"Pro's vs Joes" fun match

UT2004 related discussions
joeblow
Description: male gamer

Post by joeblow » Fri 8. Nov 2019, 09:20

http://stats.ceonss.net/matchstats.php?match=15134

Seems the Sunday afternoon ,evening matches can be quite competitive especially on Stonewall!

THE PROS: Salko. E bola. Swampca! all on one team with newer but ferocious players ASD and Tarzan. Whadda team stack! it made me want to log in and out until I got on there team....but I didnt :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

The Joes: had Furn and Quadria for there side and of course yours truely taking up the middle slot of the team. Secret tip the closer old Joe gets to the middle of the team rank the more chance of winning. I was actually ranked! 254th that fateful day.

Fun times were had by all and sadly I did not get my ONE E bola kill per match.

Miauz55555

Post by Miauz55555 » Fri 8. Nov 2019, 21:28

From the numbers that match looks pretty even. And the team you was on won that match. Nearly a full server with 31 players.

joeblow

Post by joeblow » Fri 8. Nov 2019, 21:55

joeblow

Post by joeblow » Fri 8. Nov 2019, 22:01

Miauz

Different look at it: The red team has 3 players in the top ten ranking. Quad on the blue team is the only one in the top 30. thats using your own CEONSS stat server.

I do agree that having Thundercat on our team enhanced the "look" of the team. He is a hottie.

I can add in the rankings of each player if you want but the rankings move by the hour so it would not be accurate to this map at this time.

widurr

Post by widurr » Sat 9. Nov 2019, 02:57

Joe, I'm glad you make use of the statistics, but you shouldn't pay too much attention to the ranking part. It's pretty easy to drop from the highest places - just few rounds when you weren't playing the whole round, and so achieved lower score than normally should, whether that may be because you joined late, you were disconnected, game crashed, etc. It's not necessarily that people in top of the ranking are much better, it's they are consistent in matches they are playing.
Furthermore, with this number of players, one or two top players in a team aren't really gamechangers. It would be a different story if that match was 5v5 or 6v6, but not really this number.
Lastly, since your team won it's kind of obvious you were on a better team. Besides, just look at the scoreboard you pasted, pretty much all players from blue team had higher scores than their corresponding red player.
But if you want to feel like an underdog who finally won, well be my guest :) Just don't take it against me if I won't share your point of view.

joeblow

Post by joeblow » Sat 9. Nov 2019, 07:23

Appreciate the comments.