bad news from the ut community

UT2004 related discussions
Stinger
Description: UK player

bad news from the ut community

Postby Stinger » Wed 22. Feb 2012, 22:53

Today part of our unreal 2004 community was destroyed

iTS clan, the largest in Europe was forced to close down its 18 public servers after repeated and sustained hacking attacks,
designed to bring down the servers or the network, leaving hundreds of members and players devastated by the news

http://www.its-hq.com/index.html

The single Canadian hacker behind all this is known as “xdemic”
Aka: demic / xdmc / [XLC]xdemic / exdMc / xd3m1c

His network info,
IP address: 174.1.136.41
Host name: s0106602ad06f6d53.vf.shawcable.net
IP Location: CANADA BRITISH COLUMBIA MAPLE RIDGE

His Ban Avoidance methods: constantly changes GUID & spoofs IP
He has a modified UT2004 client returning a linux platform to the game server

Just one of the annoyance hacks http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3085469/xdemic.png

And another http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3085469/xdemic%20servername%20hack%202.jpg

R.I.P. [iTS] :(

And hi to all at ceons from me, excuse me for not being in a more happy mood right now

7homasito
Description: Cover your heads!

Re: bad news from the ut community

Postby 7homasito » Thu 23. Feb 2012, 00:03

that's sad indeed! there are some good iTS-people out there. hope they find a new common home.

I came across xdemic once on a TAM-server of iTS, he had hax like I've never seen before. it wasnt the usual aimbot-stuff - he could kill anyone on the map either all at once or one after another without shooting his weapon, he rejoined with the same nick within seconds after being kicked, banned and muted and even alter the abilites (e.g. projecticles) of players' weapons. serious stuff, I hope this psychopath will get what he deserves. :pop:

EDIT: wow I just combed through the posts and got a know Friskie a.k.a. Ariel was part of all this hacker shit? sad loners. he apparently plays on some other servers too, so beware and keep your eyes open.
7/~ Image

laboRHEinz
Administrator
Description: Old Fart

Postby laboRHEinz » Thu 23. Feb 2012, 11:53

Indeed, very bad news! Feeling sorry for you, this could happen to all servers :?

The iTS-site isn't available at the moment - is it shut down already or is this guy running a DoS-attack?

Stinger
Description: UK player

Postby Stinger » Thu 23. Feb 2012, 13:16

Hi Heinz

I understand the site was closed down due to the way the forum had degenerated into a trolling slagging match,
it had been the intention to leave it running for a few more days

As you say not good news at all, for any of us regardless of where we play, this was a highly organised attack,
which did get some help from rogue insiders, as 7homasito says in his edit above

:|

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Postby Zon3r » Fri 24. Feb 2012, 12:05

Well..... i'm sorry for Push, he was really trying, tho some clan members were....um, you know. as for xdemic, i dont understand why would he do this, not by himself, thats for sure. could have done this long ago. yes he was a bit annoying, but more funny. like when i started shooting tank shells from instagib, in one ictf match. i think, closing down is a bit too much, he would lose interest after some time

elect
Description: Srly? Are u kidding me?

Postby elect » Fri 24. Feb 2012, 15:41

xdemic
Description: I'm not so bad.

Postby xdemic » Thu 1. Mar 2012, 09:46

xdemic's redemption.

Recently some information and accusations have been created & spread by a misleading and truth-stretching server administrator known as "push".

Many acts I've been accused of towards clan [iTS] and their server park are simply invalid.

I'm going to start with detailing how I originally met "push".

[iTS]Push, ex-leader of the recently deceased immortal till sunrise, hosted several servers in Europe.

He wanted his precious [iTS] to be the most popular, and kept many "server-secrets" and even exploit patches to himself.
He did this too greater increase his server popularity and superiority over others.

in 2010 I hosted a UT2004 Demo server. My server was hacked or modified to allow server-side mutators, server actors, and map voting.
It also had patched various public crash and cheat expliots. Before my server was hosted, Push and his [iTS] were the
only others that had completed these (simple) modifications.

When other server hosters from the dwindling community asked push for help doing these special modifications, he was rather rude, bragging they were custom and insisting it was VERY difficult to implement.

When my server opened with what he thought were "his" precious (and easy) secrets HE contacted ME. He sent me emails asking me
to PLEASE not share my work with others as we want our servers to be "special" (exact word).

He also prompted on adding me too the [iTS] coding team, setting me up an IRC bnc so we could keep in contact.

He was mislead to believe that because I did some scripting help for him that we had some sort of "agreement" in which I wouldn't
help other people with their servers. There was no such agreement.

so I had some friends ask me for some help to edit their DEMO ut2004 servers, unlike push I was willing to help them patch exploits and add fun mods.
In fact one of my friends even gave me a voluntary donation because I put alot of work and time into helping him with his game server.

This is where the relationship between me and Paul, aka [iTS]Push, Went from deecent to terrible.

Immediately after push found out that I helped somebody else with their demo server, he removed my IRC bnc, sent me angry emails
, and even found out about the donation my friend had given me and claimed I was "selling unreal script" and hinted that I would be reported to
epic games and face trouble with the law.

That is why I don't like the guy, so I will admit doing some minor annoyances using unrealscript exploits to bug him.

I will list them here:

1 evading bans

2 cheating occasionally within iTS servers

3 Editing server message once.

4 Renaming server name once.

5 Exploiting Mods and Mutators.

None of this I did excessively, infact most of it only once in a period of about 2 weeks.
Yeah most people won't agree with this but I've been accused of some other stuff that I consider wrong / worse and that is why I'm posting.

What I DIDN'T DO:

"Major DDOS Attacks lasting for months"

"Server exploits to crash iTS servers"

"spend every minute awake trying to destroy them"

"repeated and sustained hacking attacks, designed to bring down the servers or the network"

those accusations are ridiculous and untrue. And there is no evidence to suggest I did anything of the such too any [iTS] server.

I wasn't on some revenge fueled mission to destroy his stupid clan like this guy claims.

Also this stinger claiming "this is was a highly organized attack", come on man, do you really believe the shit you are preaching?
this isn't the matrix or some war movie, i think you watch too much TV?
stop talking out your ass plz.

These absurd accusations have prompted many who I've never met to hate, insult, and even plot too attack me.

This my "OFFICIAL" post to clear things up ( a little bit ) with the UT2004 community, please don't listen too this idiotic administrator with a god-complex.
Last edited by xdemic on Mon 5. Mar 2012, 03:26, edited 1 time in total.

Zon3r

Postby Zon3r » Thu 1. Mar 2012, 21:27

But with your "annoyance" u wasnt attacking push, but players, playing on his servers, have u thought about that? i guess not.

Izumo_CZ
Description: LDG Retired Admin

Postby Izumo_CZ » Sat 3. Mar 2012, 16:53

I rahter find what xDemic says more truthtelling than what push wrote on iTS forums.

Zon3r

Postby Zon3r » Sat 3. Mar 2012, 17:08

Izumo_CZ wrote:I rahter find what xDemic says more truthtelling than what push wrote on iTS forums.

it doesn't matter what any of them says, ALOT of players were left without a server, cause u must admit, iTS had quite a few servers for all gametypes, then comes someone without a real life and destroys everything, probably getting a hard on from crashing servers. people like him are like cancer on this world, destroying what others have worked for

Return to “General”