Druss' Top 10 Onslaught Tips

UT2004 related discussions
Degrek Phantoka
Description: The UT2004 not-so-n00b player

Druss' Top 10 Onslaught Tips

Post by Degrek Phantoka » Wed 30. Jul 2014, 14:13

Hey, I found this while looking for pictures of the Ballista.

They're pieces of advice written by a guy named Druss on the Omni forum. I think they could perfectly apply to CEONSS, specially in these times of camping and unbalanced teams. What do you think of it?

Karma_geddon
Description: from Italy

Re: Druss' Top 10 Onslaught Tips

Post by Karma_geddon » Wed 30. Jul 2014, 16:17

Seems almost all reasonable to me. Thanks for sharing.

Only the part about vandalising vehicles is a debated point, some kind of grey area in terms of sportsmanship.
It's definitely ok, almost mandatory actually, to vandalise vehicle when they could instantly threaten the team (like the tank in the middle of the map in the Slap maps and in Tyrant; or, the classic example is the tank on the hill in vanilla Torlan).
But usually it's not considered ok to vandalize vehicles at very distant nodes or at the enemy shielded base... Or at least, it's not considered ok to do it constantly.
It happens from time to time, I do it too sometimes (usually when I'm stuck on foot somewhere and there's nothing else of useful that I could do) but to do it constantly usually is considered pretty lame.

(at least, this is what I think that it's considered good/not good in this server; I might be wrong - other, more experienced, regular users could tell more)
You can find me on fb here, if you want: https://www.facebook.com/paolo.davolio.3

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Post by Zon3r » Wed 30. Jul 2014, 16:27

Use tip 9. and you won't be too popular on the server. (even tho, there are two players who often do this)

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Post by EmanReleipS » Wed 30. Jul 2014, 16:36

I would also say no to vandalizing vehicles. The other tips are fine and will be useful for new players. But Karma is right, vandalism of enemy vehicles is something of a gray zone. Vandalizing tanks close to the action is usually okay, but going out of your way to vandalize in the enemy base is poor sportsmanship in my eyes. As far as I know, it's not forbidden by our rules, but please don't do this. Essentially you should give the other team a fair chance and that includes not spawnkilling, letting enemies without weapons pick some up and not vandalizing. Esp if it's a map where you have no choice but to use vehicles, vandalizing the other team's vehicles is really lame.
NEW IP:

[P]etya

Post by [P]etya » Wed 30. Jul 2014, 17:50

There is another trick he forgot to mention: if you place a vehicle onto the spawning point of another vehicle, while it isn't there, the vehicle won't be able to respawn until the vehicle is gone.

These tips are good and probably well known by many players. Problem is that not many ppl like to cooperate and prefer doing everything alone.

-FuNkY-MoNk-UK-

Post by -FuNkY-MoNk-UK- » Wed 30. Jul 2014, 20:51

Some useful tips there, thanks :thumbup:. Vandalizing Vehicles isn't encouraged here though as others have pointed out. If you have any personal tips, there's this thread you can contribute towards.

Degrek Phantoka
Description: The UT2004 not-so-n00b player

Post by Degrek Phantoka » Thu 31. Jul 2014, 12:17

Yeah, vandalizing is pretty like the typical, infuriating thing that makes you leave the server in rage.

I must point out, btw, that some easy-to-achieve tips such as switching seats are rarely seen at CEONSS. This can be the difference between life and death when, for example, a Mino is being attacked by a Manta. If you think you can use Mino's cannon, which is awfully slow rotating, you're dead. The best thing you can do is switch to the turret and smash the Manta to pieces. Dunno, tell me if I have to buy a new pair of glasses, people :)