Re: Friday, 29th of May

Postby Maniac » Thu 28. May 2015, 20:35

Congrats on your start of the mapper career! :thumbup:
Not enough mappers! Spawn more mappers!

Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Postby Pegasus » Thu 28. May 2015, 21:02

Interesting news about your first foray into mapping notwithstanding, I couldn't help intrude after noticing something off about that map list:
EmanReleipS wrote:[...]- ONS-DG-SandStone (new map)[...]
The map in question was released all the way back in 2006; additionally, I distinctly remember it being hosted here in CEONSS' early days, a time that was historically (and inarguably) our first "throwing it all against the wall to see what sticks" period of roster management :). OTOH, if the "new map" notation suggests a new edit of the map, the filename doesn't help clarify that.

Pedantry gods now assuaged, plz feel free to return to your regular scheduled, errr... scheduling.

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Thu 28. May 2015, 23:18

I should apologise to Ema for asking if it's ok to try some maps on match night, and then not saying what those maps are and why. Busy week :angelwings:

---------

- ONS-Gunshop-C-Beta1

A rebuild of Gunshop. There's still more to be done, but I'm really looking for any bugs (other then the computer screens).

[s]- ONS-MyRoom_v2_04[/s]

Got lots of feedback from the main server already. No need to have this on.

- ONS-Ziggurat (new map)

Mani's new map. Opportunity to find any bugs, test performance and see how gameplay is with people.

- ONS-DutchTreatRebuilt-ISG

Possible instagib map. Would like to hear if people think it's better then ONS-Anubis-NVE-IG.

- ONS-DG-SandStone

As Peg said, it's not new. I just wanted to hear from some of the players whether they thought it had potential.

-----

Thanks for doing this girls and boys :thumbup:
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Fri 29. May 2015, 09:46

Friday, 29th of May
7:30pm-9:30pm (time in Britain) / 8:30pm-10:30pm (Central European time)

Player list:

- Ema
- [Zónör]
- Dally
- Mani
- Crazy
- Xac
- Hdtv
- Rain (Rane)
- Baz
- Funky

Map list:

- ONS-Gunshop-C-Beta1
- ONS-Ziggurat
- ONS-DG-SandStone
- Special: Toilet Car Racing!

Please leave feedback about those maps after the event. :)

Toilet Car Racing Rules & Tips:
- everyone needs to join the red team
- match organizer flies the raptor and gives the start signal (over teamspeak -> please all install ts!) and directions (if unclear)
- drive carefully: if you leave the track, fall off a ledge or your toilet car explodes, you are out!
- do not try to use shortcuts
- driving into walls at high speed will make your toilet car explode!
- you may heal your car with the link guns, but you will lose time

Map Pack Download link (please do not open the Blockfort edit yet so that you won't know the track better than others)

CrazySacrifice
Description: Some further information

Postby CrazySacrifice » Fri 29. May 2015, 15:40

WiseCatrifice !

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Postby Zon3r » Fri 29. May 2015, 17:41

Um, just saying, this is a match event, not a grand opening of a public server, no need to pick too much on details.

Nice job Ema

EmanReleipS
Administrator

Postby EmanReleipS » Fri 29. May 2015, 18:47

Thanks, Zony!

How do these teams sound?

Team Red:
- Dally
- Zony
- Crazy
- Baz
- Xac

Team Blue:
- Funky
- Rainy
- Hdtv
- Ema
- Maniac

-Nick-

Postby -Nick- » Fri 29. May 2015, 22:40

Good match event :thumbup: The toilet car race was a right laugh :lol:

Not sure if i should post any feedback in this thread, but here are some quick thoughts on the maps:

Ziggurat - Had no performance issues this time round. Think we all agreed about some jump pads and possible relics. Doesn't feel as cramped as most NV maps and has lots of space to move around, even with plenty players. Node setup played better than i thought, but i still stand by my thoughts on the underground nodes. 5 and 7 are unlocked by 8 and 5 is on the top level, but it just seemed more natural to go to 7 aswell, but that's underground. Felt like i hit a wall in advancement. Can understand mani's points for keeping them where they are, though. Breaks things up and forces you around map, instead of just going to the side, which would be the case if they where raised to the top level. You can get underground from dropping down in the middle, but i suggest another underground entrance near the stairs in between 2-8 3-9. Would make getting there quicker and have better flow IMO. Being able to float up from the deemer would be cool also. Current state is server worthy, definitely. Good work mani :thumbup:

Gunshop - No bugs were found on my part. The changes in textures looks great and the map plays exactly the same so i think it would be embraced by players.

