Teambalancer weird way of balancing?

UT2004 related discussions
SysX

Postby SysX » Wed 13. Dec 2017, 16:30

Just wanted to drop this here, I don't know how the balancer works, but putting 1 player with a full bot team against a team full of players doesn't seem right.

Screen for evidence:

This was after the balancing took place.

Now I'm at it I noticed sometimes the balancer does nothing when a player leaves the game, leaving one team with 2 players less then the other till someone actually joins.

WOooHOoo!! »\o\°\O/°/o/«

SysX

Re: Teambalancer weird way of balancing?

Postby SysX » Fri 16. Nov 2018, 16:46

Bump, imho we need some midgame balancing.
Far too often teams are uneven in numbers or just very one sided, at this point the balancer has become a meme :>
WOooHOoo!! »\o\°\O/°/o/«

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Fri 16. Nov 2018, 20:15

Never noticed your post. :shock:
We may can activate the midgame balance from EvenMatch? Or the command to manual push a balance check bye the players?
https://github.com/TheRealWormbo/EvenMatch/blob/master/README.md

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Fri 16. Nov 2018, 20:42

Looking at the balancer's configuration, I think "bIgnoreBotsForTeamSize=False" is the problem. I will try setting that to True and see if that helps.

SysX

Postby SysX » Fri 16. Nov 2018, 22:02

ty :)
WOooHOoo!! »\o\°\O/°/o/«

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Sat 17. Nov 2018, 09:34

Alright, I changed that setting and also decreased the delay for the balancer by 10 seconds. Let me know how it goes. :)

[P]etya
Description: someone

Postby [P]etya » Sat 17. Nov 2018, 11:13

While I'm not aware how this current teambalancer works, but I remember there used to be a problem, that the balancer moved the best player from one team to another and it caused a real strong shift in team power (usually the loser team becoming the more powerful and made a ridiculous comeback). Just asking whether this Teambalancer weighs the individual player 'Elo' and the team's avg 'Elo'.

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Sat 17. Nov 2018, 11:41

[P]etya wrote:While I'm not aware how this current teambalancer works, but I remember there used to be a problem, that the balancer moved the best player from one team to another and it caused a real strong shift in team power (usually the loser team becoming the more powerful and made a ridiculous comeback). Just asking whether this Teambalancer weighs the individual player 'Elo' and the team's avg 'Elo'.

It's using the average PPH which it stores in it's own "database/file". May the "DeletePlayerPPHAfterDaysNotSeen" was to low for midgame balance.
When you look at the readme I linked above, you can also see that there is an option for "ValuablePlayerRankingPct" where the default 50% is may to high.

Return to “General”