How to run on the wall with wheeled vehicles !

UT2004 related discussions
s°rcery
Description: I'm a witch, not a bitch.

How to run on the wall with wheeled vehicles !

Post by s°rcery » Tue 9. Jun 2015, 13:27

Many players are wondering how to roll on the walls with some wheeled vehicles (Hellbender, Badger, Scorpion, etc) to reach an upper part of the map, here is the astuteness:

Simply in 3 quick actions (all buttons are defined by default):
  • A/ Crouch & run (on the ground) [Press "Shift" and "Z" ]
    B/ Jump (arched backwards ) [always "Z" button pressed: now release "Shift" & press "Spacebar"]
    C/ Crouch (magnetize the wall)[always "Z" button pressed (or not): now release "Spacebar" & press "Shift"]

In details:
- On the ground: taking enough distance (of at least the size of a vehicle) relative to the forward wall; preparing the jump: press "crouch" to lower the vehicle, then move towards to the wall; jump: at a distance of a half-vehicle: release the "crouch" and press "space" to make one jump-arched backwards; finaly magnetize: the vehicle -in vertical position at present wheel on the wall- release the "space" & magnetize the wall with "crouch" and run!

Now: your turn to understand how to access a horizontal surface :}

Note: it's impossible to magnetize ceilings (the véhiciles are too heavy).

I hope this topic help somebody, demand me here if U've any question :) with practice, anyone can get there ;)
Sorry I don't speak English (really I speak "FPS-english") but since Translate-Google, I'm multilingual :P (joke) !

Maniac
Description: Ain't no rest for the wicked

Re: How to run on the wall with wheeled vehicles !

Post by Maniac » Tue 9. Jun 2015, 15:53

Thanks for the post, it would be helpful for many players! Ema was mocking you yesterday about me not knowing how to climb the walls - I know it, I am just not very good at doing it :).

A little technique notice: I prefer to jump on the wall backwards, because both Scorpion and Hellbender have rear wheels closer to the end of the vehicle than front wheels. I can't say for sure this way is better, but at least it worth trying.

salko
Description: defender

Post by salko » Tue 9. Jun 2015, 16:21

Ehm.... not working in Mino :D

joeblow
Description: male gamer

Post by joeblow » Tue 9. Jun 2015, 21:14

s°rcery wrote:Many players are wondering how to roll on the walls with some wheeled vehicles (Hellbender, Badger, Scorpion, etc) to reach an upper part of the map, here is the astuteness:

Simply in 3 quick actions (all buttons are defined by default):
  • A/ Crouch & run (on the ground) [Press "Shift" and "Z" ]
    B/ Jump (arched backwards ) [always "Z" button pressed: now release "Shift" & press "Spacebar"]
    C/ Crouch (magnetize the wall)[always "Z" button pressed (or not): now release "Spacebar" & press "Shift"]

In details:
- On the ground: taking enough distance (of at least the size of a vehicle) relative to the forward wall; preparing the jump: press "crouch" to lower the vehicle, then move towards to the wall; jump: at a distance of a half-vehicle: release the "crouch" and press "space" to make one jump-arched backwards; finaly magnetize: the vehicle -in vertical position at present wheel on the wall- release the "space" & magnetize the wall with "crouch" and run!

Now: your turn to understand how to access a horizontal surface :}

Note: it's impossible to magnetize ceilings (the véhiciles are too heavy).

I hope this topic help somebody, demand me here if U've any question :) with practice, anyone can get there ;)
You are a damn PRO!

Maniac

Post by Maniac » Tue 9. Jun 2015, 21:29

salko wrote:Ehm.... not working in Mino :D
Yeah, because only wheeled vehicles can do stunts, and Mino is based on the Goli, and via the editor properties, Goli is... ba-dum tss!.. a HOVER vehicle, just like manta ;)

It's possible to do it with Paladin and Leviathan, though... in theory.

Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Post by Pegasus » Tue 9. Jun 2015, 21:49

Finally, a good excuse legitimate opportunity to display this old specimen of my offline sneakiness-optimizing research :)!

"Soon."

To add something a bit more useful to the discussion though, Mani is right in that vehicular steep surface climbing is something the Stunt Mutator only makes possible for wheeled vehicles (when the crouch key is held down), and that excludes tanks, mantas and anything else deriving from their class hierarchies. When it comes to vertical wall climbing, however, much like an obese guy in an army obstacle course, even though the levi is part of the special club, it just doesn't have the muscle to make it, as (somewhat embarrassing) empirical evidence demonstrates.
Eyes in the skies.

s°rcery

Post by s°rcery » Wed 10. Jun 2015, 00:35

Thanks salko & Maniac for the Mino-idea ^^

r°fl Nice one Pegasus for the demonstrates (1st time I see that) !!

Thanks joeblow longtime my heart prepar the subject ^
Sorry I don't speak English (really I speak "FPS-english") but since Translate-Google, I'm multilingual :P (joke) !

Maniac

Post by Maniac » Wed 10. Jun 2015, 05:58

Hmm... We need a low-grav map with Levi or Kraken, so it can climb the wall there :twisted:
Also, useful info: SPMA can climb, too, and it's good in doing it!

]M[
Description: laggy but not too shabby^

Post by ]M[ » Thu 11. Jun 2015, 10:36

thankyou's (et merci beaucoup's ^) s°rcy for the wall climbing tips! :)

ps: you are a 5-star advanced graduate of "Cole's-School-for-Hellbender-Drivers"? ;D

s°rcery

Post by s°rcery » Thu 11. Jun 2015, 12:34

I'm not remember who first practiced this technique, but I know that Cole has the ability to learn very quickly that kind of fun :)
MoloK wrote:Cole's-School-for-Hellbender-Drivers
Nice ^_^ you're part :P