SECOND VEHICLE PACK COMING SOON!!

Anything about UT2004 mapping, Uscripting & more
Castiel
Description: Just ask me

SECOND VEHICLE PACK COMING SOON!!

Postby Castiel » Wed 21. Sep 2016, 23:05

CEONNS players,

I am excited to announce that I am releasing my second vehicle pack... It will consist of the HYDRA TANK!!

SEE IT THE HYDRA HERE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfVXj8fOR5U

GET THE PACK HERE - Contains a map with the vehicles and also the texture packages.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dusfv ... ePack2.zip

NEW VEHICLES:

The Hydra - A tank with two main barrels! - Thanks to Lagzilla for the texturing.
The Ifrit - A Fire raptor Variant. Torch MOFO's from above.
The Cherufe - A Fire manta Variant. Burn bitches on the run.
The Mega Manta - Exactly what it sounds like, a giant powerful two-seat manta.

Existing Vehicles:

Enola Gay - Small emitter bug fixed.
Venom - New texture and primary projectiles default properties tweaked.
Omega - no changes
Sting Ray - no changes

There were 3 other vehicles in very early alpha, but I am stepping away from the game and I don't feel like finishing them.. sorry :(

Everyone don't forget you can get my weapons pack here also:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lys2 ... nPack1.zip

*Note: The Toe Popper is broken so I would not suggest using it. Anyone feel free to decompile and fix if you wish.

Thanks to everyone for the interest and the games. If you like this stuff talk to mapper and get them into maps..

Cheers,

Scott

Miauz55555

Re: SECOND VEHICLE PACK COMING SOON!!

Postby Miauz55555 » Thu 22. Sep 2016, 17:01

Castiel wrote:[...] There were 3 other vehicles in very early alpha, but I am stepping away from the game and I don't feel like finishing them.. sorry :( [...]

Sadly to hear Scott.
You are always wellcome on the forum and on the server.

When you first said "double gun" I was thinking at the C&C tank:

I like your Hydra, it's much cooler than the C&C-tank. And I think it deserves a whole map just for itselfe.
The skin is awesome. I really like the barrel with the [s]german[/s] hydra eagle. And I like that it is a full stop when there is no driver. So it's a bit more vulnable to flyers when someone drives it alone. Also that it revards teamplay. Oh and the vehicle Horn is very cool.

When you work on the Hydra again (because you said it's normaly not finnished yet) than I would suggest the following:
Second turret should damage the tank as the main gun does.
Second turret a litle bit smaller.. like 15%? And there should be some collisiond for that turret to jump on it.
The angle from the second turrent should not be able to aim so close to the tank (just 2 or 3 degree more). It will look a bit nicer when the barrel don't touch the other one. The upper angle should a bit lower.. like 65° and not 87°? I understand thats to compensate the missing minigun, but nearly straigt up looks a bit strange.
The angle from the main gun should also a bit lower.. like 40° insted 50°?

Is the bomb from the bomber shootable?

The Mega Manta is cool.. very agile. Sure it would be cool when it's a 2 seater.. so both passengers visible and able to headshot them.

Btw: You may want to make some entrys from your vehicles to this page too? http://oons.wikidot.com/ It was createt in 2007 from a player called Wulf, but never was much maintained. I did a bit work on it.. like indexing things other players wrote but never indext it by themselve (so it was not visible.. ), changing the layout and some other stuff. Just create a free account and edit/ create new pages.

Whatever.. hope to see you in the game or on the forum again Scott. :thumbup:

Castiel

Postby Castiel » Thu 22. Sep 2016, 19:49

Miau,

When it comes to doing these vehicles, there are always compromises that come from the limitations of the engine and my abilities. I am only a novice coder/moder after all.. Plus, ultimately until a vehicle gets placed into a map and is played a few times on a full server, I really do not know how it will play. I have to make an educated guess.

Hydra,

SPECIAL THANKS: LAGZILLA Did the texturing. He is a talented guy.

Well to get two turrets to do that is sort of a hack honestly. They should not do that using the same gun backbone.. The collision is there it is just duplicated on the main turret. I made a decision to give the turrets the maneuverability and range of motion because in play testing it had absolutely no defense from even a regular raptors and close foot soldiers and using a minigun turret just would not work. Also, it was to overpowered with the second gun having the same damage. Plus, smaller gun - weaker projectile. The angle down on a barrels is default I did not change them. There is just no collision on that barrel part of the static mesh. Nothing I can do about it..

Bomber

Nope, made the decision to not do that.. It fires so slow and is so vulnerable to attack it would be useless if you could deny the bomb.. I base my vehicles design off of damage per second. The bomber drops a bomb ever 15 seconds that does 1200 damage, that is less then 100 per second. By contrast a stock manta fires 5x a second at 30 per second, for 150 per second, nearly double that of the bomber. Another example is the Mino 1200 damage every 3 seconds for 400 per second, aka super vehicle.. This is not including secondary seats. The bomber looks like it is over powered but it really isn't. It is just a cool way of bring down nodes, but it is no more effective then any other vehicle.

MegaManta

Another compromise. I tried ever passenger weapon backbone and static mesh. The only one that did not glitch or simply look stupid was this set up.. I guess just take the second seat with a grain of salt.. It is UNREAL tournament :P...

I will still be around. I just do not have the desire to spend so much time on this game. I've been spending 20 hours a week on this game and 2-4 of that might have been playing. I finally understand why the coders lose their skill... You spend all your time on the game, not playing it..

Anyway.. Here is the thread on OMNI that has the approximate specs for the Hydra if you are interested.

http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthread.php?t=14947

Sorry for the long post everyone.

Cheers,

Scott

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Thu 22. Sep 2016, 21:08

Ok. All is unreal and unreal is all. ;)
Castiel wrote:[...] I will still be around. I just do not have the desire to spend so much time on this game. I've been spending 20 hours a week on this game and 2-4 of that might have been playing. I finally understand why the coders lose their skill... You spend all your time on the game, not playing it.. [...]

Not all coders/ mappers lose there gaming-skills.. in fact here they are some of the best players arround.

Also the main part is to have fun.. so when you have fun with coding than code.. maybe lern another coding languages? Btw. Java is very similar to unreal-script, when you can do one of them, lerning the other should be go fast. There are so much tutorials in the web. Take a look on this site (edx) or this for UT2004 and that for the UDK from 3D-Buzz (there videos are good) for example.
And when you have fun with playing than play.

[...] Sorry for the long post everyone.
Cheers,
Scott

No problem.. and boy, just look arround at this forum and you will finde post which are 20x the leng off your post. :D

Cheers :cheers: :slurrp:

Castiel

Postby Castiel » Thu 22. Sep 2016, 21:56

Ah, I know people can do that shit and still be good players. I am rusty, but still decent enough I guess. I haven been looking into C+ and starting to learn the basics. All I am saying is, I won't be spending so much time on all this.

Castiel

Postby Castiel » Fri 23. Sep 2016, 18:10

Here is the link to the weapons pack.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lys2 ... nPack1.zip

SEE THEM HERE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShTFQ8rkLrg

NOTE: The Toe Popper is broken and I do not feel like fixing it. Do not use it.

Return to “The Creative Corner”