-Nick-

Re: MusicBox

Postby -Nick- » Sat 16. Dec 2017, 03:06

laboRHEinz
Administrator
Description: Old Fart

MusicBox

Postby laboRHEinz » Sun 17. Dec 2017, 00:12

Gonna pester you all with Smashing Pumpkins songs for the rest of my life I guess :D
Won't bother anyone with songs everybody knows anyway, like Today, 1979 or Ava Adore. There's still a lot of their songs worth to be mentioned... Like this one, recorded live! The first 3 minutes are quite hard and rather conventional (except for Jimmy Chamberlin's awesome drumming), but the last 3 minutes are great, blues-influenced and quite unconventional:

laboRHEinz
Administrator

MusicBox

Postby laboRHEinz » Fri 29. Dec 2017, 00:46

This quiet song perfectly fits in between the fat x-mas days and new year:

Soma contains about 40 overdubbed guitar tracks and NME placed Corgan's solo as 41st in their 50 greatest guitar solos list. TBQH, I could have found way better solos in other SP songs, but ok...
According to Billy Corgan himself, the song "is based on the idea that a love relationship is almost the same as opium: it slowly puts you to sleep, it soothes you, and gives you the illusion of sureness and security”. Just like Christmas?

Miauz55555

MusicBox

Postby Miauz55555 » Mon 15. Jan 2018, 20:07

A few awesome kids making musik:
Canon Rock - Jerry C cover by Laura

Imagine Dragons - Demons (complex piano cover)

That one is funny:
4 JACK SPARROWS playing He's A Pirate [metal cover]

Neon Genesis Evangelion Opening - Cruel Angel's Thesis; Covered bye Eddie van der Meer:

-Nick-

Re: MusicBox

Postby -Nick- » Mon 22. Jan 2018, 00:57

Hawk
Description: Fly like an eagle euh hawk :p

MusicBox

Postby Hawk » Tue 23. Jan 2018, 23:27

Apparently Neil Diamond will stop singing due to Parkinson, so I wanted to share 2 beautiful songs of him.

Song Hello again :

Song September Morning
Hawk
Free as a bird

ThunderCat
Description: Swiggity swooty

MusicBox

Postby ThunderCat » Thu 25. Jan 2018, 11:35

laboRHEinz
Administrator

MusicBox

Postby laboRHEinz » Thu 25. Jan 2018, 23:53

Yet another Smashing Pumpkins song (yawn?)? Lol, nope, not quite! Although I really know you all were nothing but anxiously waiting for another one after I haven't posted any for such a long time :P However instead, I'd rather like to put the focus on their drummer Jimmy Chamberlin. From my previous posts it should be inherently clear that I'm a big fan of him (and of good drums in general). Well, Jimmy is just such a ***ing good drummer :) He's known as one of the most powerful drummers in rock (which I personally can deeply confirm as I heared him live in concert a few years ago, he's simply jaw-dropping!) and some others even named him the 5th best drummer of all time. Anyway, he also is extremely virtous and versatile since he originally trained (and still plays) as a jazz drummer. Enough talking, though, here's the genius himself at work (plus the corresponding SP song below, for those who don't like the drums emphasised):

Btw I would have preferred other songs over Geek, but I couldn't find any other decent Youtube couple. In case anyone really cares at all :P here's my list of songs on which Jimmy's drums are really worth listening to: Silverfuck, Bodies, STP, Doomsday Clock, Jellybelly, Hello Kitty Kat, 7 Shades of Black, Life Begins Again.

laboRHEinz
Administrator

MusicBox

Postby laboRHEinz » Fri 26. Jan 2018, 04:09

Couldn't resist adding this song, too. Aeroplane Flies High is one of my SP favs, I can't explain why exactly. I just like the heavy sound, mood and guitars. Enjoy :):

studio version (much better):

BTW, there's rumours the original SP members plan to reunite in 2018 again. Would mean quite a lot to me. Just like Leia meeting Han Solo again after 30+ years :lol: . Bassist D'Arcy Wretzky seems to have been skipped for the reunion, though. While I might imagine the reason, I still do insist on:
D'ARCY, COME BACK!!!

Return to “Off Topic”