Cas free CDKey offer discussion

UT2004 related discussions
Castiel
Description: Just ask me

Cas free CDKey offer discussion

Postby Castiel » Sun 20. Nov 2016, 04:11

Fuck save you money everyone.. I have a legit fill copy of it right here.. Included community pack 2 and 3369 update

{Link removed.}

Just do me a favor and go into the systems folder and find the user and ut2004 config files and delete them.. I left then in there by mistake. Don't worry when you start up the game new ones will populate from the default settings.

Currently it has a new clean GUID. I also have about 500-1000 clear genuine GUIDS available. Just download it and PM and I will give you one.

Edit by Pegasus: No matter how pro-file sharing one's attitude might be - and mine even happens to embrace it - posting an entire game's assets on a live DL link is tantamount to warez, and that exposes the entire msg. board to a number of unnecessary risks, which is why there's a strict policy against it. Link removed, and consider this your first, and likely last, warning on the issue.
If you want to donate a 20-character serial key (or more), by all means, let people know of your generous disposition and hand it/them out in public or via PM, whichever you prefer. A 3.7GB .zip file containing the game's entire assets, however, is not the way to do that, at least not if you want to use this site as a venue for your donation. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Castiel

Re: UT2004 $5

Postby Castiel » Mon 21. Nov 2016, 00:39

That is just stupid.. First off, it is an 12+ year old game that no one gives a shit about and hasn't given a shit about in about 8 years. Secondly. The "game assets" as you call them are free to download from epic you just need to add a guid with it. The guids I have were bought in an ebay whole sale purchase I made several years ago from a licensed dealer. In other words derpa derp.. These are MY licensed copies of the game I am offering to people for free. It is not an unlimited download. There are 138 downloads available for this file and after that the link will be automatically broken. You could have asked me first.

Everyone just PM me and I will hook you up

-Nick-

Postby -Nick- » Mon 21. Nov 2016, 21:50

Castiel wrote:Fuck save you money everyone.. I have a legit fill copy of it right here..

I think the point is that it's not a legitimate copy. Buying CD keys 'liscensed' from a ebay seller is not legitimate. What percentage of your money is going to Epic Games? None. Same with every one downloading.

Castiel wrote:that no one gives a shit about and hasn't given a shit about in about 8 years.

Well i can't speak for every body in this long-lived community, but i don't think players in this fourm/server, partically it's creators and current magament would be still playing, and paying hard earnerd money into keeping this sever alive and UT2004 if no-one gave a shit.

Then there's the issue of a free supply of GUID's. Which i will not dive into.

Editing: :O
Last edited by -Nick- on Tue 22. Nov 2016, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.

Castiel

Postby Castiel » Mon 21. Nov 2016, 23:52

These were bought years ago by a licensed dealer and they did come with a certificate of authenticity from Epic. Secondly, the copy available is a legitimate copy with legitimate CD Keys. That is the point. Aside from a few hang-ons no one gives a shit about this game. Epic Stopped doing updates and support for this game in the mid to late 2000s. Plus, there are about 400 active players and It has not seen over 200 people playing in any given day in years. Conversely, Team Fortress 2, which is nearly as old has about 100,000 active players and about 12,000 playing on any given day. By all accounts this game is dead. I was simply offering free legitimate copies of the game to current players in case they wanted an extra copy for a friend or something. I appreciate the unreal engine and it helping me learn to code and mod, but I have since moved on to something new. I wanted to do something to say thanks to the game and its players.. I.E the weapons/vehicle packs, couple maps and the free software... Personally, I don't give a shit about this anymore. I just find it somewhat amusing that this Pegasus would take this shit so serious.. Dude, get a life and chill. It's not snowden and wikileaks. lol

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Tue 22. Nov 2016, 14:44

Scott you know there was no offence against you or your attitude bye removing the link.

The only thing why it was removed is that is simply general against the law (but in china) to host downloads for a commercial licensed programm where a CD-Key is build in (btw. in case of UT2004 you have to put the key in the registry and it is not intent to build in. Build in mostly means cracked. When you just copied your GamesFolder it was without the Cd-Key). And it's not important if the owner (in this case Epic and Atari) cares about the programm or how old it is. The only one who is allowed to host something like that is the owner itselfe. It's just that there are some lawyers out there which search the whole web to find something to make money with. And when there is a website which host an open link to such a file, they see the money blinking in there eys. You will not find a reputable forum which will host such an open link.

Writing that you have a fwe 100 legal CD-Keys and will give them to players via PM on request as a present is a nice move.
However.. don't be so angry litle angel.. that gives you folds and pimples. :muahaha:

-Nick-

Postby -Nick- » Tue 22. Nov 2016, 15:42

To me a legitimate copy is going into a store and buying that game of the shelf, or nowadays buying it digitally from steam or another licensed platform. With no prove it is all authentic, downloading the games assests and buying cd keys from ebay is to me all round dodgy.

Off topic: Is this how cdkeys.com operate? You buy a cdkey and enter that into a platform and then download the game. Albeit you actually pay for it.

