CEONNS competition

Match event
Dalyup!
Description: Haggis

Re: CEONNS competition

Postby Dalyup! » Tue 19. Aug 2014, 23:20

I should have probably mentioned in my previous post that I was registering my interest in such a competition/format thingy. I work on that particular day and won't be back until about 21:30 GMT so I won't be able to play, unless you guys are still playing at that time.

pull0$

Postby pull0$ » Wed 20. Aug 2014, 15:53

I'll try to be around, I don't mind the maps or the scoring system.

Since a lot of interested people are not available this Sunday, why not make it an event for every Sunday? (Given that someone with admin rights can be available).
Let's give it a try on the 24th, trial and error, hf and no matter how successful, try again next Sunday...
All we need to do is be around at the given time, someone could setup a skype conference or teamspeak or IRC or whatever...
In case something goes wrong, we can still have a few classic normal CEONSS ggs :stopitnoob: :machinegun: :yoman:

Steinein

Postby Steinein » Thu 21. Aug 2014, 00:36

Dalyup! wrote:I should have probably mentioned in my previous post that I was registering my interest in such a competition/format thingy. I work on that particular day and won't be back until about 21:30 GMT so I won't be able to play, unless you guys are still playing at that time.

Ah too bad, maybe you can join next time :)

In that case we have:

- Stein
- Ema
- Funky-Monk
- [P]etya
- RottenToTheCore
- Zon3r
- Tampeloeres
- Gollum
- Pullos (let us know if you can come)
- ???

We'll have to wait for the 10th person before we can make the teams.

Maps that I think most people will like (seeing the comments):
Arctic / Torlan
Crossfire
Primeval
SpaceCargo

Skype: it's easier if we have added eachother on Skype before sunday. Can the people who are joining message me with their skype name so I can add everyone.

Looking forward to it guys, will be fun :lol:

Stein

Cat1981England
Administrator

Postby Cat1981England » Thu 21. Aug 2014, 23:11

I'll fill in as a number 10 if you can't find another player :thumbup: at least until Daly get's on.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

EmanReleipS
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Thu 21. Aug 2014, 23:19

That's great news, Cat! You wanna join us on skype, too?

Btw, Steiny, is the server setup supposed to be identical to CEONSS' main server, as in each map lasting 1 round, 20 mins until overtime? Same mods as on CEONSS?

Steinein

Postby Steinein » Thu 21. Aug 2014, 23:41

Cat1981England wrote:I'll fill in as a number 10 if you can't find another player :thumbup: at least until Daly get's on.

Nice Cat, that will be fun. :thumbup:

EmanReleipS wrote:Btw, Steiny, is the server setup supposed to be identical to CEONSS' main server, as in each map lasting 1 round, 20 mins until overtime? Same mods as on CEONSS?

Well since those are the onslaught settings we are all used to, the CEONNS main server settings and mods are fine I think.
Can an admin set this up for us?

So now we know who are joining, lets start making teams.
I'll just make a first suggestion:

Team 1:
- Stein
- Ema
- Gollum
- [P]etya
- Pullos

Team 2:
- Funky-Monk
- Zon3r
- Tampeloeres
- RottenToTheCore
- Cat1981England

What do you think? Would this be balanced? Hard to say.. Otherwise we'll just go and see how it goes sunday and balance ingame.

Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Postby Pegasus » Fri 22. Aug 2014, 01:16

I'd recommend disabling EvenMatch and bots in any case; one would start moving ppl around after the first round/match and break your teams arrangement, the other just runs against the purpose of the event. Also, in case you hadn't considered 'em, there's also some good, small/mid-sized Titans maps you can always turn to for good battlefields with team sizes of 5-6 people, maps like both ChainIsles and Tropic variants, as well as Dreamus2. Lastly, ye olde SpaceJox-SP2 just might be more suitable to your needs (equal hitscanning opportunity platform heights, no turret, brighter, no fog or ubernukes), and Pandemonium can also be fun, even if lacking in ammo.

I'll be too tied up on the 24th to participate, but enjoy the tourney, you 10, and do let us know how well it worked for further consideration :).

Steinein

Postby Steinein » Fri 22. Aug 2014, 01:43

Thanks for all the help Pegasus :)

Gollum~*B*~AF
Description: it's my RING, only!

Postby Gollum~*B*~AF » Fri 22. Aug 2014, 11:33

j4i:
No Skype for me and i try to split my bad i-net connection NOT with tv-program (my wife is informed :lol: )
Greets; Golly :firedevil:

-Nick-

Postby -Nick- » Fri 22. Aug 2014, 14:18

Lots of work in that thread you linked, Eman, I seemed to have missed that completely, good job :thumbup:

Looks like were all pretty much set :D. We can use them teams if you want stein, like you said we can always sort it out in-game :thumbup:.

Pegasus wrote:Pandemonium

This map rings a bell, has it been on the server before?

Return to “CEONSS Match Server”