Space, Stars, Planets and Around

Life, death, the weather and anything else
User avatar
Miauz55555
Posts: 1178
Joined: Sun 7. Jun 2015, 22:12
Location: Germany

Space, Stars, Planets and Around

Postby Miauz55555 » Thu 24. Sep 2015, 23:43

This weekend (26.Sep.2015 till 28.Sep.2015) Lunar looks bigger than normal.
And there will be a total Eclipse.
I think it will be nice.

For further information and nice animations, look hear:
https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/Gallery/SupermoonLunarEclipseSeptember2015.html
Image

User avatar
Xac
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu 15. Nov 2012, 14:21
Description: keeping it UNreal since 2004

Re: Space, Stars, Planets and Around

Postby Xac » Wed 30. Sep 2015, 08:46

Did you see it? Got up at 3 am, but the sky was cloudy... :roll:
I tried to drown my sorrows, but somehow they learned how to swim...

User avatar
EmanReleipS
Administrator
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed 2. Oct 2013, 23:18
Description: Pancake Fairy
Location: Germany

Re: Space, Stars, Planets and Around

Postby EmanReleipS » Wed 30. Sep 2015, 15:01

Xac wrote:Did you see it? Got up at 3 am, but the sky was cloudy... :roll:


I got up at 4am, but had to go outside because a huge tree was blocking the view from my window. It was super cold outside and the moon was smaller than I thought....
It also completely ruined my sleep pattern, so I don't think I will get up at a time like that again just to look at the moon.

DSCF5905.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
Miauz55555
Posts: 1178
Joined: Sun 7. Jun 2015, 22:12
Location: Germany

Re: Space, Stars, Planets and Around

Postby Miauz55555 » Wed 30. Sep 2015, 19:01

Yes.
I was up around 4:20, also clear sky and cold nigth.
Was fine. I find it interesting that you can see the shadow on the moon.
Image

User avatar
Xac
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu 15. Nov 2012, 14:21
Description: keeping it UNreal since 2004

Re: Space, Stars, Planets and Around

Postby Xac » Thu 1. Oct 2015, 11:27

EmanReleipS wrote:
Xac wrote:Did you see it? Got up at 3 am, but the sky was cloudy... :roll:


I got up at 4am, but had to go outside because a huge tree was blocking the view from my window. It was super cold outside and the moon was smaller than I thought....
It also completely ruined my sleep pattern, so I don't think I will get up at a time like that again just to look at the moon.



Nice pic! Wish I could have seen it. It was probably worth getting up in your case to see it, the next one won't be for many years.

I just about got to see the 95% partial eclipse of the sun some months back, there was some cloud, but you could still see the sun. It was weird how it suddenly got cold and how eerily quiet it became.
I tried to drown my sorrows, but somehow they learned how to swim...

User avatar
Miauz55555
Posts: 1178
Joined: Sun 7. Jun 2015, 22:12
Location: Germany

Space, Stars, Planets and Around

Postby Miauz55555 » Sat 4. Mar 2017, 18:22

Some cool, free, high resolution future advertisement paintings from Nasa staring some nice Planets and there moons:
https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/visions-of-the-future/

A free collection of NASA sounds from historic spaceflights and current missions:
https://www.nasa.gov/connect/sounds/index.html
Image

User avatar
Miauz55555
Posts: 1178
Joined: Sun 7. Jun 2015, 22:12
Location: Germany

Space, Stars, Planets and Around

Postby Miauz55555 » Thu 26. Jul 2018, 21:56

Don't forget the blood moon and the total lunar eclipse as well as that the Mars will be very bright tomorrow. A combination like that you will only see once in 105000 years.

To find the Mars you can use a free app like "sky map" or "sky few".

https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/niedersa ... nd198.html

https://m.focus.de/wissen/weltraum/mit- ... 90937.html
Image

User avatar
Miauz55555
Posts: 1178
Joined: Sun 7. Jun 2015, 22:12
Location: Germany

Space, Stars, Planets and Around

Postby Miauz55555 » Sat 28. Jul 2018, 13:19

Bloodmoon and Mars toghether; 27.07.2018; Germany:
IMG_20180727_230550.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
Hawk
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon 7. Apr 2014, 21:59
Description: Fly like an eagle euh hawk :p
Location: Country of fries :o)

Space, Stars, Planets and Around

Postby Hawk » Sat 28. Jul 2018, 23:00

Miauz55555 wrote:Don't forget the blood moon and the total lunar eclipse as well as that the Mars will be very bright tomorrow. A combination like that you will only see once in 105000 years.

To find the Mars you can use a free app like "sky map" or "sky few".

https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/niedersa ... nd198.html

https://m.focus.de/wissen/weltraum/mit- ... 90937.html



Sadly it was very cloudly in Belgium, could not see a thing from it and a recording is just not the same then the real thing :C
Hawk
Free as a bird

User avatar
Hyden
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu 9. Jan 2014, 03:57
Description: Eastern Coast Canadian, gamer
Location: Canada

Re: Space, Stars, Planets and Around

Postby Hyden » Sun 29. Jul 2018, 02:26

Nice pics, too cloudy here so we depend on photos from other places to enjoy it.


Return to “Off Topic”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests