Does someone ever override Ut2004 fps online?

UT2004 related discussions
GLoups!
Description: Just play for fun.

Does someone ever override Ut2004 fps online?

Post by GLoups! » Mon 2. Mar 2015, 21:38

Everything is in the title, and here is the tuto : UT2004 Max FPS & Connection Settings Guide.
And here :Topic..
Some may say that it does not matter because the refresh rate of screens does not exceed a certain limit, but after trying the game run much more fluid without losing its quality of connection.
I recommend not to go too high if you do not want your graphics card Takeoff (aircraft noise), to me the limit is almost 140fps before the fan racing.
Shot00176.jpg
Shot00178.jpg
Only downside, you've to type in the console at the beginning of each match
Example : netspeed 15000
And set your parameter like this:
Sans titre 1.jpg
Perso i put keepalivetime=0.004 (default is .2)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

joeblow
Description: male gamer

Re: Does someone ever override Ut2004 fps online?

Post by joeblow » Tue 3. Mar 2015, 16:03

I think the server netspeed is set at 9000.

joeblow
Description: male gamer

Post by joeblow » Fri 14. Aug 2015, 05:23

Revisting this?

I can only seem to get 85 fps in game?

Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Post by Pegasus » Fri 14. Aug 2015, 16:14

Ingame framerate is entirely dependent on the client machine's CPU/GPU muscle, as well as its RAM capacity/speed attributes, with HDD speed coming in last and mostly affecting just the early part of your play session; what this means is, if a map - and the custom content it may include - is optimized well enough, machines of a wide hardware range should still manage to maintain a high enough framerate all around it to be considered acceptable by established PC FPS standards.
Meanwhile, even though netspeed can be client-side defined, all it does is shift the (preferred, suggested?) size cap a bit for transmitted packets between client and server, to the practical effect of slightly improved transmission efficiency and thus tickrate-based (and circumstance-based too, kinda) fluidity. As I understand it, meaningful impact from netspeed adjustments also depends on the characteristics of the principal network a session is played over, so, for example, bumping it up when connected over a more strictly MTU-sized xDSL connection might not work as well as doing the same for LAN games over 100/1000Mbps CAT5e's, although the opposite might prove more helpful.

To answer Joe's question more directly here though, getting an 85fps experience from playing in a map - which isn't exactly bad, to be frank - has more to do with how well the mapper made it and how beefed up the machine it's played on is than what your current netspeed is set to. The hardware you can do something about; with the other part, however, you can only report optimization issues and hope for a fix later on.
Eyes in the skies.