Miauz55555 wrote:Writing that you have a fwe 100 legal CD-Keys and will give them to players via PM on request as a present is a nice move

(Well I'm abit confused to the difference between a CD-KEY and a GUID as they're being described as the same thing, or at least linked in some way. Either way i'll just say what i think on them being the same thing)

How do you know this has been obtained legally? Take Castiel's word for it? Nah. More importanly because there's no prove, how is this allowed and a nice move?

Doesn't matter if Castiel's cd-key are legal or not. Players can get x amount for free from Castiel. Is that not a cause for concern? useing a proxy to change an i.p is easy, they're maybe methods to trace the souce of said i.p but a change of I.P and GUID will be hard to pinpoint players who have been banned. Ignoring my igorance in all this, That seems like a serious problem.

EDIT: spelling and missing word.

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Tue 22. Nov 2016, 17:42

-Nick- wrote:To me a legitimate copy is going into a store and buying that game of the shelf, or nowadays buying it digitally from steam or another licensed platform. With no prove it is all authentic, downloading the games assests and buying cd keys from ebay is to me all round dodgy.

I'm also more for real CDs than a digital copie.
Off topic: Is this how cdkeys.com operate? You buy a cdkey and enter that into a platform and then download the game. Albeit you actually pay for it.

I don't know that page. But you can legal buy games here https://www.g2a.com/ very cheap.. also newer games.. the thing is that you can buy a garantie there that you really get the game which you paid for. If you don't you can have luck and get a new Game .. or not and you paid for Lemmings.
(Well I'm abit confused to the difference between a CD-KEY and a GUID as they're being described as the same thing, or at least linked in some way. Either way i'll just say what i think on them being the same thing)

You buy a CD-Key.. you need it to run/install the game.. the GUID is an double MD5-Hash.. just imagine your CD-Key is just "A" than your single hash would be "7FC56270E7A70FA81A5935B72EACBE29" And now imagine that with 20 carracters insted 1 and not once but twice encrypted. You can't put a GUID inside the game.
How do you know this has been obtained legally? Take Castiel's word for it? Nah. More importanly because there's no prove, how is this allowed and a nice move?

Well you can't prove it.. only epic can that.
Well when you make someone a present it's normaly also free for him.. you cannot disallow someone to make a gift.
Doesn't matter if Castiel's cd-key are legal or not. Players can get x amount for free from Castiel. Is that not a cause for concern? useing a proxy to change an i.p is easy, they're maybe methods to trace the souce of said i.p but a change of I.P and GUID will be hard to pinpoint players who have been banned. Ignoring my igorance in all this, That seems like a serious problem.

Thats a point for you.

-Nick-

Postby -Nick- » Wed 23. Nov 2016, 22:21

Miauz55555 wrote:I'm also more for real CDs than a digital copie

Digital copys are all good as long as they're from a liscensed supplier. The devlopers are still getting a cut of your sweet, sweet money. In this case it cannot be proven. Which to me is wrong.

Miauz55555 wrote:I don't know that page. But you can legal buy games here https://www.g2a.com/ very cheap.. also newer games.. the thing is that you can buy a garantie there that you really get the game which you paid for. If you don't you can have luck and get a new Game .. or not and you paid for Lemmings.

It seems G2A.com and cd keys.co.uk orperate the same. I mentioed it to demonstrate the legit liscensed CD-KEY format/market.

Miauz55555 wrote:You buy a CD-Key.. you need it to run/install the game.. the GUID is an double MD5-Hash.. just imagine your CD-Key is just "A" than your single hash would be "7FC56270E7A70FA81A5935B72EACBE29" And now imagine that with 20 carracters insted 1 and not once but twice encrypted. You can't put a GUID inside the game.

So the CD-key generates a GUID which is authenticated by the CD-key and vise versa? Like a two-step verification?

Miauz55555 wrote:Well you can't prove it.. only epic can that.

From my perspective that's the problem, you cannot prove it. So it should be taken seriously and not a bloody gift/present to those who have been GUID banned. Considering the ramifications, I'm pretty shocked that the benefit of the doubt has been condoned. Even on a first name basis.

Miauz55555 wrote:Thats a point for you.

No points or stabs intended here. I'm generally expressing a concern which seems to have been overlooked.

Castiel

Postby Castiel » Thu 24. Nov 2016, 04:42

CD Keys are 20 digit number/letter combination that authenticates the copy. The CD then generates a GUID or Global Unique Identification Number that is assigned to that copy of the game. That being said, the CD keys I have were bought from an online wholesale closing auction and have come with studio certificates of authenticity. Like I said on OMNI, I got the deal of a life time. 1000 guids over some 30 games for 100 dollars and I am in the process of sorting through what I am going to use and what I might give way or sell. When I checked the cost of a key for some of these other games they were 10-20 dollars a piece so I figured why not... anyway forget it. I am not responding to this thread anymore.

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Postby Zon3r » Fri 25. Nov 2016, 19:21

This thread went off topic by alot, it would be nice to remove all non relevant posts. ...

Return to “General”