*The Relic Bible*

UT2004 related discussions
ThunderCat
Description: Swiggity swooty

*The Relic Bible*

Postby ThunderCat » Mon 27. Feb 2017, 16:14

Hello everyone! :wave:

Due to an increasing number of players inquiring about the relics (myself included) -- we decided to create a simple chart where we'll try to explain each and every one what they do, and how to do them.

With the help of Cat -- I gathered some information regarding each relic -- and tried to summarize everything for simplicity's sake.

-Disclaimer!- Not all relics are available on ONS -- but we decided to include them anyway -- so this guide might also serve the few brave of you who dare venture outside the Realm of ONS.

Also if you do have anything to add -- or subtract for that matter -- please feel free to share any feedback :thumbup:
It should be noted that several of these relics were tested on a demo map with bots -- so some data might be vulnerable to misrepresentation.

--------------------------------

A

-Relic of Adrenaline (pill):
Awards your adrenaline counter by 5 points every 3 seconds.

-Relic of Agility (wing):
Makes you jump higher and increases the ability to control your character whilst in the air. It also lowers the speed of your ascend (falling slower).

-Relic of Ammo (bullets):
Refills your ammo by 5% of max ammo every 3 seconds. Amount of ammo refilled varies depending on what weapon you are using, and how big your load is.

D

-Relic of Defense (shield):
This one is a twofer —
Wearing this relic almost halves the amount of damage you take (0.625 x times). If you have MORE than 100 health points while wearing this — your health will decrease by 10 points each 2 seconds (down to 100). This also affects your shield if you’re wearing any — down 10 points each 2 seconds.
-Classic Relic of Defense:
Protects you by dealing less than half of the damage you take (0.4 x times). You can’t pick up Shield Packs or Keg O’ Healths while wearing Classic Relic of Defense.

-Relic of Disability (elderly):
Every time you hit or damage an enemy — his or her speed of movement is lowered by half. Basically it makes your opponent move slower — be it in water, in air, or on the ground. The effect lasts for about 2 seconds with every hit or damage you deliver.

E

-Relic of Evil (random symbol):
This one is a bit tricky. This relic will auto-destroy after 30 seconds. If you survive you will be rewarded with a .. reward (if enabled). The rewards are usually random «powers» like —
    0.25 x the damage you deliver
    Amplifies the damage you take 4 x times
    Your health decreases by 20 points every 4 seconds.
    Sets your health to 1.
    10 x your jump power, 0.1 x your air speed, 0.01 your max falling speed.
So not a relic you necessarily should strive for.

-Relic of Equilibrium (weighing scale):
If you get hurt, the amount of damage will be distributed among anyone within an area radius of 300 units. It’s worth mentioning that this relic does not kill teammates.

G

-Relic of Guns (pistol):
Gives you the ability to fire your weapon twice as fast.

H

-Relic of Haste (running person):
Though this one won’t turn you into Hussain Bolt — it does make you quite light on your feet. Relic of Haste makes you both run, swim, and climb ladders 1.5 x times faster.
Classic Relic of Haste:
Makes your ground- , water- , air- , and climbing ladder speed 1.4 x times faster. Also it gives 1.1 x times your jump power.

-Relic of Health (cross):
If you find yourself in a rot and running low on health — this is a godsend. By picking up one of these bad boys — your health will automatically increase by 5 points every 1.2 seconds back up to 100. The same process will happen again if you lose more health points later.

I

-Relic of Infancy (baby):
This one is pretty much self explanatory — it turns you into a baby. Your character’s width and height is halved — but your ground- , water- , air- , and jump speed is slightly reduced. So the only positive thing with this relic is that you’re harder to hit.

-Relic of Invisibility (ghost):
When asked what superpower you'd want to possess as a kid -- we've all picked this one on more than one occasion. Well, you're in luck. Relic of Invisibility will make you wildest dreams come true -- and turn you invisible to the naked eye. Well, almost invisible. When you fire a weapon it will turn you visible for 2.5 seconds. Changing your weapon will make you visible for 1 second. So choose your targets -- and timing -- wisely!

M

-Relic of Momentum (arrow):
If you hurt anyone while wearing this relic -- it will deliver 1000x the momentum of damage.

-Mutant Relic (eye in pyramid):
By catching this relic you become the Mutant. As in the gametype mutant. It sets your health to 150 points and gives a shield with 100 points. You also move, swim, jump, and fire your weapons faster (1.5 x times)

R

-Relic of Radiation (radioactive):
This relic comes in handy when in close combat action. When you are close to an opponent it will — at most — damage or take 40 health points from your enemy. The effect kicks in every 1.5 seconds, and the amount of damage varies depending how close you are to the enemy within a 400 unit radius.

-Relic of Redemption (saint):
When you die wearing this relic — you are teleported away from the battle with all your weapons intact and your health restored. If you suicide the relic won’t work.

S

-Relic of Strength (fist):
This one is also a twofer:
This one almost doubles the amount of damage you deliver to your opponents (1.75 x times). If you happen to pick up a Damage Amplifier WHILE wearing this relic, the time limit will be reduced by half. So just grab a minigun and you’re basically unstoppable. For about 20 seconds.
Classic Relic of Strength:
Doubles the damage you deliver to an opponent (2 x times). But you can’t pick up Damage Amplifiers.

