ONS-Medieval-M5-C

Anything about UT2004 mapping, Uscripting & more
Miauz55555

Re: ONS-Medieval-M5-C

Postby Miauz55555 » Thu 16. Jun 2016, 16:45

Nice Joe,

I hope the other Dragons are also fine. ;)

BTW: I think no one had found the superweapons yet? there are two on the map. One Stormcaster which also attacks flyers and one Sword on the oposide side of the map.

Additional information to the first post about the CerberusBomber on node 5: It has only 1 seat and flys like an hoverboard and can hover... so use your forward, backward, jump, crouch key and your mouse.

Feedback and wishes are always wellcome here in the topic. When it's a wish (like put nukes in all weaponlockers) please with reason why and how it will improve the gameplay. ;)

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Sun 19. Jun 2016, 18:22

Suggestions so far:
  1. Adding JumpPads on the core from one side to the Manta on top and to the Cicada on top?
    - Good idea will do that,
  2. Lightning on node 6.
    - The Lightning is curently only at the core. I wanted to prevent sniping over the map because it's so open, but give you a sniper when pinned to the core.
  3. Blinde spots at the core turrets.
    - I will take a look and move them or whatever is in the way if I found what you mean.
  4. More flying things.
    - Well tbh I don't want so mutch more on the map because they will rule the map to extream. But I could add a Raptor to node 6, when I get six replys to that point.
  5. More vehicles at the core.
    - Ok what? A second Bender or a third Manta?

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Sun 19. Jun 2016, 19:27

Miauz55555 wrote:Suggestions so far:
  1. Adding JumpPads on the core from one side to the Manta on top and to the Cicada on top?
    - Good idea will do that,

Since this was my suggestion, I want to elaborate: It takes relatively long to get from one end of the base to the other (if the place where you got spawned doesn't have vehicles at that moment or you want to get a different one). I think jump pads from the right side of the base to the left and from the left to the right would be very nice.

Another thing to consider is placing a wall in front of the core. It's rather open/easy to attack right now and difficult to defend even with the Paladin. A wooden wall (wooden to fit with the theme) in front of it like the walls in front of the cores on StorageFacility might be good. That would not make it impossible to attack but would make long-distance attacks by raptors ineffective.

Nice work on this map! :thumbup:

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Sun 19. Jun 2016, 23:53

What kind of wall? With a roof, so that you can only attack the core from the side or with splash damage?

I could reduce the distance fog more.. it is currently on 32000.. so you can look further than you can shot. Maybe fit the fog with the max range from the tank or sniper? But it could look weard and fogy then, 32k looks nice I think. Is there somewere a table withe the max range from all weapons and vehicles?

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Mon 20. Jun 2016, 19:54

Could someone take a short look if it's ok now, or if there are more/ other things?

All just on the red core atm.

Code: Select all

*Two Jumppads.
*One new Mantas and one new EONS-Scorpion (fliped one Manta with the first EONS-Scorpion).
*A wooden wall at the core. Still open but it shold be easyer to defend with the Paladin now.
*Liftet the turrets and copied a staticmesh under them.

When I create a JumpPad is it posible to define, or modifie the trajektorie itselve? What I mean: Can I change the velocity/force and direction from the vector? (An other way than to move the exit PathNode and the JumpZModifier.)

Updated the link in the first post. (ONS-Medieval-M5-C-beta3-1.ut2 in the .7zip)

Edit:
Or a Badger at the core insted the 3. Manta and 2. Srocp. and a HellHound (or this FireHound? Which is fitting the theme, but it's very strong with a laserbeam insted of a charged twin beam) on node 6 to make it more important.
Maybe move the core in a litle cave like on the picture? Bigger than the Paladinshield so the attackers can destroy it with 2 players but secure enogh to protect with the Paladin against 1 attacker. Maybe with an entrance from above, too? And a 3. turret on top reach through stairs from the core-cave?
I like the cave idea more than the wooden cube I made arround the red core.
Attachments
Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG (53.54 KiB) Viewed 5032 times

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Wed 29. Jun 2016, 21:39

Because of a lag on post replys I just made the things what I heard and some other:

Code: Select all

*Add a FireHound (Gorz) to node 6 to counter the CerberusBomber (respawntime 45 s same as the bomber)
*Add JumpPads to the Core from one side to the other (halfway step to the Cicada and to the Mantas).
*Add Jumppads from Node 6 (left tower, on the other is the stormcaster) to 5, from the other side (by the supershield) to 5 land on a tower.
*Add Jumppads from the Core to the sidenodes (half way) one on the wall by the Cicada the other on the small tower
*Create a cave for the Core with stairs to a teleporter.
*Add a turret above the Core, enter through teleporter in core-cave
*Liftet the turrets on the core.
*Add Two big Dragonstatues on the sides, a big Dragonhead over each core and two small inside the core-cave.
*Add some volumes to catch the most of the damage from the jumppad fall. But there are health picups nearby.
*Edit the terain, the walls by the cores.
*Flip the Manta with the EONS-Scorpion.
*Update the Changelog.

