The Creative Corner”