Canadian style macaroni

Life, death, the weather and anything else
Hyden
Description: Eastern Coast Canadian, gamer

Canadian style macaroni

Post by Hyden »

So this topic came up a couple of times as the traditional Canadian way of making baked macaroni is different than the US and other places.

So all you need is:

1 can of tomato soup
1 cup of macaroni
1 tablespoon of milk
pepper and garlic powder to your liking

Optional:

500gm of cooked hamburger

Cook the macaroni in boiling water for about 8 minutes, drain and rinse then place it in a medium rectangular casserole/pyrex dish. Add the tomato soup then season it with pepper and garlic powder. You could also add other spices that you enjoy! Add the milk then mix this so the macaroni is coated then level it out. Place as much shredded cheese on top as you like. We have pre shredded bags of cheese here, usually a mix of two to three cheeses like cheddar and mozzarella. Cook this for 20-22 minutes at 350 degrees F.

If you want it to be a little fancier just brown some ground beef until cooked (about 10 minutes fried) then mix it into the macaroni before adding the cheese.

Very simple and quite tasty!
joeblow
Description: male gamer

Canadian style macaroni

Post by joeblow »

When you say macaroni I think you mean "elbows" correct?

When my Mom you make it she would take moldy cheese out of the refrigerator and shred it up. She told us it was penicillin and it was good for us. Till this day we dont let her live it down.
Hyden

Canadian style macaroni

Post by Hyden »

joeblow wrote: Wed 22. Jun 2022, 08:23 When you say macaroni I think you mean "elbows" correct?

When my Mom you make it she would take moldy cheese out of the refrigerator and shred it up. She told us it was penicillin and it was good for us. Till this day we dont let her live it down.
yes, elbow macaroni. You could probably substitute almost any kind of pasta though, it'd still work.
Miauz55555
Description: https://discord.gg/X4V8THM

Canadian style macaroni

Post by Miauz55555 »

:)
Hyden

Canadian style macaroni

Post by Hyden »

i would also like to thank flat for the many requests for me to remove this recipe which I continue to gleefully ignore :)