Windows 10 experiences

Life, death, the weather and anything else
GLoups!
Description: Just play for fun.

Re: Windows 10 experiences

Postby GLoups! » Sat 2. Jul 2016, 17:22

I have found this little thing that work well to prevent the install and delete system files from W10, i really want to stay on w7 so i made monthly a clone of my system hdd in case of dirty trick with a Backup & Data Recovery Software, i'll put on my agenda an upgrade scheduled near years 2020. :lol:

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Sun 3. Jul 2016, 12:47

GLoups! wrote:I have found this little thing that work well to prevent the install and delete system files from W10, i really want to stay on w7 so i made monthly a clone of my system hdd in case of dirty trick with a Backup & Data Recovery Software, i'll put on my agenda an upgrade scheduled near years 2020. :lol:

Win 10 will only be free for a little bit longer, like end of July-ish.

I really can't complain about Win 10. Everything works well.

joeblow
Description: male gamer

Postby joeblow » Tue 5. Jul 2016, 05:37

No I do everything bank,stock market.

Just dont do Facebook on this machine its not safe....

Xac
Description: keeping it UNreal since 2004

Postby Xac » Tue 5. Jul 2016, 08:45

EmanReleipS wrote:Win 10 will only be free for a little bit longer, like end of July-ish.

I really can't complain about Win 10. Everything works well.

The offer ends on the 29th of July.

The most recent popups asking me to install Win10 now have a "Decline Free Offer" button.

For some people, Win10 will work fine, but not for everyone. I think it is an improvement on Win8, but I don't like the enforced update policy, the lack of data privacy and also having lots of unwanted add-ons like Xbox, Cortana etc, using up resources and internet bandwidth, which are not easy to remove.
Play it safe, do what Droopy says..."Always double tap!"

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Tue 5. Jul 2016, 17:54

Xac wrote:The offer ends on the 29th of July.

The most recent popups asking me to install Win10 now have a "Decline Free Offer" button.

:lol:

Xac wrote:For some people, Win10 will work fine, but not for everyone. I think it is an improvement on Win8, but I don't like the enforced update policy, the lack of data privacy and also having lots of unwanted add-ons like Xbox, Cortana etc, using up resources and internet bandwidth, which are not easy to remove.

Agreed. Upgrading from Win 7 is unnecessary, but it's def an improvement over Win 8. I upgraded solely for a feature that I later discovered Win 7 already had. :(

Xac
Description: keeping it UNreal since 2004

Postby Xac » Thu 21. Jul 2016, 10:22

This is getting desperate now...

Win10 countdown.JPG

Do you realise you've only got 8 days left? SERIOUSLY! You've only got 8 days and counting...

:lol:

What's it going to be like when it gets down to less than a day? Constant popups every 10 mins? ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Play it safe, do what Droopy says..."Always double tap!"

Return to “Off Topic”