ONS-Aggressive-Alleys-C

Anything about UT2004 mapping, Uscripting & more
widurr

Re: ONS-Aggressive-Alleys-C

Postby widurr » Tue 3. Jan 2017, 16:18

OK, it was the map pack. With latest one no problem with maps.
I like this beta36 :)

Cat1981England
Administrator

ONS-Aggressive-Alleys-C

Postby Cat1981England » Sat 7. Jan 2017, 21:13

ONS-Aggressive-Alleys-C-SP1

No changes from beta36 just renamed. Download link will be removed next time the map pack is updated.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

smalltown
Description: UT 2004 cunt player

ONS-Aggressive-Alleys-C

Postby smalltown » Mon 6. Feb 2017, 15:55

Found it very annoying that the badger can still climb the ways across the alleys and there is no freaking way to destroy them. The prevvios edit had the jumpboots which you just clicked twice and reached the top immediately. But in the new one very difficult, only the spammers and campers who know vehicle climbing can take full advantage of that and spam during the whole game. The shooting range from above is vast, can hit anything from any angle. I tried many times to get avril locked in onto the badger but to no avail. The Alley as well with the stairs, cat showed me how to get in there. The top is even a better camping spot for someone who is good at lg. For the wall, make them all uneffective to the vehicle climb.
:firedevil: :firedevil: STOMBOTOWN :firedevil: :firedevil: :machinegun: :cool2cool: :yoman:

unkorix

ONS-Aggressive-Alleys-C

Postby unkorix » Mon 6. Feb 2017, 16:58

Agree with smalltown. Putting camping positions on a map looks a good idea, but only if there are obvious ways to kill camper or destroy his/her vehicle.

Gaffer
Description: Total arse

Postby Gaffer » Fri 9. Jun 2017, 23:49

I agree with smalltown about the badger climbing issue, there should be no way to get a vehicle to such an overpowered spot.

I also think the invisibility shouldn't be on this map, especially not located where it is. People who know how to get the invis are the same people who likely know how to get to the roof. We had some players today get the invis, go to the roof and collect the health keg + shield and then sit there and snipe. It's bad enough trying to kill someone on the high ground, ten times worse when they have enough extra health to survive 3 headshots, and a million times worse when they are also invisible.

My suggestion would be to completely remove invisibilty OR make it a relic so people show when they switch weapons or fire.
Remove power ups from the top of the building, add them elsewhere e.g. on the side nodes next to the dumpsters.

People on the roof have enough of an advantage being completely unkillable by vehicles, no need to make it even more.

Perhaps replace current spawn of invisibility with something else like that eons nade that kicks people from vehicles. Even if it is deployed in front of the enemy core, they can still get the badger from the underground bunker things.

Cat1981England
Administrator

ONS-Aggressive-Alleys-C

Postby Cat1981England » Sat 10. Jun 2017, 23:19

Thanks Gaff :thumbup:

On the first edit it was virtually impossible to get a vehicle up onto the rooftops, but people didn't like it, which is why it was made possible again. Personally i don't have too much of an issue with it because not only is it fairly easy to counter, but it also adds an extra dimension to the map.

It wouldn't take a second to remove, replace or move the invisibility pickup if that's what people want. It was added to give an extra style of play to the map which is already friendly to spammers, snipers, tank and manta whores.

I agree that the super Shield and Health pickups should be moved. They were originally added to give people a reason to go up there (the old map didn't have rooftops), but it's fairly common now. It would be nice just to place a couple standard 25 health pickups up there just becuase people tend to get a lot of damage getting there with the jumpboots.

---

Anyone else have any thoughts about how we could all improve the gameplay of this map?
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

ONS-Aggressive-Alleys-C

Postby Zon3r » Sun 11. Jun 2017, 07:26

removing the keg and shield is so-so, but if you remove the invisibility then there will be really no reason to go up there, except for the badgercampers, even if someone has the invisibility, without 199/150 they are easy to kill with an LG, so i think it should stay, and the location is not a secret, and it may help to take out the badgers
Gaffer wrote:Perhaps replace current spawn of invisibility with something else like that eons nade that kicks people from vehicles. Even if it is deployed in front of the enemy core, they can still get the badger from the underground bunker things.

I believe you are talking about the EMP mine, there are two of them on the map already, i'll show you where below(the video is lagging, deal with it, my pc is on it's last breath)

Gaffer
Description: Total arse

Postby Gaffer » Sun 11. Jun 2017, 12:29

Hmmm I didn't know about the EMP mines, good one Zony.

So I guess remove health keg, replace with the 25hp pickups. Keep invisibility as is, or perhaps replace it with super shock or translocator to give people a reason to go up?

Return to “The Creative Corner”