in-game player ID

UT2004 related discussions
widurr

in-game player ID

Postby widurr » Mon 19. Jun 2017, 08:48

Does anyone know where the player ID and password is being kept (or/and how to migrate, backup it)? Say if I wanted to do a clean install of UT2k4 on different PC but retain my epicgames player ID.

Sernemissza
Description: I'll swallow your soul!

in-game player ID

Postby Sernemissza » Mon 19. Jun 2017, 09:57

As far as i know there is two types of IDs, first one is generated from the game key, called unique ID and the second is the statistics ID.

Stats ID:
It's in the UT2004\User.ini as a plain text, in the section
[Engine.PlayerController]
such as
StatsUsername=
StatsPassword=

Default User.ini locations:
Windows, 32 bits:
C:\UT2004\System\User.ini
Linux:
/home/<USERNAME>/.ut2004/System/User.ini
It's case sensitive and begins with a dot, which means it's hidden.

Locating your Stats ID

Your stats ID is not the same as the "unique ID" that shows in your UT2004 network configuration. To find your stats go to the Players list on the stats page and enter your player name (or part of it) in the name search field. Your player name is the name you have configured in the Player settings of UT2004, not your stats name. Your player name on the stats site is always set to the name used in the most recent match you played that was logged. Once you have found your player ID you can always find yourself with this number instead of by name.

Note: You will not appear in the stats until you have played in a match on a server that has stat tracking enabled.

Information about how the stats work

A server with stat tracking enabled will send information to the stats server about the game - each frag, score, etc. Once the game is completed the match is processed and posted on the stats pages. The best way to look up a recent match you played is either by your stats ID or the server ID. You can search for your user ID or the server ID by name. The user names used on the stats pages are based on the last player name you used in a match - your stats user name you entered in the networking settings is not displayed.

Bots are not logged, nor are any kills against them.
Matches with less than two player connects are not logged.

Game key under the fenestration is in the registry:
Regular:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technology\Installed Apps\UT2004
GOG:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Unreal Technology\Installed Apps\UT2004]

Linux:
/usr/local/games/ut2004/System/cdkey
It's case sensitive and has no extension.

Miauz55555

in-game player ID

Postby Miauz55555 » Mon 19. Jun 2017, 10:53

That's a perfect answere. :thumbup:

widurr

Re: in-game player ID

Postby widurr » Mon 19. Jun 2017, 16:48

Thanks for the answer Sernemissza. So it's really up to copying the stats username and password from user.ini and it will resolve to the same numeric ID on epicgames stat page? I kind of fail to see where the translation from the username to numeric ID happens.

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Mon 19. Jun 2017, 17:11

Stats username and password are saved on the servers from Epic. The combination of the two are creating the ID. Btw. you just need to copie all UT-files to a new system, exporting the registry and importing it on the new system, than maybe change the path there.

Cat1981England

in-game player ID

Postby Cat1981England » Mon 19. Jun 2017, 19:53

I've never looked into this, but as i understand it, if you use the same Username and Password as you do now, your Epic ID should remain the same after you reinstall.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

widurr

Postby widurr » Mon 19. Jun 2017, 21:17

thanks everyone. I'm not planning on reinstalling, but at least I know what to back up now, just in case :)

SysX

in-game player ID

Postby SysX » Mon 19. Jun 2017, 21:53

I would save UT2004.ini and USER.ini if I were you :p
Commercialized Killer!!!

N4rkoT1k
Description: Lovin UT2004

in-game player ID

Postby N4rkoT1k » Tue 20. Jun 2017, 08:08

SysX wrote:I would save UT2004.ini and USER.ini if I were you :p

This!
Always backup these files separately!!

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Tue 20. Jun 2017, 12:11

Yes and maybe keep an backup file with another name in ur UT-folder anyway. If it chrashes in a bad way they will appear empty. Sure there are the default one which will create new if u delete them, but then you settings are lost.

Return to “General”