text info in game

UT2004 related discussions
Xac
Description: keeping it UNreal since 2004

text info in game

Postby Xac » Thu 30. Aug 2018, 20:49

A little while back, game info text started appearing in game. Am I the only one who finds it annoying and intrusive? Can we turn it off again? :)
Play it safe, do what Droopy says..."Always double tap!"

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Re: text info in game

Postby EmanReleipS » Thu 30. Aug 2018, 22:53

We turned it on because a lot of our players don't bother going to the forum to read the rules and it's an easy way for us to reach them all.

loucast

Postby loucast » Fri 31. Aug 2018, 12:04

I keep getting these sexting messages and illicit offers in the middle of the screen from time to time. Is it a bug?

Xac
Description: keeping it UNreal since 2004

text info in game

Postby Xac » Tue 4. Sep 2018, 14:09

loucast wrote:I keep getting these sexting messages and illicit offers in the middle of the screen from time to time. Is it a bug?

What have you signed up to Lou? :lol:

EmanReleipS wrote:We turned it on because a lot of our players don't bother going to the forum to read the rules and it's an easy way for us to reach them all.

If we have to have them, can we change them to be more informative and less annoying? For example, can we delete those that say press key... for such and such? Most people have customised their keys, so such comments are pointless. Then there's the one about cheating. Can we change that to "Cheating will not be tolerated on this server"? The current comment gives the impression some omniscient admin will somehow prevent cheating from happening. :D
Last edited by Xac on Tue 4. Sep 2018, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.
Play it safe, do what Droopy says..."Always double tap!"

Hyden
Description: Eastern Coast Canadian, gamer

Postby Hyden » Tue 4. Sep 2018, 18:06

Personally I find that after you’ve seen the for a while selective attention kicks in and your barely notice them, even that link for the naked Trump pix.

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

text info in game

Postby EmanReleipS » Wed 5. Sep 2018, 07:09

Xac wrote:
EmanReleipS wrote:We turned it on because a lot of our players don't bother going to the forum to read the rules and it's an easy way for us to reach them all.

If we have to have them, can we change them to be more informative and less annoying? For example, can we delete those that say press key... for such and such? Most people have customised their keys, so such comments are pointless. Then there's the one about cheating. Can we change that to "Cheating will not be tolerated on this server"? The current comment gives the impression some omniscient admin will somehow prevent cheating from happening. :D

I have deleted the "Press t to chat" one. I don't see the problem with the sentence "Cheating is not allowed here."

Return to “General”