CEONSS Match Event Organization (6th March?, see p. 37)

Match event
Maniac
Description: Ain't no rest for the wicked

Re: CEONSS Match Event Organization (13th of Feb?, see p. 35

Postby Maniac » Fri 13. Feb 2015, 19:04

Good news everyone, I'll be here on match! Sorry, I can be late 10-15 mins though.

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Fri 13. Feb 2015, 19:23

Okay, no problem!

Good news, Rotti will join us! Guess that means I can stop stalking the main server and checking where Sainty is....

Maniac

Postby Maniac » Sat 14. Feb 2015, 09:06

Thanks for the match! I liked it more than previous one, even with some minor problems.

4 maps + 1 warmup is a great combination, both by time and by fun.

I liked it how the players (at least in blue team, he-he) adopted their own roles, e.g. Fors was really effective nodebuster in his love boat Raptor ;) Also, some unintended teamwork was beautiful (like on Torlan, when 1 player touched new nodes and 2 other followed in slower vehicles and built them).

Tek sucked a bit, it was the same stalemate all the game and it was really resolved only after one blue alpaca took his leave. Maybe create other node setup for it?

Ah, and the common TS channel was a nice idea :) It didn't really damage tactics but it was fun ;)

EmanReleipS
Administrator

Postby EmanReleipS » Sat 14. Feb 2015, 20:55

Maniac wrote:Thanks for the match! I liked it more than previous one, even with some minor problems.

4 maps + 1 warmup is a great combination, both by time and by fun.

I liked it how the players (at least in blue team, he-he) adopted their own roles, e.g. Fors was really effective nodebuster in his love boat Raptor ;) Also, some unintended teamwork was beautiful (like on Torlan, when 1 player touched new nodes and 2 other followed in slower vehicles and built them).

Tek sucked a bit, it was the same stalemate all the game and it was really resolved only after one blue alpaca took his leave. Maybe create other node setup for it?

Ah, and the common TS channel was a nice idea :) It didn't really damage tactics but it was fun ;)

Thanks for the feedback!

What do the others think, shall we change it to 1 warmup round + 4 maps?

Tek has a nice node layout, we just weren't really able to make use of it, I think. Took us an eternity to make that comeback and we only managed it cause we had one more player. :oops:

Yeah, moving to one big conversation is the best solution on days when many people are too sick to talk/don't have a mic. I don't see the point of only 2 people talking to each other on a team, even with 3 it's difficult. Hopefully next time more people will be able to talk and then we can form two separate conversations on ts again.

Maniac

Postby Maniac » Sun 15. Feb 2015, 00:09

Hopefully next time more people will be able to talk and then we can form two separate conversations on ts again.

To be honest, I think it's not needed. We do it for fun, we are not pro gamers. What can be discussed at team channel? It's all too slow, when you say "Manta at 5" and repeat it, the aforementioned Manta is half-map away already, and when someone gets the time to stop his/her activities and react on your message, there is no Manta at all already. We don't have strategic plans for maps, we don't have team leaders to command, but we have a big desire to boast our achievements, to tease other team and to discuss cakes :)

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Postby Zon3r » Sun 15. Feb 2015, 17:24

I apologize for that. my patience isn't infinite, i was lagging the whole night, tried connecting to the other access point, but it didn't work for some reason. anyway it was eating away on my nerves, players seem to think that i enjoy the lag, when i can't hit anything, players are teleporting, gun wont fire, and so on. i would have already left if i was on the main server, but i was hoping it will get better. also i think i've had enough of the behavior of another player. i will probably stay out of the matches when he's around
P.s. the common chat room is fun
Last edited by EmanReleipS on Tue 17. Feb 2015, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Drama prevention

EmanReleipS
Administrator

Postby EmanReleipS » Mon 16. Feb 2015, 20:49

I apologize for that. my patience isn't infinite, i was lagging the whole night, tried connecting to the other access point, but it didn't work for some reason. anyway it was eating away on my nerves, players seem to think that i enjoy the lag, when i can't hit anything, players are teleporting, gun wont fire, and so on. i would have already left if i was on the main server, but i was hoping it will get better.

Understandable and no problem. We just weren't sure if you'd come back or not. Next time (if you join us again) just let us know if you are reconnecting or giving up.

fors
Description: skype:mushiak14

Postby fors » Tue 17. Feb 2015, 20:36

4 maps + 1 warmup is a great combination - I agree!
In torlan the team played well and showed excellent co-op, I liked it!
But was there a turning point and the team (or some of them) became confused and began to act inconsistent and actions were reckless=\
Never do this, trust me, it will only add more problems. Try to stick to the basic plan and if you want to change something, then it must be reported (especially if the situation forced).
And don't forget that in the heat of battle through the explosions and the sounds of shooting it's hard to hear something from allies, so it's best to shout so loud to be heard in the next house, or just repeat (=

and now for a little combat experience:
in torlan was the problem when I got my Raptor. When I respawned in the base I spent a lot of time waiting for the raptor, which has not respawned + a lot of time moved on the distance of 1 kilometer on less fast vehicle = result opponent easily stuck on a blank node and the last node was opened and attacked from two sides, the pressure finally broke the team.
But if I was informed about this change of plan, I would have learned about it and acted on changes. At least I would not have lost a lot of time and would not give a foothold to the enemy on the node and we would have a chance.
use knowledge wisely!

EmanReleipS
Administrator

Postby EmanReleipS » Fri 27. Feb 2015, 18:21

Hey guys, was gone for a while so I didn't organize an event for tonight. But how does next Friday (6th of March) sound? I won't be home on Saturday, btw, so someone else would need to organize it if you guys all prefer Saturday.

fors
Description: skype:mushiak14

Re: CEONSS Match Event Organization (6th March?, see p. 37)

Postby fors » Sat 28. Feb 2015, 21:18

Forsiets thirsts for battle! any day, any weapon!

Return to “CEONSS Match Server”