Halloween Match Event (Sat, 31st of Oct)

Match event
User avatar
EmanReleipS
Posts: 1331
Joined: Wed 2. Oct 2013, 23:18
Description: Pancake Fairy
Location: Germany

Halloween Match Event (Sat, 31st of Oct)

Postby EmanReleipS » Sun 25. Oct 2015, 14:54

Hi everyone!

Maniac had the idea of a special match event for Halloween! How about some spooky matches? :mrgreen:

Date: Sat, 31st of Oct 2015
Time: 8pm-10pm (UTC), 9pm-11pm (CET / UTC +1)
(Meaning we will start at 8pm British time / 9pm Central European Time.)

:!: Please note that Europe has switched to Winter Time tonight, so if you are joining from the USA or another country that has not switch to Winter Time yet please double-check the start time. :!:
Image

Zon3r
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu 7. Apr 2011, 07:46
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Re: Halloween Match Event (Sat, 31st of Oct)

Postby Zon3r » Mon 26. Oct 2015, 14:57

Image

User avatar
Maniac
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue 23. Dec 2014, 23:21
Description: Ain't no rest for the wicked
Location: Ukraine

Re: Halloween Match Event (Sat, 31st of Oct)

Postby Maniac » Mon 26. Oct 2015, 17:23

Image
Fuck you timezones!

User avatar
Pegasus
Posts: 954
Joined: Wed 4. Nov 2009, 23:37
Description: ONSWordFactory
Location: Greece

Re: Halloween Match Event (Sat, 31st of Oct)

Postby Pegasus » Mon 26. Oct 2015, 18:48

Heh, spooky theme is always a fun one to explore, and Zoner's AngelMapper mutator suggestion certainly fits the bill; well, at least the pumpkin and skeleton masks in that pack do anyway, cause some of that other stuff seemed irrelevant and kinda meme-wise self-indulgent, too. Still, to help build on the idea a bit more, if I might recommend a couple o' maps that suit the mood for this event, you might firstly want to consider ONS-TitanNecropolis, seeing as it offers decent n' varied gameplay as a basis, but is also set to a nighttime haunting theme - tombs, memorials, rattling chains and paranormal events included! The latest version of the map that's been hosted on CEONSS is R5, and, I'd say, it's in pretty serviceable condition as is, so you could drop it in the Match Server without concern about needing to do any minor editing.
Additionally, on the less known range of the map popularity spectrum, there's another, even more fitting choice you could try in the aptly named ONS-Halloween. I've had the chance to refresh my memories of it over some recent online game sessions, and I gotta say, it plays pretty well, even if it's a bit rough around the edges and could use some souping up to modern ONS standards in some aspects. Largely a terrain affair, although with well conceptualized n' distinct enough areas of interest, a nightly & wintery rustic theme that includes a couple of small graveyards (occasional ghost included, too, IIRC!) and a spooky castle for its middle centerpiece, with a healthy vehicle n' weapon mix, as well as cover and variety for its nodes, all add up to a respectable, perhaps even chronically underestimated result (going by ONS-Halloween_nm-V2 here as the only version of it I've seen or played during the past 5 years, btw). Ditch the utterly obscure teleporter system, tweak lockers (and maybe throw in OS2 as well), make vehicle options around bases a bit more visible/accessible, say, by slightly rearranging the st.meshes or playerstart orientations and also maybe consider a few alterations to the midsection nodes' loadouts (castle levi usually just serves as a particularly ineffectual bullet-sponge distraction, maybe replace with something less intimidating, but a bit more effective, like a dragon? central SPMAs could be moved around too), and, lastly, even consider sprinkling around a few jump pads in useful points around the map (and, crucially, by the river rocks leading up to the castle as a new approach path), and you could well end up with a keeper able to justify its place in the roster even beyond its dedicated holiday period.

Anyway, sorry for another impromptu rant there; hope some of these ideas help with the event.
Image

User avatar
EmanReleipS
Posts: 1331
Joined: Wed 2. Oct 2013, 23:18
Description: Pancake Fairy
Location: Germany

Re: Halloween Match Event (Sat, 31st of Oct)

Postby EmanReleipS » Mon 26. Oct 2015, 22:53

Zon3r wrote:https://forums.epicgames.com/threads/840991


You're the third person suggesting that mod to me. :lol:

Yepp, we will use it. Won't it be spooky when everyone looks like skeletons and you can't tell friend from foe anymore? :twisted:

Also, does this mean you are in?

