TITAN ONS WEEKEND REGULAR TIMES Of GREAT FUN 2100GMT

UT2004 related discussions
mi5.carth
Description: alpha male

TITAN ONS WEEKEND REGULAR TIMES Of GREAT FUN 2100GMT

Post by mi5.carth » Fri 17. Jun 2011, 22:06

hi guys there is a regular ONS night on titan every saturday. Ive asked mr labourheinz if i can post an announcement for it and he has kindly said that i can

217.77.176.198:7777

this is the server. if you are a fan of maps that are well balanced with vanilla rides you should come along and enjoy the fun. it might be a little more skilled that CEONS but the atmosphere is very friendly and everyone gives rides with mantas and stuff. except kousto i suppose.

join the steam group if you like the games as they are announced every saturday. in the winter we were getting 32 player servers np, now the summer has started we are getting less so i hope announcing it in a few more places will help.

Lilaurl and labourheinz are regular attenders so i hope a few of you can make it

thanks for reading, hope to see you there!

lilalurl

Re: TITAN ONS WEEKEND REGULAR TIMES Of GREAT FUN 2100GMT

Post by lilalurl » Sat 18. Jun 2011, 00:14

Directly clickable link:
ut2004://217.77.176.198:7777

And if you want to check which map is played/who is online from your browser

CLQ page for the Titan server:
http://www.theclq.com/ags/players.php?a ... 6.198:7777

Or Titan server monitor:
http://ut2004.titaninternet.co.uk/forums/servers.php?

laboRHEinz
Administrator
Description: Old Fart

Post by laboRHEinz » Sat 18. Jun 2011, 01:10

mi5.carth wrote:... everyone gives rides with mantas and stuff. except kousto i suppose.
looool! I guess Kousto is just not patient enough to give rides ;-)

Yeah folks, join the Titan ONS night, take a lesson how ONS has to be played, Titan aka T32 was up long before all of the current well known servers were! I hope you all get the real ONS spirit and take it to CEONSS as well :D

Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Post by Pegasus » Sat 18. Jun 2011, 02:42

Ahhh, the Titans.

Although as a community they can sometimes collectively exude almost caricatural amounts of regressive snubbery/stubbornness toward any non-retail UT content that doesn't stem directly from their own community's members (as well as toward the people and groups that happen to employ them) enough to be seen by most everyone else as naturally residing on the opposite end of the ideological spectrum regarding modded content driven gameplay compared to the Omnis' own practices (both equally and unfortunately extreme for my own tastes in the long term), I can honestly say that on an individual level most of them are knowledgeable in UT people who are also fun to be around (with very few, notable exceptions) and, thus, I approve of and try to personally support their weekly get-togethers whenever I can, being able to attest to having had many a fun time there in the past myself - at least when the map voting choices worked out for the better (no all brown/grey maps like Urban & Crossfire ftw!). Now, if only their world view (and map roster) could be expanded by even a mite to include another 5-10 quality maps that most of us already know for a fact offer great replay value (nothing too "progressive by your standards, don't worry), that'd make those weekend sessions over there even better IMO.

Hmm, perhaps I shouldn't have gone with the 10-line run-on sentence after all... oh well.

PS: Welcome to the CEONSS msg board, carth.

LiZaT-KiNg
Description: Ugly Thing

Post by LiZaT-KiNg » Sat 18. Jun 2011, 18:20

laboRHEinz wrote:...I hope you all get the real ONS spirit and take it to CEONSS as well :D
That would be nice and funny :)

Cat1981England

Post by Cat1981England » Tue 21. Jun 2011, 21:20

What's the name of the steam group?
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

mi5.carth
Description: alpha male

Post by mi5.carth » Sat 25. Jun 2011, 20:07

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/titanonslaughtut

that should work if you stick it in steam

ye the data center is being moved around atm looks like the server will be down this week. no matter, join the steam group and attend when you can each an every saturday!

with regard to the long comment, i have yet to see a map with modded rides that added to the game. tbh i have played more ONS that 99% of you guys and the problem is *not* that there is not enough variety of rides, but that people arent very good at designing maps and node setups and ride and locker and amp placement - thats pretty much it. now that there isnt anyone pr0 mapping for 2k4 anymore its only the more amateur people left who think they are being creative having raptors firing deemers and such things on the map. the truly skilled would recognize the well balanced set of vehicles that ons already has and use them on a well designed non-choke good cutoff enabled node setup map that allowed for comebacks. 90% of the maps on t32 are absurdly good in this regard.

as for hoping to see more maps on the t32 server - i would love to see more proper t32 maps on this server! i think heinz might think there are many more than there are, there are about 3 t32 maps with others just being much worse versions of maps that t32 has better versions of

as for the other way round - all the time i have played here i have only thought one map was potentially fun for titan. i think it might be easy to mistake variety and vibrant colors for solid balanced gameplay. if you suggest some maps you mean i will download them and try them out.

there are some very angry and stubborn people at titan and when the best admin there made a gametype called rpgvctf there was some issues with another admin crying alot about it, so dont think i hate all new or different things as i was on the rpgvctf server for ages as it was an excellent and fun game. dont mistake me for someone hating change - i just hate change when its worse than the original, and all maps i have played in the last few years of playing that have modded rides are worse than all maps with t32 in their name.

oh there is an exception, tankmeupt32 if that exists i guess

lilalurl

Post by lilalurl » Sun 26. Jun 2011, 06:06

mi5.carth wrote:as for hoping to see more maps on the t32 server - i would love to see more proper t32 maps on this server! i think heinz might think there are many more than there are, there are about 3 t32 maps with others just being much worse versions of maps that t32 has better versions of
Here is a list of the maps on the server:
http://ceonss.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15

If you count only 3 T32 maps in the list, then it might be time to revise your classics!