Continually spawning at Powercore

UT2004 related discussions
ThunderCat
Description: Swiggity swooty

Continually spawning at Powercore

Postby ThunderCat » Mon 16. Jan 2017, 15:21

Hi there, ho there! :wave:

I skimmed through a couple of threads before writing this -- but was unable to find any posts relating to this issue specifically .. So please forgive me if there's any ongoing discussions about this topic :D

Anyhow -- lately I've been experiencing a severe case of this bug/issue/feature(??) -- where I will constantly spawn at the powercore after I die. There can be a whole heap of connected nodes, both locked and open (not under attack), but still I spawn back at the base.

It doesn't seem to be affecting every player to the same extent. In the past it would rarely happen, and only periodically in various degrees -- no big deal. But unfortunately as of late -- it has started happening with such a rate that it is almost unbearable to endure a complete match.

One thing I have noticed is that it is most likely to happen in the 2nd match if there are 2 rounds. Especially if you "win" the first round. Almost like it is a function designed to give the other team a upper hand if the balancers algorithm crashes and/or is unable to move you, or other high scoring players to the opposite team. I.e failing to level the playing field.

.. Maybe that's just my paranoia talking :lol:

But in all seriousness -- I have no idea what might be causing this -- and if I'm having a good run or trying to save a team from losing it can be straight up infuriating having to fight this bug as well :faceslap:

Are there any precautions players can make to prevent this sort of thing from happening?

Maybe somebody else is experiencing the same issue and want to share any thoughts?
Or better yet solutions? :D

Or maybe I'm the only one and just being a big crybaby :lol:

/endrant

Cat1981England
Administrator

Re: Continually spawning at Powercore

Postby Cat1981England » Mon 16. Jan 2017, 18:04

Some maps do have this problem and it's normally fixed by adding extra spawn points, unless it's an intentional gameplay design (such as the two centre nodes on BitchSlap). I also remember Stein having this issue awhile back, but i don't know if he did fix it or it just stopped.

Do you right click on a node and set your spawn point or just left click on the node you want when the menu pops up after you die?
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

ThunderCat
Description: Swiggity swooty

Re: Continually spawning at Powercore

Postby ThunderCat » Mon 16. Jan 2017, 19:54

Yeah I've noticed that the bug is more prevalent on maps like Stone and Bridge ..
I have turned "Show map" to "Never" -- so I only ever see the map when I'm transporting.

To be honest I didn't know you could set spawn nodes manually that way :lol:

I've heard people mentioning it before -- but always imagined it would be less than useful considering how dynamic the nodes are on those maps anyway :think:

But yeah I will definitely try that next time the bug is active and see if it'll make a difference!
Thanks, man! :thumbup:

Return to “General”