CEONSS Vs. OMNI (Round 3)

Match event
Mailbox

CEONSS Vs. OMNI (Round 3)

Postby Mailbox » Wed 12. Sep 2018, 07:21

EDIT: Updating this post, since things have changed since I first posted this.

CEONSS Vs. OMNI Round 3 is happening on 20 October @ 19:00 UTC on the CEONSS event server. It will be a 6v6 match, with players from both servers mixed into two teams so that neither side has significantly better ping. Fors, representing CEONSS, will be captaining one team, and Mailbox, representing OMNI, will be captaining the other. There are currently one open slot for CEONSS, and two for OMNI. The list of signed up players (and interested ones as well) are listed below (Updated 1 October):

CEONSS:

Confirmed
Fors (C)
Miauz55555
Sys-X
Sedoy
Wertyn
<Open Slot>

Interested, but not confirmed for current time
California
widurr
Droopy_Bollocks

OMNI:

Confirmed
Mailbox (C)
McLovin
YEAAAHHHHHHHH
Enyo
<Open Slot>
<Open Slot>

Interested, but not confirmed for current time
TotalBurn

We are still discussing details on the CEONSS Discord. Feel free to contact myself, Ema, or any of the CEONSS admins for access to the chat room!

The original post is located below:

ORIGINAL TITLE: CEONSS Vs. OMNI (Round 3?)

NOTICE: This is not a confirmed match, just a request for one. If this post isn't appropriate for this subforum, please move it to where it'd best fit.

Hi everyone. I'm Mailbox, a semi-regular player on the Omnip)o(tents ONS server, who also sparsely plays on the CEONSS server from time to time.

After an AS night proposal on Omni fell through, I figured I'd try to drum up support for another CEONSS vs. OMNI match. The corresponding thread on Omni can be found here. CEONSS currently has a 2-0 lead over OMNI, following the lack of a full roster from OMNI in the last match.

There's been no discussion yet with regard to map choices and/or who would host the special match. I've proposed that the CEONSS and OMNI players get mixed between teams, so the ping dis/advantage isn't too significant.

What does everyone think?
Last edited by Mailbox on Mon 1. Oct 2018, 19:06, edited 2 times in total.

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

CEONSS Vs. OMNI (Round 3?)

Postby EmanReleipS » Wed 12. Sep 2018, 18:33

Hi Mailbox! Welcome to our forum! :welcomewagon:

I think that is a great idea (even though OMNI can't win a best out of 3 anymore because CEONSS is already leading by two points :D ). It was great fun last time, so I would like to see another friendly match happen.

It's also a good idea to mix the teams to minimize the effect of high pings on one team. It will make it more difficult to figure out which server won, though. ;)

I'll be on vacation soon for 3 weeks, so I'm not sure if I will be able to start our match server at the right time, so if you guys want to have this match soon, I would suggest to ask the OMNI admins if they can host it this time.

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Wed 12. Sep 2018, 20:24

Wellcome Mailbox, it's about time. =P

I would be interested, too. Also your mixing teams suggestions sounds good.

@E CEONSS won this due to a no show, and because I crashed the omni-server so hard that Analog had to use a backup to recover it, last time. =D

EmanReleipS
Administrator

Postby EmanReleipS » Wed 12. Sep 2018, 20:45

Miauz55555 wrote:@E CEONSS won this due to a no show, and because I crashed the omni-server so hard that Analog had to use a backup to recover it, last time. =D

:shh:

Mailbox

Postby Mailbox » Wed 12. Sep 2018, 22:42

EmanReleipS wrote:Hi Mailbox! Welcome to our forum! :welcomewagon:

Thanks! :D

EmanReleipS wrote:I think that is a great idea (even though OMNI can't win a best out of 3 anymore because CEONSS is already leading by two points :D ). It was great fun last time, so I would like to see another friendly match happen.

It's also a good idea to mix the teams to minimize the effect of high pings on one team. It will make it more difficult to figure out which server won, though. ;)

I was brainstorming possible representation systems, and I was thinking that each team has a captain representing a server, and teams can get bonus points for winning maps their captain nominated (from their server's maps) or something like that. Sounds shaky IMO, but it's a starting point.

EmanReleipS wrote:I'll be on vacation soon for 3 weeks, so I'm not sure if I will be able to start our match server at the right time, so if you guys want to have this match soon, I would suggest to ask the OMNI admins if they can host it this time.

Analog has been MIA for the past few weeks, and I don't know when he will come back to check in on us. Should we schedule the game for mid-October, then?

EmanReleipS
Administrator

Postby EmanReleipS » Wed 12. Sep 2018, 23:30

Mailbox wrote:
EmanReleipS wrote:It's also a good idea to mix the teams to minimize the effect of high pings on one team. It will make it more difficult to figure out which server won, though. ;)

I was brainstorming possible representation systems, and I was thinking that each team has a captain representing a server, and teams can get bonus points for winning maps their captain nominated (from their server's maps) or something like that. Sounds shaky IMO, but it's a starting point.

I really like the idea of captains. Then the ability of the captain to coordinate the team and develop a strategy will become more important to winning the game.

EmanReleipS wrote:Analog has been MIA for the past few weeks, and I don't know when he will come back to check in on us. Should we schedule the game for mid-October, then?

I have to ask...who restarts OMNI?

I might have visitors on the 6th/7th or the 13th/14th, but the date isn't set it. However, Dally could start the server up, so you guys can go ahead even if I'm unavailable.

Mailbox

Postby Mailbox » Thu 13. Sep 2018, 07:54

EmanReleipS wrote:I have to ask...who restarts OMNI?

The server is typically able to restart itself most of the time AFAIK. Analog hasn't been on the forums since the end of July. Carpe Diem also does server stuff, but also hasn't swung around the forums since July.

EmanReleipS wrote:I might have visitors on the 6th/7th or the 13th/14th, but the date isn't set it. However, Dally could start the server up, so you guys can go ahead even if I'm unavailable.

That could be done, but this event isn't very concrete yet, so I think it's probably good to have a long lead up time.

EmanReleipS
Administrator

Re: CEONSS Vs. OMNI (Round 3?)

Postby EmanReleipS » Thu 13. Sep 2018, 18:58

I was going to ask if there are more people who could start up a match server at OMNI, but if there's no rush, then we will just host it when I'm back.

Shall I try to stream this match on Twitch, like the previous ones?

Mailbox

Postby Mailbox » Thu 13. Sep 2018, 22:49

EmanReleipS wrote:I was going to ask if there are more people who could start up a match server at OMNI, but if there's no rush, then we will just host it when I'm back.

Shall I try to stream this match on Twitch, like the previous ones?

Sure, that sounds good.

Should there be a certain domain where the details get hashed out, like the CEONSS Discord? Doing it in the forums is a tad bit clunky.

On the Omni thread, Miauz has nominated California to be CEONSS Captain. I'll nominate Enyo for OMNI Captain. He's a good player with a lot of experience on the Omni server, so he knows the ins and outs of the OMNI maps. I don't know whether either person wishes to have the position, though.

EmanReleipS
Administrator

Re: CEONSS Vs. OMNI (Round 3?)

Postby EmanReleipS » Thu 13. Sep 2018, 23:09

I have made a private discord channel to discuss this. If you are interested in joining the match, please post here or on the OMNI topic and we will add you.

Return to “CEONSS Match Server”