-Nick-

MusicBox

Postby -Nick- » Fri 22. Jun 2018, 18:53

laboRHEinz
Administrator
Description: Old Fart

MusicBox

Postby laboRHEinz » Fri 22. Jun 2018, 22:14

That's a really nice pop song, Nick. Very good voice and rythm, it's obviously been produced quite professionally.
It gets played on my beloved local radio station a bit too often, though, so I got a bit weary of it :mrgreen:

Miauz55555

Re: MusicBox

Postby Miauz55555 » Sun 1. Jul 2018, 12:51

Tabi no Tochuu by Natsumi Kiyoura:

laboRHEinz
Administrator

MusicBox

Postby laboRHEinz » Thu 19. Jul 2018, 22:06

I'm still anxiously waiting for the new SP songs :|
To bridge it, here's Eye, a rather unknown but still great song.
James Iha's guitar starting at 3:25 is so magic and mystic, it gets me every time :loveit:

laboRHEinz
Administrator

MusicBox

Postby laboRHEinz » Fri 3. Aug 2018, 22:55

Anybody out there remembering Big Country?
Great Scottish rock band in the 80's: guitars sounding like bagpipes, meaningful lyrics and sophisticated drums (by Mark Brzezicki) - quite outstanding back then.
Literally every single song on their first 3 albums (The Crossing, Steeltown, The Seer) is simply great.
A brief sample (let's please overlook their 80's hairstyles and fashion, ok?):

And their most known song 'Look away':

Very sadly, Stuart Adamson, the bandleader and mastermind of Big Country chose to leave us in 2001 :C

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

MusicBox

Postby EmanReleipS » Thu 9. Aug 2018, 23:07

Drove back from a seminar today and it was a long, exhausting trip through a thunderstorm and many construction sites. I needed some upbeat music to keep myself awake and focused.

I really enjoyed these two songs that I heard on the radio while driving:

The Night Game - The Outfield
(Already the second really good song I've heard by this band and they haven't even released their debut album yet.)

Parcels - Overnight

laboRHEinz
Administrator

MusicBox

Postby laboRHEinz » Fri 10. Aug 2018, 22:30

Parcels's Overnight sounds very nice! Positive mood, sexy, good rythm, very well danceable. It strongly reminds of Daft Punk's Get Lucky, though ;) Anyway, curious on which radio station you heard that? Most German stations don't play such songs...

On The Night Game's The Outfield I could not find anything remarkable, sorry. Average shallow pop song.

While passing such a harsh verdict, I'd also like to point out that I would really love to get the same frankness about all the music that I post over here. You know, I posted a lot of songs by now but never got any feedback :/
Were they good? bad? Anybody cares at all? Or did it come across just as "Oh my goodness, weird old Heinzi posted his shit once again"?

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

MusicBox

Postby EmanReleipS » Sat 11. Aug 2018, 15:52

Thanks for the feedback! I'm always happy when someone else is giving the songs that I'm posting a try.

I read that "Overnight" was actually produced and co-written by Daft Punk, so you are right on the money! :award:

I actually don't know which station it was because I was driving with navi and just switching through stations with the steering wheel (the entertainment display would only show either the radio stations or the route). But I think it was some kind of reggae station.
If you are looking for more unusual songs, NDR2 often has really good new introductions or songs besides the mainstream ones after midnight. I've discovered a few very good songs/bands that way.

I really loved Joan Baez's "Diamonds and Rust" that you posted. :loveit: You did not exaggerate about her voice.

loucast

MusicBox

Postby loucast » Sat 11. Aug 2018, 23:52

Here's one for ya Hyde
Clint Eastwood is a song by British virtual band Gorillaz, released as the first single from their self-titled debut album in March 2001. The song is named after the actor of the same name due to its similarity to the theme music of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UclCCFNG9q4

Miauz55555

Re: MusicBox

Postby Miauz55555 » Wed 15. Aug 2018, 22:02

Das Krokodil und sein Nilpferd-Grau Grau Grau

Return to “Off Topic”