NEW VEHICLE AND WEAPON PACK RELEASED TO CEONSS TODAY!

Anything about UT2004 mapping, Uscripting & more
Castiel
Description: Just ask me

NEW VEHICLE AND WEAPON PACK RELEASED TO CEONSS TODAY!

Postby Castiel » Mon 12. Sep 2016, 23:04

Greetings all,

Im Scott AkA. Castiel, Solaris, Proxima Centauri, or whatever else i feel like putting. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know I am releasing a vehicle and weapons pack directly to all CEONSS players! :)

SEE THEM HERE!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeWwck ... yx3HneZWWw

GET THE VEHICLES HERE!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ayocm ... evised.zip

THE weapon pack and a new vehicle pack will be available soon too!\

INSTRUCTIONS:
Download the file. Unzip it. Plut the UTX files into your ut2004 textures folder. put the U and UCL files into your ut2004 systems folder. Click on the map and play! :)

I am also close to releasing another vehicle pack, but I need to polish a few things first!

The vehicle pack contains the following:

Enola Gay - ONS bomber that ut never finished.. i finished it
Stingray - two seat manta with a goliath primary
Omega - ion cannon raptor
Venom - bio raptor NOTE this is being updated to the Mark II Venom in the new vehicle pack
MegaManta - Alpha* version of a giant manta.. it is unfinished

The weapon Pack contains the following:

Quantum Cannon - super weapon avril.. hehe fire it at something and you will see..
Gack - bio flak cannon
Micro Grenade Launcher - fires tiny sticky mines that stick to nearly everything..
Super Link Gun - links slower but never runs out of ammo!
ToePopper - *Alpha version of a flak cannon that fires a bunch of mines at once... NOTE it is broken and needs to be fixed.. will be updated in the next weapons pack..

Anyway, I hope you guys like these. If you do tell a mapper to get them into maps asap..

Cheers, :)

Scott

[P]etya
Description: someone

Re: NEW VEHICLE AND WEAPON PACK RELEASED TO CEONSS TODAY!

Postby [P]etya » Tue 13. Sep 2016, 12:21

Well modified Mantas having secondary gunner seem rather unpractical for me.
The Ion Cannon Raptor seems rather imba to me :D People are already having difficulties at taking out Ion Tanks.
As for that bomber... Maybe you could add other gunners, because the bomb and that close range blast won't be enough for it imho.

Castiel

Postby Castiel » Tue 13. Sep 2016, 20:54

Petya,

I have heard all this before. I try to make vehicles that are balanced and not over powered..

It is very practical in a map with a bunch of Super vehicles. The Sting Ray mantas second seat fires plasma projectiles. They are incredibly powerful but inaccurate whilst moving at top speed. Also, the primary fire has the same inaccuracy as the default goliath. Furthermore, it is weighed to feel "heavier" and has a much slower acceleration then a regular manta. In other words.. its slow to react, not easy to control nor very accurate, but if you hit someone.. well they die quickly :) It is in a map on omni and so far has gotten good feedback.

The Omega Ion raptor is also balanced.. It only fires every 7 seconds. Second, you can only fire it straight out. You must fly towards a target and swoop down in a "bombing run" to hit anything. Plus, you can only fire up if u are flying backwards. In other words, you can not stand still and spam. Third, it only had 225 health and moves slightly slower then a regular raptor. It is avril bate. Trust me a good pilot might be able to do some damage but in play testing it never survives more then 2 or 3 shots at a time. Again, tried to balance it out.

As for the bomber. The bomber was unfinished and glitchy as hell. It took the better part of 3 hours to "hack" a class to get it to fire. It simply can not have more guns. Second, it is called the Enola Gay B29 Bomber for a reason. it has 3500 health and can take a pounding. It does have a secondary energy blast, that if timed right, can deny avrils, but its tough to do.. Finally, the Atom Bomb it fires every 15 seconds will destroy a node in 1 shot and destroy the core in 4 shots.. It is has more then enough range. The standard deemer and levi blast is 2000 the Atom Bomb has a range more then 3x that. I think I have it set at 6500. A good gauge of that is if you are on torlan and I bomb the node on top of the corner hill and land a direct hit. It will kill anything out to where the goliath spawns at that node.

I ask that you and everyone else talk to mappers to get them into maps and try them out before passing judgement. We coders/moders put a lot of time and effort into this stuff just to try to bring something new and run to a very old game.

Thanks anyway, I appreciate the interest non the less

Scott :)

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Tue 13. Sep 2016, 23:46

Wellcome to this forum Castiel and thank you for sharing your work here, too. Feel free to post everything you want, also feedback to maps is always wellcome.
:welcomewagon:
Be nice to him, Castiel is an Angel. :angelwings:

An example: "Thats a very good map." is fine and nice. But something like: "Bad map." or just "Unballanced" is not nice.. it is not helpfull in anyway, there are no informathions in it.. the only thing what happends is that you piss the one who put his/her time for you in it off.
They put hours in there work so you can put some minutes in a constructive feedback, thoughts, ideas how to improve and why.
It's not only for the forum, also ingame.. when you have feedback be constructive and not a lazy typing guy. Also be specific and try that your writings are not open for interpretation. When you can't do/want doing that just write something like "thank you".
As a reminder:
THINK:
True Helpful Inspiring Necessary Kind

Ok, thank you to you all. :)
Be nice, play fair and have fun. :thumbup:

Hawk
Description: Fly like an eagle euh hawk :p

Postby Hawk » Thu 15. Sep 2016, 15:25

Welcome to the forum, great to see that people still try to create new UT stuff :clap: :welcomewagon:
Hawk
Free as a bird

Castiel

Postby Castiel » Fri 23. Sep 2016, 18:09

Here is the link to the weapons pack.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lys2 ... nPack1.zip

SEE THEM HERE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShTFQ8rkLrg

NOTE: The Toe Popper is broken and I do not feel like fixing it. Do not use it.

Return to “The Creative Corner”