Teambalancer weird way of balancing?

UT2004 related discussions
SysX

Post by SysX » Wed 13. Dec 2017, 16:30

Just wanted to drop this here, I don't know how the balancer works, but putting 1 player with a full bot team against a team full of players doesn't seem right.

Screen for evidence:

This was after the balancing took place.

Now I'm at it I noticed sometimes the balancer does nothing when a player leaves the game, leaving one team with 2 players less then the other till someone actually joins.

WOooHOoo!! »\o\°\O/°/o/«

SysX

Re: Teambalancer weird way of balancing?

Post by SysX » Fri 16. Nov 2018, 16:46

Bump, imho we need some midgame balancing.
Far too often teams are uneven in numbers or just very one sided, at this point the balancer has become a meme :>
WOooHOoo!! »\o\°\O/°/o/«

Miauz55555

Post by Miauz55555 » Fri 16. Nov 2018, 20:15

Never noticed your post. :shock:
We may can activate the midgame balance from EvenMatch? Or the command to manual push a balance check bye the players?
https://github.com/TheRealWormbo/EvenMa ... /README.md

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Post by EmanReleipS » Fri 16. Nov 2018, 20:42

Looking at the balancer's configuration, I think "bIgnoreBotsForTeamSize=False" is the problem. I will try setting that to True and see if that helps.

SysX

Post by SysX » Fri 16. Nov 2018, 22:02

ty :)
WOooHOoo!! »\o\°\O/°/o/«

EmanReleipS
Administrator

Post by EmanReleipS » Sat 17. Nov 2018, 09:34

Alright, I changed that setting and also decreased the delay for the balancer by 10 seconds. Let me know how it goes. :)

[P]etya
Description: someone

Post by [P]etya » Sat 17. Nov 2018, 11:13

While I'm not aware how this current teambalancer works, but I remember there used to be a problem, that the balancer moved the best player from one team to another and it caused a real strong shift in team power (usually the loser team becoming the more powerful and made a ridiculous comeback). Just asking whether this Teambalancer weighs the individual player 'Elo' and the team's avg 'Elo'.

Miauz55555

Post by Miauz55555 » Sat 17. Nov 2018, 11:41

[P]etya wrote:While I'm not aware how this current teambalancer works, but I remember there used to be a problem, that the balancer moved the best player from one team to another and it caused a real strong shift in team power (usually the loser team becoming the more powerful and made a ridiculous comeback). Just asking whether this Teambalancer weighs the individual player 'Elo' and the team's avg 'Elo'.
It's using the average PPH which it stores in it's own "database/file". May the "DeletePlayerPPHAfterDaysNotSeen" was to low for midgame balance.
When you look at the readme I linked above, you can also see that there is an option for "ValuablePlayerRankingPct" where the default 50% is may to high.

SysX

Post by SysX » Wed 3. Apr 2019, 20:19

Bump!

Seems the balancer does switch players from time to time, the only thing that persist is that once the bot count gets uneven it does nothing... so one team can have 3 bots and the other 0.
Even switching doesn't seem to solve the issue completely, you have to go into spectate and join again to get the bots sorted out properly and have balanced teams... or when other ppl join the server.
WOooHOoo!! »\o\°\O/°/o/«

EmanReleipS
Administrator

Post by EmanReleipS » Wed 3. Apr 2019, 21:35

Yeah, I have led my all-bot army to victory against 3 human players before (years ago, actually). :lol:

I'm not sure how/if it can be changed to also count bots as things that need to be "distributed evenly".