ONS-Medieval-M5-C

Anything about UT2004 mapping, Uscripting & more
Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Re: ONS-Medieval-M5-C

Postby Zon3r » Sun 10. Jul 2016, 23:13

Nothing really to add, i liked this version, but if anything, i don't think you should touch the primary nodes, makes comeback harder

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Tue 12. Jul 2016, 13:53

1. CoreHealth from 4000 to 8000
  2. Respawntime from the Paladin at the core from 20 to 15, 10 s?
  3. BridgeNodes Health from 2000 to 3000 linkheal multiplicator from 1 to 0.6, buildtime from 30s to 40s
  4. CasleNodes linkheal multiplicator from 1 to 0.6
  5. Node 6 shield healing from 0 to 10? buildtime from 30s to 40s
  6. Node 5 linkheal multiplicator from 1 to 0.6 buildtime from 30s to 90s

Ok thats the points we should talk about.
1 CoreHealth on 8000 is still ok and fast destroyed and I think it's good. Or want anyone it rather to 6000?
2 will give the defenders a bit more time to react. I'm not 100% sure about the values.. 10 s respawntime is a bit low. I think 15 s are ok.
3 + 4 I can let the primes as they are. My intend to change the BridgeNodes which are direct connected was that you can't build it so fast and give the defenders a bit more time.
6 When you want a fast comeback I may reduce the buildtime insted increasing it?

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Tue 12. Jul 2016, 22:13

Sorry Miau, i wanted to wait until i had seen a couple of matches before saying anything :thumbup:

I think there are two reasons for the quickness on this map.

The first is that the primaries are very easy to defend for the dominating side. Unlike on a map such as Dawn where you can attack them from distance, in Med you need to be virtually on top of the node before you can attack it and once you are in position the defending player(s) have walls, barns and hills to use in their defence. I think swapping the Manta's and their platforms with the nodes at 3 and 4 plus increasing their Sphere Hight so they can be shot above the wall will help, while at nodes 1 and 2 simply moving them on top of the bridge and maybe moving a vehicle under the bridge in it's place.

med1.png
med1.png (231.87 KiB) Viewed 2205 times

med2.png
med2.png (229.75 KiB) Viewed 2205 times

The second issue is the link setup. While i think it does work well with a fair number of skilled players, anything less and it becomes too hard for people to take the the next 4 nodes after the primaries. People should take their primaries, and attack the opposition primaries as quickly as possible, but sadly people don't. I think a more linear LS would work better for a random set of players. Something like this...

medls.png
medls.png (91.17 KiB) Viewed 2205 times

One final thing are the vehicles, which are fairly good atm, but i think just a small adjustment would help. The Cerberus is an interesting and new addition to the map, and it gives people another tool to try and use, so a pat on the back for that, but i do think it's fairly limited once it's novelty value has gone. Perhaps a Levi/bullet sponge would be better, or if you don't agree with moving the primaries out into the open, a Dragon. Another idea would be to place a Ballista at the cores to draw attacking players away from the core and other defending players.

---

Thank you for taking the time to give us another good map Miau :thumbup:
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Wed 13. Jul 2016, 20:07

You still can atack the prime from distance with a tank or paladin. You just has to drive it on a montain.
(3/4) Swaping the node with the Manta will make it vulnerable from the core. Or at least from one core. But increasing their Sphere Hight is ok. Teleporter from the core to one of the towers.
(2/1) When the node is on top of the bridge you can nearly atack it from node 6. Is moving it to the side also ok? Still under the bridge.
(5) Plasmatank with 1000 hp insted of 1200? The Dragon is to strong on that map.. you can fly in one edge and spam with the AA-turret.
Cerberus to the Sword with 1000 hp insted of 666?
(Core) Paladin hp to 800, 15 s respawntime 30 s spawnprotection?

Link: Connect 4-6-3 and 2-5-1 and 5-6? I don't like the original.. a litle cros is fine I think.

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Sat 30. Jul 2016, 14:08

Beta_5:

Code: Select all

*Changed LinkSetup
*PlasmaTank to 5 (1200 HP; 400 damage; very long range) you may use the Sword to take it down.
*CerberusBomber to the Sword (free for all; 90s respawn time; 1000 HP)
*Bigger hole in the core cave to the teleporter (Barrel there)
*Teleporter from 6 to 5 on one tower (Barrel there)
*Teleporter to the CastleNodes from core on one tower (Barrel there)
*rearanged ExplodingWoodBarrels for tactic play; exchanged them with the respawning ones from Gloups! OperaHouse
*CoreHealth from 4000 to 8000
*BridgeNodes buildtime from 30s to 40s
*CastleNodes linkheal multiplicator from 1 to 0.6, SphereHeight to 1024 (you can now attack both nodes with a Tank where the SuperSield is, and easier from the mountains)
*Node 5/6 Health from 2000 to 3000 buildtime from 30s to 60s
*Changed pickUp message for the StormCaster from "TargetPainter" to "StormCaster"
*Core moved Paladin (spawn protect 10s; 800 HP); Hellbender there were the Paladin was
*Add JumpPad to the Paladin
*Sniper (LG) on Node 6.
*The texture thing from the steps.
*Other litle things which I forgot.

@Dalyup! I don't know what you was meaning with this JumpPad thing.. could you please take a look if it's ok how it is now.
When there is everything ok and the values are also ok? Than thats it.
Updated the link in the first post.
Topic to the Plasma Tank

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Sat 30. Jul 2016, 21:48

Thank you for your work Miau :yippiiieh:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Sat 30. Jul 2016, 23:58

Made a ServerDemo from the first match. Cat can you post it here for two weeks so that everyone who is interested can load it?
Here are the EpicStats for the match to the demo.

I tryed the JumpPads on both cores.. they work like they shall.
The link setup feels fine, maybe a litle hard to get to the core compared to the other.^^

Feedback wellcome.

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Sun 31. Jul 2016, 20:31

Medival-Beta5 demo

You need to put the demo in your *\UnrealTournament2003\Demo folder and have all the map files (in Miau's link) in your game for this to work. Then open your game and go to "Community" and then "Demos".

Dalyup!
Description: Haggis

Postby Dalyup! » Sun 31. Jul 2016, 21:48

Miauz55555 wrote:
@Dalyup! I don't know what you was meaning with this JumpPad thing.. could you please take a look if it's ok how it is now.

I was referring to this jumppad (and its red counterpart):

I tried them a bit more and it looks I was just using them in a probably unintended way that propelled me further but caused me more damage, so my bad there. Although using it normally (i.e. going on it without moving), still seems to cause you more damage on the blue side (like 20) than on the red side (none).

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Mon 1. Aug 2016, 22:41

It's still fairly easy to get into the enemy base and camp there. Today we had 2 paladins at our locked core and a hellbender at various times. It's a pain to remove them (esp the paladins). Is there any way to block the immediate area around the core only for enemy vehicles?

Return to “The Creative Corner”