DutchTreat - Didn't play this long enough, the game lasted 5 minutes, if that, and players weren't exactly asking for a restart when encouraged. Speeding up how fast the nodes build is my first thought. Not being able to link feels weird, but i guess that's part of IG lol :thumbup: The actually design and node setup is good in my opinion, simple head on action, easy to navigate, more space than the anubis aswell. I was dodging into rocks here n there, though. Can't remember if the only way to get to the top level is from the core, if it is, it would be nice to be able to get there throughout the map.

Sandstone - My favourite we played. Good spacing between nodes and plenty of them for the size. Makes a large map seem not so big and boring. Some other players did mention about editing some nodes, but to me they seemed fine, playable. I too wasn't a fan of the rotating blocks around the core, they didn't have the effect they're there for. The scorpion with boost was mentioned a few times. Plays well with the current vehicles, but will have to play a few more times to give any feedback on them.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Dalyup!
Description: Haggis

Postby Dalyup! » Fri 29. May 2015, 22:57

I enjoyed the match event. The toilet car bit was really fun.

Some feedback:

- ONS-Gunshop-C-Beta1

Didn't really notice any issues about the map myself. I liked the new random things added, such as the shooting range. Two points:

• The map seemed darker overall. Was that intentional?
  • The vehicles directly beside the core are facing away from the entrance, would be nice just to rotate them 180.
  • Lack of lightning guns.

- ONS-Ziggurat (new map)

Left feedback on thread.

SHIT

Anyway, more, constructively:

I really disliked it. Probably the main reason is that each shot does 5 damage to the core which is just silly. It get reduced to like 0.5 in about 10 seconds, there's no easy way to counter that, especially when the primaries are fair distance from the core. Perhaps one way jump pads (i.e. from core to primary) may fix that.

- ONS-DG-SandStone

Definitely has potential, I quite like it. It strikes me as a very flying oriented map due to the way terrain is on the map and the size of it. Right now as there is exclusively mantas (flying-wise) at the nodes it is a manta-oriented map. Anyway, some feedback:

• Move the unlinked blue primary node (node 2 I think). It makes it unclear since it's right on the linking line with one of the primaries (node 4 I think).
  • Replace the scorpions with eons scorpions otherwise they are useless.
  • Replace the SPMAs and paladins with something else, perhaps one of the fast Hellbenders or EONS Paladins. They have little use considering how defensive the nodes are already with the walls and the distances between the nodes.
  • The jump pads should go closer to the nodes or be connected with other jump pads to reach the nodes. They drop you in, like, just a bit beyond the node which doesn't really help much. Walking takes too long in general.
  • Put something on the bridge, perhaps a cicada or two raptors (as they only seem to be at the core). Otherwise there is no reason to go on the bridge (apart from the keg, but that's not really worth the time).
  • Vary the flying vehicles at the nodes as it seems to be exclusively be mantas.
  • The core is far too exposed; the little rotating shield does little against vehicles that fire rapidly. Perhaps a wall on the back
  • Remove the wind sound or replace it with something else.
  • Remove the farting noise from node 8.
  • Each node only has one weapon locker on one side of the node. Considering there are player start points on both sides of the node, I think having weapon lockers on both sides would be sensible.
  • If you hit an obstacle on the hill your vehicle can get stuck. Perhaps something to do with the collision volumes could be edited.

Overall the map is nice, I think the node setup just needs to be jigged about a bit and the vehicles replaced.
Last edited by Dalyup! on Sat 30. May 2015, 10:33, edited 1 time in total.

EmanReleipS
Administrator

Postby EmanReleipS » Fri 29. May 2015, 23:52

Thanks for the elaborate feedback, guys! :thumbup:

The only thing that I have to add is that on DutchTreat the ledges around the hills and the caves are kinda pointless. They provide another route to the nodes, but there is little motivation to walk around up there. Maybe placing a node or two up there would be nice.

Return to “CEONSS Match Server”