ServerMenu

UT2004 related discussions
miley.cyrus

ServerMenu

Postby miley.cyrus » Fri 24. Feb 2017, 17:35

ServerMenu is a mutator that adds a info menu (press F12) with up to 10 tabs.

ServerMenuMutatorV1c
https://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads.p ... le&id=1097

I tried this yesterday and it worked offline (SP) but as soon as I tried it online (MP) on my server it crashed instantly when the server was launched. The .log didnt give any clue of what went wrong.

In the notes it says
"
NOTE 2:
Note:
More colours are available by using ProAsm's 'ServerColor' program to edit your text,
available here http://www.proasm.com/

NOTE 5:
-------------
POSSIBLE CONFLICTS:
Unfortunately I have had reports that this mutator will not work on servers that use the following:

ServerColor by ProAsm (when used as a mutator)
ServerAdsSe by El Muerte
"
In UT2004.ini
I inactivated, put an ; infront of ServerColor and removed it from the server mutators but that didnt help.
Checked files the its .ini file, which was in and saved it again in Unicode, no didnt help.
Tried everything removed all color codes from the example file, hopeless.

Then I inactived another mutator from ProAsm.com, the ServerLogo4a (not ever had it working), which anyway wasnt active as it was not added in mutator on the server.

Well, that did it, then the ServerMenu worked online, great, I even added a custom logo, it worked.

Today I tried the ServerColor program which I have in folder and cut and paste my current info menus from ServerMenu and added in it the color codes. Then copied the result and pasted it in ServerMenu .ini file and restarted UT2004.

No, it crashes server instantly when trying to launch it.

I did backups of UT2004.ini User.ini ServerMenu1c.ini before I started
The problem now is that even when I copy back them it dont work today.
I had to remove it to get server up again.

What could be causing this?

Cat1981England
Administrator

Re: ServerMenu

Postby Cat1981England » Fri 24. Feb 2017, 19:46

Have you tried using a very basic colour like white for all the text?
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

miley.cyrus

Postby miley.cyrus » Fri 24. Feb 2017, 19:57

Yes, I removed all color codes still didnt work.
Yesterday, when it worked I cut and paste the example color codes, and they worked, well maybe they dont work today as they still are there?
Ill try to remove all color codes again.

miley.cyrus

ServerMenu

Postby miley.cyrus » Fri 24. Feb 2017, 20:08

No, it didnt help, restarted 3 times, with and without ServerColor, ServerLogo4a.

It works offline (SP)
Shot02658.jpg
Shot02658.jpg (405.05 KiB) Viewed 631 times

PS the gold colors are the default colors without any color codes.

miley.cyrus

ServerMenu

Postby miley.cyrus » Fri 24. Feb 2017, 20:55

I tried many more times but still crashing server.

Here are the .log files

crash--555.ZIP
(3.35 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

Cat1981England
Administrator

ServerMenu

Postby Cat1981England » Fri 24. Feb 2017, 21:01

Sorry Miley, i can't see any obvious reason why it wouldn't work :dunnosoz:

I don't really know what to suggest other then trial and error. Completely remove all 3 mods, add ServerMenuMutator with the default .ini file and then add ServerColour, test, add ServerLogo, test, change one setting at a time in ServerMenuMutatorV1c.ini, test.

If you don't get it to work beforehand, i can try on Sunday, but it would be helpful if you could send me your ServerMenuMutatorV1c.ini file.

----edit----

That's a lot of mods ;)
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

miley.cyrus

ServerMenu

Postby miley.cyrus » Fri 24. Feb 2017, 22:01

Thanks, there are alot of mods, I like to try out diffrent stuff, there are some nice ones.
You and others are Welcome to try it out.

check if its up or not, since Im debugging the server
http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... .198:7777/

It might be down from time to time.

Here is the
ServerMenuMutatorV1c.zip
(2.38 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

I even removed some lines that I had added ; infront of, if ServerMenu has some other way to comment out stuff, but it didnt help, to rule out stupid stuff :lol: It was a long time ago when I did some programming and then the code didnt work as expected. The usual , ; and blank spaces has wasted me alot of time. :faceslap:

I tried the one at a time aproach but it didnt help, its strange since it worked yesterday and I backup those files and using them today, not working.

I logged-out/Login WinXP but it didnt help, maybe a restart of computer is needed.

miley.cyrus

ServerMenu

Postby miley.cyrus » Sat 25. Feb 2017, 13:36

Hi

The computer crashed.

OT:
Well, I had desided to do a offline defrag of system files (PerfectDisk defragger), while restarting computer, it went was all good until 74% where it got stuck and its commandpromt stopped blinking, dead. Powered off and then tried to start windows in "last config that worked", it freeze.
Restarted in "Fail-Safe" but then the Raid 10 had kicked in and started to rebuild
(got 6 harddisks wih 4 in raid with winXP-64bit, on an usb 3.0 card got 1 with PS and music via a SATA-to-usb adapter, a sata controller with 1 SSD with Win8.1 and 1 harddisk with WinXP)

Then after 4 hours it showed an error message and had restarted the rebuild again and another 4 ours it was done. Checked all disks with chkdsk, all fine, the system disk c: had to be checked on next reboot, so I restarted and instantly the raid was "degraded" but I tried to start winXP in Fail-Safe mode again but after awhile I see the Win8.1 logo :crazy:

The motherboard got 2 bios; 1 normal and 1 fail-safe, the fail-safe had kicked in and in that the Boot order diffrent. Anyway win8.1 started and did ran in the background a raid rebuild, another 4 hours, which has no interface to see what it is doing, Then I did the chkdsk of winXP and all other disks, all fine.

So now 24 hours later im on the Win81, which got UT2004 installed on the SSD, but it 6 months since I ran win81 and it was broken then (the System Restore didnt work, create Restore Points showed error message, and trying to restore didnt work, thats why Im on the WinXP thats works). I used to get random (graphics driver had stopped working) and then BSODs.

I have to get back on this thread later since I cant run UT2004 on win81 anymore.

I will have win81 running for some time now since im tired of raid rebuilds.

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Sat 25. Feb 2017, 17:29

Uhh.. hope you can save all your data.

miley.cyrus

ServerMenu

Postby miley.cyrus » Sat 25. Feb 2017, 18:35

Hi, all data is safe, non lost.

I tried to google how to fix win81 but it looks like a bigger problem so I restarted and choose winXP but had to save it in bios 3 times before it acutally booted winXP and ofc the raid lost a drive but it started and is now rebuilding the raid, two more hours.
Think I have to do a remove pagefile in advanded to get rid of it and start clean again (but that would require another boot and another 4 hour raid rebuild, maybe tomorrow. If I dont reboot or shut down computer there are no problems at all with the raid for months maybe ½ year.

So its winXP again... later I can try to see if ServerMenu is working or do some troubleshooting.

PS my backup program is in Win81, TrueImage, but since that is broken no more "complete" backups is possible.

Return to “General”