Photos fixes

UT2004 related discussions
Romulus

Photos fixes

Post by Romulus »

Helló!
Szeretném bemutatni néhány munkámat, amit a GameTracker térképekhez szoktam készíteni, illetve feltölteni a legtöbbet a CEONSS szerver számára.
a képeket színjavítom , és élesítem! ezután töltöm fel őket.
az onslaught térképeket kifejezetten a CEONSS szervernek készítem, hogy minél több térképet felismerjenek a játékosok a jelenlegi térképről amit a GameTracker mutat éppen a szerverhez.

I would like to present some of my work that I tend to do for GameTracker maps and upload the most for the CEONSS server.I color-correct the images and sharpen them! then I upload them.
I create onslaught maps specifically for the CEONSS server so that players can recognize as many maps as possible from the current map that GameTracker is showing to the server.

ONS-Shyron-SP1

ONS-NMP2-PanaleshSE-C-fix

még több onslaught képeket fogok készíteni.
i will take more onslaught pictures.

A többi térképalkotásom.
My other map creations

A képeket segít az ikertestvérem (JL játékos) lefötózni így könnyebb a munka.
Some of the maps are photographed by my twin brother (JL player) and I sharpen and color correct them.

Sorry if translation is a bit inaccurate.

CTF-FaceClassic
AS-Aarjskaw
AS-ABP-Protocore-v2
AS-BP2-Outback
AS-RobotFactory
Last edited by Romulus on Tue 26. Oct 2021, 08:26, edited 4 times in total.
Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Photos fixes

Post by Pegasus »

You know, I'm sure all the server staff and other contributors, past and present alike, who went into the trouble of getting representative and decent enough pictures of their own edits to upload to GameTracker based on evolving standards and processes, such as:

- maintain 4:3 aspect ratio by cropping the sides of your manual resolution shot while keeping the most interesting features in the frame
- ensure that at least multiple objective locations or landmarks of importance are included in the shot, while avoiding focus on emitters
- try to also highlight differences between current and previous edit, if applicable
- use UEd or the editactor command to manually move back a ZoneInfo's fog distance end a bit, if necessary, to achieve the previous goals
- exclude players, bots, vehicles and/or GUI elements (e.g. health bars, radar, FP gun) from shots via speccing & togglescreenshotmode command
- manually downres pic in image editing software to 400x300, sharpen result as necessary to ensure notable details survive GT.com's downsizing to 160x120, save in .png before uploading

...will be positively thrilled that you unilaterally decided to override their work and replace already existing map images with your own rather than, say, tackling GT.com map entries with missing preview pictures, just because you discovered how to push the saturation slider to max setting in your image editing software and thereby proclaimed yourself a pro at this, ready to do photos "fixes" :roll:. Believe it or not, some of us have been doing this for years and actually know our way around it just fine.

Seriously, next time you have similar ideas that might affect/annul others' prior work, it wouldn't hurt to first check with someone more experienced among the staff and/or ask for permission before stepping on other people's toes. Your overriding GameTracker.com preview map images for maps that have already been given one are not helpful.

PS: This thread's subject matter is not suited for the Off Topic section. Edit: moved.
Eyes in the skies.
Romulus

Photos fixes

Post by Romulus »

Kérlek a primitív véleményedet tarts meg magadnak!! sokat dolgoztam a képeken! élesítettem is őket ha nem vennéd észre! kérlek ne posztolj az én bejegyzéseimhez! tartsd meg magadnak a " munkáidat " és a véleményedet! ezentúl nem fogok reagálni a megjegyzéseidhez , elég sértően tudsz másoknak válaszolni....!
remélem látod a különbséget nagyokos. évekig folytattad? akkor gyakorold még egy kicsit....

Last edited by Romulus on Wed 25. Aug 2021, 08:19, edited 1 time in total.
Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Photos fixes

Post by Pegasus »

Romulus wrote: Thu 19. Aug 2021, 11:50 Kérlek a primitív véleményedet tarts meg magadnak!! sokat dolgoztam a képeken! élesítettem is őket ha nem vennéd észre! kérlek ne posztolj az én bejegyzéseimhez! tartsd meg magadnak a " munkáidat " és a véleményedet! ezentúl nem fogok reagálni a megjegyzéseidhez , elég sértően tudsz másoknak válaszolni....!
remélem látod a különbséget nagyokos. évekig folytattad? akkor gyakorold még egy kicsit....
[,,,]

---- TRANSLATION ---

Please keep your primitive opinion for yourself !! I worked a lot on the pictures! I also armed them if you didn't notice! please do not post to my posts! keep your "works" and your opinion to yourself! from now on I will not respond to your comments, you can reply to others quite offensively ....!
hope you see the difference big . did you continue for years? then practice a little more ....

I suggest you start writing exclusively in English from here on out and think on your next move very carefully, if you don't want it to be your last here. You've been now officially instructed and warned by a msg. board mod.

Edited to add: any further replacements of existing CEONSS map edits' GT.com preview pics will be considered as vandalism of server resources.
Eyes in the skies.
Romulus

Photos fixes

Post by Romulus »

@EmanReleipS
Figyelmen kívül hagyva a negatív véleményeket, folytatom tovább, még több képernyőkép.
I do not speak English, sorry, I try to write using a translator, but sometimes it is inaccurate.

ONS-ArcticStronghold-T32-2019CAE
ONS-IMPULZE-V4-M5C
Last edited by Romulus on Wed 25. Aug 2021, 08:20, edited 1 time in total.
EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Photos fixes

Post by EmanReleipS »

Alright, that is enough. Please both calm down and keep this discussion civil.

Romulus, please upload photos only for maps that don't have any photos yet. That way, you don't run the risk of offending anyone if you overwrite their work.
I agree with Peg that it would be good to remove the HUD elements (the minimap is very noticeable).

Peg, it is obvious that Romulus wants to contribute to our server and community. You bring up good points, but it would be more helpful to phrase them constructively, so he will take them to heart instead of turning defensive.