Re: *The Relic Bible*

Postby GLoups! » Sun 26. Mar 2017, 13:15

Here's the try with three faces, you can adjust the DrawScale3D:

DM-RelicEmitterTest_2

Miauz55555

*The Relic Bible*

Postby Miauz55555 » Sun 26. Mar 2017, 14:49

Hey GLoups,

thank you. Don't know why the defaulte is TAM, I just put a "DM-" infront of it when saving.

Maybe use your flat two triangel SM with a mesh emitter and the texture. Would that be posible, or what is better in point of performance?

GLoups!
Description: Just play for fun.

*The Relic Bible*

Postby GLoups! » Sun 26. Mar 2017, 15:50

Miauz55555 wrote: Don't know why the defaulte is TAM, I just put a "DM-" infront of it when saving.

Hey Miauzz, Level Properties, LevelInfo/DefaultGameType: 3SPNv3141.ArenaMaster in use.

Miauz55555 wrote:Maybe use your flat two triangel SM with a mesh emitter and the texture. Would that be posible, or what is better in point of performance?

The thing with a MeshEmitter is that you'll have to find a way to change the colors/skins, in any case ClientMovers or Emitters, unless you use around a hundred of them you should not experienced any performance issues, you can always use culldistances, btw just a thought, by tweaking with a ScriptedTrigger (via a NetWorkTrigger) it should be possible to make the emitter disappear or the mover (if you add a second key to it), while removing the display of the relic itself.

Miauz55555

Re: *The Relic Bible*

Postby Miauz55555 » Sun 26. Mar 2017, 17:02

However that "3SPNv3141.ArenaMaster" sneeked in.^^

You mean using the relic as class for a toggled-trigger and than use a scriptedTrigger which moves the mover out of sight and toggle the emitter when there is no relic?

GLoups!

*The Relic Bible*

Postby GLoups! » Sun 26. Mar 2017, 18:51

There's lots of possibilities , (btw the NetWorkTrigger is only needed for emitters toggled on server, not for movers, and to be used with economy), a simple Trigger at the Relic's location can be used for display the event (ex:MyEvent1) which active the SriptedTrigger (Action_WaitForEvent), the toggle can be done by triggering the mover or the emitter (Action_TriggerEvent :MyEvent2), then using Action_WaitForTimer (Time in seconds needed for the Relics to respawn) before retriggering the same event (Action_TriggerEvent :MyEvent2).
Using the relic as class for a toggled-trigger i don't know how (never trying).
Then, all is possible, moving the mover out of sight and (Or?, may not be needed to have twice) toggle the emitter when there is no relic or make the relics invisible, using an invisible SM for the pickup, something with only 2 triangles with invisible shader texture for the material, because we don't want to recompile the .u file, and use the mover/emitter as a replacement, you can even make a combination of all, and use one for the replacement and one when there's no relics :ugeek:

Miauz55555

*The Relic Bible*

Postby Miauz55555 » Fri 28. Apr 2017, 20:39

I made the triangels for all Relics which are working online for ONS without the mutator enabled. (The adrenalin relic is also working, but not in ONS.) Thanks for that GLoups!
Made the culldistance matching the one from the relics, all collisions set to false, rotationrate in oposite direction as the relics. It's looking fine.

I tryed the class-trigger thing, but it wasn't working as I thought. Maybe I made something wrong. The timed-trigger (every normal trigger) has the problem that if you have a relic it will trigger, but the relic is still there.
DM-RelicEmitterTest_4.7z
(17.8 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

GLoups!

*The Relic Bible*

Postby GLoups! » Sun 30. Apr 2017, 17:18

Hey Miauzz, response delayed because i have to see this more in depth:

Miauz55555 wrote:... The timed-trigger (every normal trigger) has the problem that if you have a relic it will trigger, but the relic is still there.
DM-RelicEmitterTest_4.7z

Of course :bam:

So finally the simplest thing to do is to to put the event name of the movers in the Relics pickups themself and replace the ClientMovers by normal Movers, seems to be better for online play, dunno if clientmover work, i have somes issues while testing and ended things as it is, may be will try any furthers days.
The link below for the hiding movers:
DM-RelicEmitterTest_5

Miauz55555

*The Relic Bible*

Postby Miauz55555 » Sun 30. Apr 2017, 20:34

I think it's fine. Thank you GLoups! :cheers:

Return to “General”