New match event (March 28th 2021)

Match event
EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Post by EmanReleipS »

Hi peeps,

It's been a long time since we've had a match event! How about another match on Sunday, March 28th?

Date: Sunday, March 28th
Time: 7pm UTC+1 until roughly 9pm UTC+1
(don't want to make it too late for those that have work the next day)

Come and sign up! There is no limit on the number of players this time, so feel free to bring a friend or two!
-FuNkY-MoNk-UK-

Post by -FuNkY-MoNk-UK- »

Sign me up, always a blast these matches.

For those who have never attended, this match event will be hosted on another server which we will give the password to before the event. Maps and teams will be chosen before the match. Discord is not necessary for this event, but we like to hop on discord to chat and coordinate as a team and of course to have fun.
Miauz55555

Post by Miauz55555 »

Players who wrote who want to be in:
  1. Fors
  2. Kappa
  3. 13urton.T32.hu (wrote ingame .. need further informations)
  4. Sedoy
  5. Miauz55555 (so myselve .. if I can make it)
  6. Ema
  7. DalyUP (forced)
  8. FunkyMonk
  9. macintoxicated (only Torlan)
  10. Mithun (if he can make it)
ArturoBrin
Description: Casual berserker

Post by ArturoBrin »

Hy,

I'm also interested. Finally a match event! I remember reading 3 years ago about match events, but was to afraid to participate because I didn't want be a burden.

Now I think I'm ready :cool2cool:

If nothing else, I can be a substitute.
walnussceons
Description: Walnuss

Post by walnussceons »

Hello, I'd be up for it as well!

> coordinate as a team

So there will be both a Red / Blue channel once the game starts?
EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Post by EmanReleipS »

That is great! We are happy to have you! I will pm you with the login data shortly before the match, so please watch the forum on that day.

Also, we will try to arrange teams beforehand, so it would be best if you can stay for the entire match (one warm-up map where we wait for everyone and then 5 serious matches) so that teams will be balanced.

We will coordinate on Discord with those who have mics. We have a channel for red and blue respectively.
ArturoBrin
Description: Casual berserker

Post by ArturoBrin »

EmanReleipS wrote: Wed 17. Mar 2021, 20:35 That is great! We are happy to have you! I will pm you with the login data shortly before the match, so please watch the forum on that day.

Also, we will try to arrange teams beforehand, so it would be best if you can stay for the entire match (one warm-up map where we wait for everyone and then 5 serious matches) so that teams will be balanced.

We will coordinate on Discord with those who have mics. We have a channel for red and blue respectively.
No problem, I will reserve whole sunday only for CEONSS :wohoo:
(now that I said it, there will probably an armageddon :shock: )
If you have any special tip&trick for Discord (for voice chat) please share it, it's my first time with it.
Xac
Description: keeping it UNreal since 2004

Post by Xac »

I think I can make it...I'll put it in the diary :-)
Play it safe, do what Droopy says..."Always double tap!"
Miauz55555

Post by Miauz55555 »

ArturoBrin wrote: Thu 18. Mar 2021, 11:36
EmanReleipS wrote: Wed 17. Mar 2021, 20:35 That is great! We are happy to have you! I will pm you with the login data shortly before the match, so please watch the forum on that day.

No problem, I will reserve whole sunday only for CEONSS :wohoo:
(now that I said it, there will probably an armageddon :shock: )
If you have any special tip&trick for Discord (for voice chat) please share it, it's my first time with it.
Voice chat tips? .. No, just talk if you like, if you don't like .. than don't talk. No one is forced here to talk (if someone tries to bother one to talk, just write us and we will nuke pankake .. let's say talk with him/her.
Sure important informations like where are the main vehicles and where are you .. do you have a super weapon and so on. Also when someone is using the PPC which as a balistic proctile which nearly cross a map .. be the spotter and direct the fire to the target. .. Tank and Paladin are working great together when coordinating shield and fire (otherwise the tank blew up itselve) .. The Badger is one of the effectist vehicles, but only with 2 persons ...
Or you just have a nice conversation with the others.
May don't say where you exactly live .. that would be stupid =D
And most important: Have fun and play fair. =)
mikel

Post by mikel »

Miauz55555 wrote: Sun 21. Mar 2021, 22:35 Voice chat tips? .. No, just talk if you like
:think: ... so.., we enter the own teams voice chat in discord (browser), change to the game window (UT2004) and let the chat run in the background? The same experience as the in-game voice-chat, isn't it?
Experienced it a few times on OMNI servers.
Enhances the teamplay aspect very much and enjoyably, ..when used intelligently. Even when just listening to whats going on and keeping ones own mouth shut.

@Ema or Miauz
I am not sure yet if I can find the time to join in, but if you have use for some cannon fodder, please set me on the list.