Streaming on Twitch

UT2004 related discussions
Steinein

Streaming on Twitch

Post by Steinein » Mon 8. Dec 2014, 18:39

Hey all,

So a while ago I got the humorous idea of trying to stream a few games of UT on the game streaming site Twitch (see if you don't know what it is).
What it basicly does is record my monitor and webcam (live) and people can look at how I play and what I scream when I get brutally murdered.

You might ask yourself who would be interested to see me play, and I agree, I'm not too sure either. But I hope some people see it pop up in the list and have a look at it to get some nostalgia feelings.
My goal is to get some people back to the game, that would be nice. Other than that, it's just one of those experiments of me (I was bored ;))

So why am I telling you this? Well since I pretty much only play on the CEONNS server, I'll be playing on there too when I'm streaming. I'll announce on the server when I'm going to start.
Other than that, you are more welcome to have a look and see me fail. Eventually I'll skype with some other players who would like that, and you'll be able to hear our banter too.

If you want to have a look:
I'll try to start for the first time tonight (22:00ish).

Stein

Cat1981England

Re: Streaming on Twitch

Post by Cat1981England » Mon 8. Dec 2014, 21:08

I think it's a good idea Stein :clap: There's nothing to lose and you've only got to get one person back into the game for it to be a success. Anyway, if nothing comes of it I will personally take great pleasure in hearing you scream :firedevil:
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

joeblow
Description: male gamer

Post by joeblow » Tue 9. Dec 2014, 16:36

Thanks! Great idea!

I have been wanting to do this for a while.

We actually watch gaming at working sometime on Twitch its actually more fun than you would think.

Whats your setup If I might ask. Thats been my big hurdle is I dont know how to set it up really.

Steinein

Post by Steinein » Tue 9. Dec 2014, 16:55

Thanks :). This covers most stuff to set up a basic stream Joe: http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/a ... r-software
Since UT2004 is a pretty old game it gave me some problems though, so some tweaking had to be done.

Next days I'm gonna experiment a bit with addons and layout. See if I can make it more interesting.
And i'm gonna use headphones next times, because when I watched back the stream it was echoing more than I thought :O + Skype with some other people should make it more fun to watch.

Btw: If anyone has any ideas on what I could or should do with the stream, let me know. I'd appreciate it :)

-FuNkY-MoNk-UK-

Post by -FuNkY-MoNk-UK- » Thu 11. Dec 2014, 00:03

Some feedback when using skype and streaming:

When using skype your voice echos and doubles with skype, like a delayed over lay of the two. The other peoples voices do not do this, and when not using skype it's fine. I'm not familiar with streaming so i have no proven solution, but maybe there's something you can turn off for hearing your own voice through your mic, might work. Could be that it's recording your mic but also recording your voice in the headphones.
Last edited by -FuNkY-MoNk-UK- on Thu 11. Dec 2014, 01:47, edited 1 time in total.

Steinein

Post by Steinein » Thu 11. Dec 2014, 00:51

Hey Funky,

Thanks for mentioning it. It's pretty hard for me to see how the sound and video is whilst im playing.
I'll try to fix it tomorrow.

Stein

joeblow

Post by joeblow » Thu 11. Dec 2014, 16:39

your keyboard is LOUD!

:dancegal:

Steinein

Post by Steinein » Thu 11. Dec 2014, 17:25

joeblow wrote:your keyboard is LOUD! :dancegal:
Yep, I love it tho :P.
But to solve that on the stream i'll need to use a headset, which i have, but it is of bad quality (makes weird background noise).
But I'm gonna get a new one soon.

Thanks for mentioning these things guys.

joeblow

Post by joeblow » Thu 8. Jan 2015, 07:16