Pegasus wrote:Heh, spooky theme is always a fun one to explore, and Zoner's AngelMapper mutator suggestion certainly fits the bill; well, at least the pumpkin and skeleton masks in that pack do anyway, cause some of that other stuff seemed irrelevant and kinda meme-wise self-indulgent, too. Still, to help build on the idea a bit more, if I might recommend a couple o' maps that suit the mood for this event, you might firstly want to consider ONS-TitanNecropolis, seeing as it offers decent n' varied gameplay as a basis, but is also set to a nighttime haunting theme - tombs, memorials, rattling chains and paranormal events included! The latest version of the map that's been hosted on CEONSS is R5, and, I'd say, it's in pretty serviceable condition as is, so you could drop it in the Match Server without concern about needing to do any minor editing.
Additionally, on the less known range of the map popularity spectrum, there's another, even more fitting choice you could try in the aptly named ONS-Halloween. I've had the chance to refresh my memories of it over some recent online game sessions, and I gotta say, it plays pretty well, even if it's a bit rough around the edges and could use some souping up to modern ONS standards in some aspects. Largely a terrain affair, although with well conceptualized n' distinct enough areas of interest, a nightly & wintery rustic theme that includes a couple of small graveyards (occasional ghost included, too, IIRC!) and a spooky castle for its middle centerpiece, with a healthy vehicle n' weapon mix, as well as cover and variety for its nodes, all add up to a respectable, perhaps even chronically underestimated result (going by ONS-Halloween_nm-V2 here as the only version of it I've seen or played during the past 5 years, btw). Ditch the utterly obscure teleporter system, tweak lockers (and maybe throw in OS2 as well), make vehicle options around bases a bit more visible/accessible, say, by slightly rearranging the st.meshes or playerstart orientations and also maybe consider a few alterations to the midsection nodes' loadouts (castle levi usually just serves as a particularly ineffectual bullet-sponge distraction, maybe replace with something less intimidating, but a bit more effective, like a dragon? central SPMAs could be moved around too), and, lastly, even consider sprinkling around a few jump pads in useful points around the map (and, crucially, by the river rocks leading up to the castle as a new approach path), and you could well end up with a keeper able to justify its place in the roster even beyond its dedicated holiday period.

Anyway, sorry for another impromptu rant there; hope some of these ideas help with the event.


No, thank you for your suggestions! I appreciate your input, even though I think it's sad you never actually join us. :(

ONS-TitanNecropolis will definitely be on our map list. Maybe Floodgate and Grendel (urrrrgh). I will also take a look at some other maps and see if I can make a few quick edits.
ONS-Halloween will probably be on our list as well. :thumbup:

----------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31st of Oct 2015
Time: 8pm-10pm (UTC), 9pm-11pm (CET / UTC +1)
(Meaning we will start at 8pm British time / 9pm Central European Time.)

:!: Please note that Europe has switched to Winter Time tonight, so if you are joining from the USA or another country that has not switch to Winter Time yet please double-check the start time. :!:

Player list:
- Ema
- Maniac
- Dally
Image

User avatar
Xac
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu 15. Nov 2012, 14:21
Description: keeping it UNreal since 2004

Re: Halloween Match Event (Sat, 31st of Oct)

Postby Xac » Tue 27. Oct 2015, 10:19

Oh no, Halloween UT...I suppose that's what happens when the script kiddies are allowed to go trick or treating... ;)

I hate Halloween, it used to be such a nice and quaint pagan/pseudo occultic festival and now it is totally over commercialised.

Count me out, I'll be too busy defending my No. 1 core (my house) with a hose pipe... :D
I tried to drown my sorrows, but somehow they learned how to swim...

User avatar
Dalyup!
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon 25. Nov 2013, 22:46
Description: Haggis

Re: Halloween Match Event (Sat, 31st of Oct)

Postby Dalyup! » Tue 27. Oct 2015, 19:42

I'll partici-

EmanReleipS wrote:Player list:
- Ema
- Maniac
- Dally


Oh. Guess I had no choice.
Image

Zon3r
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu 7. Apr 2011, 07:46
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Re: Halloween Match Event (Sat, 31st of Oct)

Postby Zon3r » Tue 27. Oct 2015, 21:06

Um, even if everyone looks alike, there is still the team beacon, just saying, sorry for bursting your bubble Ema :D

Also, i will be the backup, in case of uneven numbers
Image

User avatar
Miauz55555
Posts: 670
Joined: Sun 7. Jun 2015, 22:12
Location: Germany

Re: Halloween Match Event (Sat, 31st of Oct)

Postby Miauz55555 » Tue 27. Oct 2015, 22:53

I have cookies.
Image

User avatar
EmanReleipS
Posts: 1331
Joined: Wed 2. Oct 2013, 23:18
Description: Pancake Fairy
Location: Germany

Re: Halloween Match Event (Sat, 31st of Oct)

Postby EmanReleipS » Wed 28. Oct 2015, 00:41

Xac wrote:Oh no, Halloween UT...I suppose that's what happens when the script kiddies are allowed to go trick or treating... ;)

I hate Halloween, it used to be such a nice and quaint pagan/pseudo occultic festival and now it is totally over commercialised.

Count me out, I'll be too busy defending my No. 1 core (my house) with a hose pipe... :D


No kids go trick-or-treating in Germany, luckily.
Will they really still come to your house at 8pm? :O

Miauz55555 wrote:I have cookies.


:thumbup: You're in!

Dalyup! wrote:I'll partici-

EmanReleipS wrote:Player list:
- Ema
- Maniac
- Dally


Oh. Guess I had no choice.


That's because you told me already you'd join. Is your advanced age making you forgetful? ;)

---------------------------

Date: Sat, 31st of Oct 2015
Time: 8pm-10pm (UTC), 9pm-11pm (CET / UTC +1)
(Meaning we will start at 8pm British time / 9pm Central European Time.)

:!: Please note that Europe has switched to Winter Time tonight, so if you are joining from the USA or another country that has not switch to Winter Time yet please double-check the start time. :!:

Player list:
- Ema
- Maniac
- Dally
- Miau
- (Zony)
Image


Return to “CEONSS Match Server”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest