New UT will be free and built from scratch

UT2004 related discussions
EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Re: New UT will be free and built from scratch

Post by EmanReleipS » Mon 2. Jun 2014, 20:13

I can only agree with you, Petty. But at any rate, don't be shy about saying your opinion! :)

The huge blast radius of the shock is really annoying and gets me absolutely every time. Seriously, making the blast radius a little bit smaller would be great. In my opinion the shock is a tad overpowered right now.

The minigun is usually not a horrible problem unless you fight four nubs who all spray across the map at you....then it is hell! In fact, compared to other weapons it takes rather long to kill someone with only the minigun if they have full hp. So I think it's not that bad.

Flak gun is perfectly fine as it is, I think. It can be really powerful at close range, but the fact that it sprays too much to the sides at longer distances and thereby isn't that effective anymore prevents it from being overpowered. Extending the range could make the flak too overpowered. If they are serious about extending the range, I hope that they will do lots of tests to see how this will go over.

And I have no idea what a ripper is, but let's only give Cat a spoon as a weapon.
NEW IP:

[P]etya

Post by [P]etya » Mon 2. Jun 2014, 21:04

And the problem with the Shock Combo, I forgot to add this, is that even if it scratches the player, it may hurt quite well.

The Ripper was a weapon in UT99. It shot blades. It's normal attack was shooting blades, which could ricochet off 6 times before disappearing. It was cool, because you could make headshots with it, but technically it wasn't that useful as many ppl said, although depends on the player, I found it useful. It's secondary attack was shooting an exploding blade. Obviously this did a bigger damage.

http://cdn2.gamefront.com/wp-content/up ... Ripper.jpg

Ten
Description: I love VW mk1 golfs

Post by Ten » Mon 2. Jun 2014, 22:11

Droopy_Bollocks wrote:

But with some of the best UT talent here on CEONSS (Wormbo, Peg, Labor et al) make sure you dangerously talented ones get involved, don't sit back and wait for failure, get your voice heard.

Wormbo & Peg especially, Peg you're a great analyst and tactician, you know what makes for good maps and gameplay so make sure your thoughts get heard on the new forum...

And this could be Heinz's new job, head of New-UT server design and management, they need an experienced man up there! ;-)

db

Ten
Description: I love VW mk1 golfs

Post by Ten » Mon 2. Jun 2014, 22:12

well i must say im pleased and pretty excited about this! i mean these guys have decided to make a new UT, after the poor making UT3 they must be feeling the power from 2004 and earlier versions. lets just hope they do a good job.

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Post by Zon3r » Mon 2. Jun 2014, 23:28

EmanReleipS wrote:I can only agree with you, Petty. But at any rate, don't be shy about saying your opinion! :)

The huge blast radius of the shock is really annoying and gets me absolutely every time. Seriously, making the blast radius a little bit smaller would be great. In my opinion the shock is a tad overpowered right now.

The minigun is usually not a horrible problem unless you fight four nubs who all spray across the map at you....then it is hell! In fact, compared to other weapons it takes rather long to kill someone with only the minigun if they have full hp. So I think it's not that bad.

Flak gun is perfectly fine as it is, I think. It can be really powerful at close range, but the fact that it sprays too much to the sides at longer distances and thereby isn't that effective anymore prevents it from being overpowered. Extending the range could make the flak too overpowered. If they are serious about extending the range, I hope that they will do lots of tests to see how this will go over.

And I have no idea what a ripper is, but let's only give Cat a spoon as a weapon.
Shock combo is good as it it, it requires skill(especially when im against a skilled player and need to do dodge-comboes or i'll get killed) unlike the flak when i get killed by it cause some nub is spamming with it from the other side of the map. minigun is.. well, meh. i would remove spider mines, since i never use them, and to make some "players" cry

Droopy_Bollocks
Description: Gets the job done quietly

Post by Droopy_Bollocks » Mon 2. Jun 2014, 23:43

I'd have to agree that the combo is a little too powerful but compared to the spamming players using minigun or flak all of the time simply because they either can't or can't be bothered to aim makes a bit of a mockery of gaining any skill in the first place.

