Short video

UT2004 related discussions
aximon

Short video

Post by aximon » Mon 27. Jun 2011, 18:41

Short video showing a couple of random frags on vctf maps. Headshots only to be more specific. Hope you like.

http://youtu.be/njZHvgxk-9Q

Ps. How do I embed videos?

Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Re: Short video

Post by Pegasus » Mon 27. Jun 2011, 20:16

Hey, aximon, nice spectacle there! Don't exactly see how the (kinda overdone) on-rails, tilted RypelCam intro or the somber track you paired your action with fit with the overall tone and content of your vid, but otherwise the visual quality was above par: nice reso & fps, used filters delivered a crisp & vibrant look, although I found the custom text's font kinda unfitting and, if I'm honest, would probly have cared more for all the standard UT text to've been left in (at least the kill msges, if nothing else) instead of going for the more minimalistic approach you took. Still, it's a valid, defensible stylistic choice, so it's a cool 2min vid you got there (more would be even better). Finally, props for sharing the zooming action with the spectators, an element that some editors seem all to happy to omit (to elicit a sense of greater fragger "l33tness" in the viewers' mind no doubt) in their frag vids, much to my chagrin.

Umm, right, sorry for the analytical rant there - old habit from the days I was reviewing GTA stunt vids, you see :). Do keep making frag vids though, you certainly got the eye n' editing chops (and wealth of saved replays) for it!

aximon

Re: Short video

Post by aximon » Mon 27. Jun 2011, 23:10

Hehe, I didn’t expect to find a film critique here of all places ;). It’s not a full frag movie, so there wasn’t a need for it, but I appreciate your feedback. Yes, it was meant to be as minimalistic as possible. I first had the music track and built the rest around it. The intro was supposed to set the right mood, the stops to slow down the action and emphasize the music, and no kill messages in order that there was nothing to distract the viewer. I didn’t use any filter -- except the Gaussian blur for the intro. Thanks for your review :)