The Core is now easier to defend with the Paladin. So don't drive it out of the base. You have a 3. turret abouve the core. A teleporter is behinde the core at the end of the stairs. So the defender can go on the top and the attacker can come from there and shot the core from behinde.
Jumppads for the defenders and when you lost your vehicles (see the yellow arrows some arround there).
I'm not sure about the FireHound at 6. Maybe to strong?
When you'r ok with the FireHound and there is nothing more than it's ready.

Updates the link in the first post (ONS-Medieval-M5-C-beta4.ut2)
Attachments
Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG (111.52 KiB) Viewed 4990 times
Shot00183.jpg
Shot00183.jpg (76.02 KiB) Viewed 4990 times
Shot00184.jpg
Shot00184.jpg (48.9 KiB) Viewed 4990 times

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Thu 30. Jun 2016, 21:02

Nice work Miau, i really like the dragons :shock: and the performance seems a little better. The only thing that isn't quite right are some of the jumpads. From what i've seen with Minus where i also used the double jumpads, players tend to move around while travelling through the air and often miss the second one. You could fix that with a narrow physics volume along the path of the jumpad and increase the TerminalVelocity, change the Collision Hight/Radius of the second UTJumppad, or use a teleporter :dunnosoz:

Now on the server. Feedback is welcome people :thumbup:
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Thu 30. Jun 2016, 21:32

Forget the FireHound texture.. sorry.. thank you to Zone for mention it.
But it's on the redirect so should be fine.

Edit:
I copied your "more than one jumppad" idea.^^
On the long way from 6 to the tower it's 3 jumppads.. so don't move in the air.^^ The bots are working on the pads.
Yes maybe a teleporter.. so much volumes.. naaa.
Attachments
FireHound_Tex.7z
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 50 times

GLoups!
Description: Just play for fun.

Postby GLoups! » Sat 2. Jul 2016, 17:41

Sorry for the long time to reply Miauz, i've been far away theses days, for the jumppads tricks i think Cat's solution is the only way, (but no bothered with that), on the last edit the texture behind the cores (the stairs) is a little weird, you can fix it easily if you'll edit again, just select all the surfaces (not the steps) and in the surface properties choose alignment planar and pan/rot/scale, use simple 0.5, apply.

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Sun 10. Jul 2016, 16:31

What I have made or at leas some ideas to make the matches a bit longer and better:

1. The texture thing.
  2. Exchange JumpPads where are more than 1 with Teleporters
  3. CoreHealth from 4000 to 8000
  4. BridgeNodes Health from 2000 to 3000 linkheal multiplicator from 1 to 0.6, buildtime from 30s to 40s
  5. CasleNodes linkheal multiplicator from 1 to 0.6
  6. Node 6 shield healing from 0 to 10? buildtime from 30s to 40s
  7. Node 5 linkheal multiplicator from 1 to 0.6 buildtime from 30s to 90s
  8. Respawntime from the Paladin at the core from 20 to 15, 10 s? (Btw when you drive the slow Paladin out of the core you will probably fast lose the match ;) )
  9. Put the Paladin in the near of the core and a JumpPad to it from. From the other side you can use the JumpPad which pointed to that side and than use it.
  10. Put the HellBender there where the Paladin was.
  11. Make the hole in the CoreCave where the Teleporter is a bit bigger so that you can shot easier with the tank or Paladin inside.
  12. Moved one of the ExplosiveBarrels to the Teleporter in the CoreCave.
  13. Sniper (LG) on Node 6.
  14. ExplosiveBarrel from Node 5 on the tower where the Teleporter from Node 6 ends.

Please give feedback so that we can put that as final on or change some other?
Some comments about the FireHound .. maybe replace it with a HellHound? When there are no comments it will stay.

Return to “The Creative Corner”