Spider mines are just simply a spam weapon, if they HAVE to be kept in, reduce the impact and also give them a max time delay rather than until the player dies, that will maybe stop the node miners who simply load up an open node and walk away, then come back and do exactly the same again. purely to up their score.

I think there also has to be a few safeguards to be put in place to stop the macro boys using instant weapon swap and fire combinations, that gets really annoying after a while.

Apart from that the weapons aren't too bad, the biggest thing to do is to put the equivalent of AntiTCC in place from the beginning, watching some bonehead cheat his way through the game knowing he's unlikely to get caught when the majority are playing hard and fair is really galling to me.

DB
Don't bother asking - I won't answer.

Silence is a virtue, not a weakness

[P]etya

Post by [P]etya » Tue 3. Jun 2014, 12:32

Zon3r wrote: Shock combo is good as it it, it requires skill(especially when im against a skilled player and need to do dodge-comboes or i'll get killed) unlike the flak when i get killed by it cause some nub is spamming with it from the other side of the map. minigun is.. well, meh. i would remove spider mines, since i never use them, and to make some "players" cry
Stand combo players say hello. I have seen many good combos, which need skill, but most of the combo kills are done when the dear player is standing. Eventually he/she is vulnerable in that moment, but you may have to retreat, because of the radius and damage of the blast. And to disappoint you Shock Rifle can be even more spammy than minigun or flak and Shock Rifle can do rather awkward kills, such as pushing the target to his/her death and the shock cores are extremely annoying when spammed, because they block the LG's lighting bolt, the Flak's grenade, the Rocket Launcher's rockets, the Assault Rifle's grenades and so on. Because of these reasons I can't consider Shock Rifle a weapon, which needs lots of skill to make an efficient use of it. There are many good and spectacular combos, which need really need skill, but need luck to a degree.

Also aim=/=skill in my opinion. A player with not very good aim can be professional. I had a friend who made lots of kills using these weapons only: Shield Gun and Bio Rifle. Shield Gun needs lots of movement and lots of shield dodges which speed him up and made lots of awesome kills with it. As for Bio Rifle, it needs long time to get used to it's projectile. He could make bio kills from relatively big distance.

Spider Mines are really spammy weapons, although it can't store lots of ammo and it's rate of fire is also quite bad. The mines can be destroyed by enemy fire on the other hand.

s2ta
Description: I Love Unreal Tournament

Please for the love of UT2k4(Unreal Tournament Development)

Post by s2ta » Mon 23. Jun 2014, 07:54

Please contribute at this link
https://forums.unrealtournament.com/forum.php
This link is important because it is the new forums link where Unreal Tournament is being developed by the community.
I strongly feel our input is important because I see alot of new school Unreal Tournament fans from UT3 even Gears of War interjecting bad things to the developers of the next Unreal Tournament that UT2k4 fans would oppose. We need more of a presence at the link above. I Encourage your input and ask that you let yourself be heard.

Thank You.
Last edited by s2ta on Mon 23. Jun 2014, 09:02, edited 1 time in total.

[P]etya

Re: Please for the love of UT2k4(Unreal Tournament Development)

Post by [P]etya » Mon 23. Jun 2014, 08:07

I visit the forum, but mostly I check the Artwork section of the forum. :) Well I may have a look at the game designs and other threads, but I have to say that the best would be if the developers would base the game on UT99, because I think that was the best UT game so far (If only I had my copy). UT2004 has many balance issues in my opinion.

-FuNkY-MoNk-UK-

Re: Please for the love of UT2k4(Unreal Tournament Development)

Post by -FuNkY-MoNk-UK- » Mon 23. Jun 2014, 11:15

Thanks for bringing this to the attention of others. There's already a strong presence of UT2004 fans there, as well as other UT gamers and just general fans of EPIC. The community there's very split between fans of different UT games, and if you don't have a well presented, unbiased idea or proposal, your word won't get far. The problem is that fans want the new game to be just like other titles. An open development is great and is the best way to please everybody, but the way the community is at the moment is totally biased towards one UT game or another, and to me that's toxic towards development, but I'm sure EPIC can deal with it and it should all smooth out soon.

I came to the conclusion last week that we should embrace the new game for what is and not what it should be.