Uncap online fps, forced default models and pipedweaponbinds

UT2004 related discussions
SysX

Uncap online fps, forced default models and pipedweaponbinds

Postby SysX » Thu 15. Nov 2018, 12:08

Since we have some new players on the server and this info is probably buried somewhere in one of the many topics on this forum, I decided to make a single topic out of it.

Uncapping the online fps:

Open the ut2004.ini and go to [Engine.LevelInfo] and then find this line 'MaxClientFrameRate=85', these are the default settings.
Change the value of the MaxClientFrameRate to let's say 150 which will net out around 144 fps ingame.

Example:

Code: Select all

[Engine.LevelInfo]
MaxClientFrameRate=150.0

You can play around with the MaxClientFrameRate (I have a 144hz screen), If you have a 120hz screen I would use a lower value.

Now we need to set up a keybind and change the netspeed in the user.ini, seems some servers use a higher netspeed that won't need you to use your keybind to uncap fps.

Open the user.ini and go to [Engine.Player] and find this line 'ConfiguredInternetSpeed='.
Change the value of the ConfiguredInternetSpeed to 10001.

Example:

[Engine.Player]
ConfiguredInternetSpeed=10001

Now let us set up a keybind, open the user.ini and go to [Engine.Input] and find a key you want to use and add 'Netspeed 10001' behind it.
I have mine set up on numpad 4.

Example:

[Engine.Input]
Numpad4=Netspeed 10001

Now you are done, use this keybind every time a new map starts or when you join the server.
If you want a more in depth explanation: http://unrealnorth.com/forums/topic/ut2 ... ngs-guide/

Forcing default models:

This tweak will change/force all the player skins to one male and female skin, like Gorge and Rylisa for example.

Open the ut2004.ini and go to [UnrealGame.DeathMatch] and find or add these 2 lines 'bAllowPlayerLights=, bForceDefaultCharacter='
Change both values to true.

Example:

[UnrealGame.DeathMatch]
bAllowPlayerLights=True
bForceDefaultCharacter=True

Now open the user.ini and go to [XGame.xPawn] or [UnrealGame.UnrealPawn] (both are the same thing), and find or add these 2 lines PlacedCharacterName=,PlacedFemaleCharacterName=' and change the values like in the example.

Example:

[UnrealGame.UnrealPawn]
PlacedCharacterName=Gorge
PlacedFemaleCharacterName=Rylisa

Now the last thing you need to do is change you character to Gorge or Rylisa, open the user.ini and go to [DefaultPlayer] and then find the line 'Character=' and change the value to either Gorge or Rylisa.

Example:

[DefaultPlayer]
Character=Gorge

Pipedswitchweapon binds:

With this tweak you can bind 2 weapons on one keybind and effectivly switch faster between your weapons while making nice combo's in between.

Open the user.ini and go to [Engine.Input] and look for the key's you want to use to bind your weapons on, you can have mousebuttons binded too.
I'm going to give one example like binding shock rifle and link gun to one key and I will add a list with all the weapon numbers.

Example:

[Engine.Input]
Mouse5=pipedswitchweapon 4|pipedswitchweapon 5

It will always pick up the first weapon in line, so when I use this keybind I get shock rifle first then after a second click the link gun.
On the same note, if I have my shock rifle allready pulled up and then use this keybind, it will switch to the link gun instead.

Weapon numbers:

1 Shieldgun
2 Asault Rifle
3 Bio Rifle / Spider Mines
4 ASMD
5 Link Gun
6 Mini Gun
7 Flak / Grenade Launcher
8 Rocket Launcher / Avril
9 Lightning gun / Sniper Rifle
10 Translocator

I hope the format is clear for everyone, these are some of my tweaks I am using myself.
Hf on the battlefield!
WOooHOoo!! »\o\°\O/°/o/«

Return to “General”