T

-Relic of Translocation (vanishing person):
If you hurt or damage an opponent within an area radius of 5000 units — your location is exchanged with your enemy’s location. This comes especially in handy if you manage to hit somebody fairly close to you whilst falling down. Preferably to a certain death.

V

-Relic of Vampire (bat):
No, this won’t turn you into a blood suckling creature sent from the depths of Hell. But what it will do is regenerate lost health points by the amount of damage you deliver to an opponent. So basically -- if you have less than 100 health points and you hurt anyone -- your health will increase by the damage amount. Note: if you hurt yourself this relic won't work.

-Relic of Vengeance (skull):
If you don’t have any teammates nearby to avenge you when you’re killed during battle — this one is for you. 1.5 seconds after your death — this relic will set off a deemer explosion (if activated), and reduce 1000 health points to all your enemies within an area radius of 2000 units. Ultimately leading to the death of your perpetrator. Maybe. Hopefully.

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Re: *The Relic Bible*

Postby Zon3r » Mon 27. Feb 2017, 16:43

If i'm not mistaken the relic of vengeance causes a deemer explosion when and where you die

RottenToTheCore
Description: Not related to Power-Cores ;)

*The Relic Bible*

Postby RottenToTheCore » Mon 27. Feb 2017, 18:38

Wow, nice work :mrgreen: :thumbup:

ThunderCat
Description: Swiggity swooty

*The Relic Bible*

Postby ThunderCat » Tue 28. Feb 2017, 19:10

Zon3r wrote:If i'm not mistaken the relic of vengeance causes a deemer explosion when and where you die

Hmm, that would make sense regarding the amount of negative health points it serves :think:

RottenToTheCore wrote:Wow, nice work :mrgreen: :thumbup:

Thanks! :D

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Tue 28. Feb 2017, 19:46

Mutant: gives you all standard weapons, but the ons-one, with 999 amo.. lowered your health bye 3 every 1 second.. can't pick up health or shield... nearly invisible with a golden shine.
Not all relics are working without the mutator active.

unkorix

Postby unkorix » Wed 1. Mar 2017, 09:28

Thanks for useful information about relics.

widurr

*The Relic Bible*

Postby widurr » Fri 3. Mar 2017, 15:22

are there any other variations of those relics on CEONSS maps? I believe relic of guns on Space Cargo makes you shoot much faster then mentioned and I'm quite sure I've seen relic of invisibility (I think Playground or Stonewall) make you invisible the whole time, even when you shoot or change weapon.
EDIT: and i've seen on playground relic of momentum doing exactly what it says about relic of radiation

Miauz55555

*The Relic Bible*

Postby Miauz55555 » Mon 6. Mar 2017, 11:17

widurr wrote:are there any other variations of those relics on CEONSS maps? I believe relic of guns on Space Cargo makes you shoot much faster then mentioned and I'm quite sure I've seen relic of invisibility (I think Playground or Stonewall) make you invisible the whole time, even when you shoot or change weapon.
EDIT: and i've seen on playground relic of momentum doing exactly what it says about relic of radiation

I never timed that guns on Space Cargo but I think double fits fine.. maybe you just stop the loading time from the lg next time to be sure?
Invisible: On Playground it's the ghost relic.. on Playground it's the invisible pickup from UT99.. the different is that the pickup last a specific time and you're invisible while shooting or changing weapons. You also can have the pickup and a relic. Normal you always could have one relic, but on a fwe maps like Jailbreak and I will put a fwe stacking inside the RottenTanks map as an revard for doing some tasks. :mrgreen:
The momentum is one of the thigs which aren't working without the mutator aktive. So it does nothing but adding an arrow in the edge.^^ The Radiation and Momentum are in the same place but on the other side of the map.

Miauz55555

*The Relic Bible*

Postby Miauz55555 » Sat 25. Mar 2017, 21:38

I made some Emitters with the hud icons and the colour (nearly) from the relics. Just a flat texture.. I wantet a rotating triangel.. so 3 from this textures rotating arround the relic.. but I couldn't figure out how to rotare the texture. It has to be a combination from rotation and revolution.. but that rotaion thing dosn't work for me.. maybe someone know how to do that?

A small two room map with all relics and different pick up bases:

GLoups!
Description: Just play for fun.

*The Relic Bible*

Postby GLoups! » Sun 26. Mar 2017, 12:24

I manage to trying rotate this texture in the right way, but it seem that is not workable, may be because there's no pivot on a texture (or not at the right place) and the revolution seem to work around the offset of it, i have been able to rotate all ways but not the good one, revolution/rotation/velocity/location/Direction/Time ..... :faceslap: works togethers and we need Einstein for this problem :lol:

So there's an alternative, i made a Static_mech (only 2 triangles) and apply the Relics textures with modifying color (i took what you have in the emitters colors) and blending it for make it two side and for apply opacity.
All this on a ClientMover (may be more optimized for server) that has is physics to MovingBrush, for the others types of Relics you just have to change the mover skin.
I made only two of them but it's not too hard for making the rest : just duplicate the textures (FinalBlend and ColorModifier for each ones) with new names and change to the good Materials furthermore change the skin of the movers.
You can change the rotation rate in mover properties Movement/RotationRate/Yaw.

- The Relics pickups are not spawning, you seem to use the ArenaMaster mod, don't know what is going on.

Here's is the try i made: DM-RelicEmitterTest_1

Edit: I did not realize right away that you wanted a triangle, i can change the mover to a triangle if it's ok.

Return to “General”