CEONSS Vs. OMNI (Round 3)

Match event
widurr

Re: CEONSS Vs. OMNI (Round 3)

Postby widurr » Tue 16. Oct 2018, 09:15

alright, so it looks like ceonss slots are full, good :) In that case I will plan sth else for the evening ;) have fun!

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Tue 16. Oct 2018, 19:40

widurr wrote:alright, so it looks like ceonss slots are full, good :) In that case I will plan sth else for the evening ;) have fun!

You should watch the stream! ;)

California
Description: CTF Defense

Postby California » Wed 17. Oct 2018, 02:41

Widurr you should show up in case someone can't make it at the last second or they no show. Even if Ceonss has all hands on deck, i'm sure someone will sit for a map or two to let you get some playing time.
Mirin'

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Wed 17. Oct 2018, 17:58

I seccond the message from California. As we will mix the teams anyway it's not important which slot you take.

Keep yourselve save Cali.

Dalyup!
Description: Haggis

Postby Dalyup! » Fri 19. Oct 2018, 13:26

If needed, I can join.

Btw here is a countdown:

Droopy_Bollocks
Description: Gets the job done

Postby Droopy_Bollocks » Fri 19. Oct 2018, 21:12

The idea of substitutes is a good one, we're hardly a full strength CEONSS team without Widd and Daly are we :lol:

DB
Don't bother asking - I won't answer.

I'm not ignorant, just finding being quiet stops me getting a bollocking ;-)

Mailbox

Postby Mailbox » Sat 20. Oct 2018, 09:29

Hi everyone,

Just reporting that the map roster has been fully decided on!

Showcase Map: ONS-AncientTempels-Sed-1
CEONSS Map 1: ONS-RapaNui-32p-Beta1
OMNI Map 1: ONS-Tyrant-)o(-Renovation-V1
CEONSS Map 2: ONS-AbandonedCity-SedV3-C
OMNI Map 2: ONS-Denum-Turbo)K(-V4
Vanilla Map: ONS-Torlan

To accompany this info, I made some short blurbs on the custom maps that will be played today.

ONS-AncientTempels-Sed-1:
A work in progress by veteran mapper Sedoy, this map is a 16-32 player map, with gorgeous temples and pyramids. Vehicles are strong but not too much so, with EONS Scorpions, Mantas, Raptors, and Cobras being available from nodes. Much like MasterShower, this map has a middle node that connects to all primaries. This node also has an Omnitaur, which might be extremely powerful on this map. Only a gametest can tell how this map will play!

ONS-Rapanui-32p-beta1
A "Tropical island with butterflies", this map features a sprawling map layout, with many interconnected link nodes. All vehicles are vanilla or from the Editor's Choice Edition (ECE), so deathmatching will be on equal footing with this map. Never played this one myself, so can't say too much about it.

ONS-Tyrant-)o(-Renovation-V1
An OMNI variant of the venerable Tyrant, this version like the others has all the action focused on three nodes in the middle of the map. A Goliath is your team's main source of defense, and losing it opens up the other team to encroach your high ground. The top level of the middle area contains a super shock rifle spawn, but its power is balanced by the long amount of time needed to take it. Push nodes with a Link Tank from the core. Deathmatch in the mid to propel your team to victory. Coordinate pushes with Paladins to take primary nodes. Crush node build attempts with a charging EONS Hellbender.

ONS-AbandonedCity-SedV3-C
A CEONSS spin on Sedoy's latest edit to AbandonedCity, edited with CEONSS vehicles. Fight along 3 lanes, including an underground chamber with two nodes on opposite corners. Fliers (Raptor, Cicada) and fast movers (Manta, EONS Scorpion, Tarantula) will have to navigate through (relatively) heavy hitters (King Hellhound, Paladin, Goliath). Defend your garage pit from intruders. Attack key choke point nodes from multiple levels. Use SPMAs to ruin this city even more than it already is.

ONS-Denum-Turbo)K(-V4
The closest map this event will get to an OMNI-style TankMeUp (TMU) map, and this map doesn't have that many tanks. In place of OMNI TMU's usual suspects of the Omnitaur, Dragon, and Ion Tanks dictating the flow of the map, Denum instead has a completely different set of power vehicles. These are the Short Circuit (extremely high-damage, high inertia Manta), Link Badger (Durable, powerful mobile linking platform), Hoverbadger (high damage, high speed, unwieldly hovercraft), and Railgun Tank (Hitscan sniper tank). Denum's node layout is an H-format, with two closely located middle nodes. Each team also has an invulnerable node near the middle nodes with two Hoverbadgers and a Link Badger. As such, pushes into enemy territory have to be carefully balanced with holding the middle nodes, as a deep push can quickly and easily be isolated.

For tomorrow, we will likely be using the CEONSS Discord for VoIP purposes. Some OMNI people may want to use in-game voice chat, and I can see if Ema can flip a switch for that, but Discord is probably slicker.

The showcase map match is planned to start around 19:10 UTC, and the first scored map is planned to start around 19:30 UTC. This isn't an exact schedule, and may change depending on whether people are ready earlier or later.

Lastly, Enyo told me that he might be a bit late for the event, so we will be needing subs.

Thanks again, everyone!

SysX

Postby SysX » Sat 20. Oct 2018, 14:32

You've really put some effort in this match man <3
WOooHOoo!! »\o\°\O/°/o/«

widurr

Postby widurr » Sat 20. Oct 2018, 17:47

I will be far from my PC :( maybe on round 4... have fun!

Droopy_Bollocks
Description: Gets the job done

Postby Droopy_Bollocks » Sat 20. Oct 2018, 18:50

well my attempts to get a mic working for tonight have failed.

i'm on discord so I can hear players but I can't respond via voice

DB
Don't bother asking - I won't answer.

I'm not ignorant, just finding being quiet stops me getting a bollocking ;-)

Return to “CEONSS Match Server”