Next match event?

Match event
Miauz55555

Re: Next match event?

Postby Miauz55555 » Tue 10. May 2016, 22:32

Pet has suggested ONS-Tanks-a-Lot which is a good map for 8 pll.

Xac
Description: keeping it UNreal since 2004

Postby Xac » Wed 11. May 2016, 09:56

Match events are back?! :yippiiieh:

I think I'll be able to come out of retirement for this... :D
I tried to drown my sorrows, but somehow they learned how to swim...

widurr

Postby widurr » Wed 11. May 2016, 15:13

EmanReleipS wrote:- ONS-Primeval-X2-T32-ZBeta4
- ONS-{IMPULZE!}-V2_3
- (ONS-Foundry-Beta5) - only with more players!
- ONS-Tek-32p-beta2-3-K2
- ONS-Dawn-T32-C

Primeval, Dawn - look good. Tek as large as Foundry IMO. Impuzle - don't know this one.

Miauz55555 wrote:Pet has suggested ONS-Tanks-a-Lot which is a good map for 8 pll.

This one I really hate! I try to avoid as much as possible. With tanks I'd rather choose Nevermore-TankMeUp

I prefer "on foot" maps, so adding one or some of the following I would appreciate:
- Grendelkeep
- AggresiveAlleys
- BridgeOfFate
- SpankJox
- Spiffingrad
- JailBreak

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Wed 11. May 2016, 17:42

widurr wrote:Primeval, Dawn - look good. Tek as large as Foundry IMO. Impuzle - don't know this one.

Tek is 3x that what Foundry is? But it has fast vehicles. I think they are to big (anyway I'm for Foundry ;) ), buy when Ema and Dally want to play Tek than we could so it from my side. For the sake that everyone has fun.

Impulze: It's something between Sector-9 and Jailbreak. It is full of superweapons, tunnels and shield-jump spots. Here you have some pictures. And because the link is still working here you can get the map.
Shot00110.jpg
Shot00110.jpg (88.51 KiB) Viewed 2463 times

Shot00112.jpg
Shot00112.jpg (96.6 KiB) Viewed 2463 times

Shot00025.jpg
Shot00025.jpg (55.63 KiB) Viewed 2463 times

This one I really hate! I try to avoid as much as possible. With tanks I'd rather choose Nevermore-TankMeUp

You are sure about that? You played Pegasus V5? You now can play with strategy, it's much better.

I prefer "on foot" maps, so adding one or some of the following I would appreciate:
- Grendelkeep
- AggresiveAlleys
- BridgeOfFate
- SpankJox
- Spiffingrad
- JailBreak

Don't get me wrong I like all of them, but AggresiveAlleys. Just for a macht-event some of them are maybe not the best choice.

SpankJox: Will probable not work. You got nailed when both primarys are down because of to less "link-power".
JailBreak: (I really like the map) But same as SpankJox. Maybe a bit worse.
Spiffingrad: Same as SpankJox. But it could work.
BridgeOfFate/ AggresiveAlleys/ Grendelkeep: Could work.

widurr

Postby widurr » Wed 11. May 2016, 18:01

Miauz55555 wrote:
Tek is 3x that what Foundry is? But it has fast vehicles. I think they are to big (anyway I'm for Foundry ;) ), buy when Ema and Dally want to play Tek than we could so it from my side. For the sake that everyone has fun.

That's what I meant. Having the vehicles it's pretty much same as Foundry on foot. If there's a voting, I'm for Foundry ;)
Impulze: It's something between Sector-9 and Jailbreak.

Looks good to me. Let's try :D

You are sure about that? You played Pegasus V5? You now can play with strategy, it's much better.

Still a tank spam for me - narrow corridors and powerful tanks = don't like it at all.
Don't get me wrong I like all of them, but AggresiveAlleys. Just for a macht-event some of them are maybe not the best choice.

This will be my first match event (there's always been something in a way before), so I trust your judgement.

EDIT: I even bought a new keyboard, mouse and headset for it! :D

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Wed 11. May 2016, 19:11

widurr wrote:EDIT: I even bought a new keyboard, mouse and headset for it! :D

Really? New stuff is always cool. Fell free to post it here: What's your pc rig? :thumbup:
You reminde me to post my Headphone mod. ;)

[P]etya
Description: someone

Postby [P]etya » Thu 12. May 2016, 14:16

If it isn't too late then I'd like to quit this event. I don't feel like playing this game anymore.

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Thu 12. May 2016, 19:59

[P]etya wrote:If it isn't too late then I'd like to quit this event. I don't feel like playing this game anymore.

That's sad to hear.
When you say it's the right decision (?) for you in this second than we will of coures accept that. We are here to have some fun. No one from us would force someone to do something s/he don't want to do. If you change your decision, you know where to find and how to contact us.

Play fair, have fun, stay save and stay legal wherever you go [P]etya :thumbup: Kind regards, Miauz55555

- Fors
- Sedoy
- Dally
- Miauz
- Nick
- Xac

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Thu 12. May 2016, 21:32

Sorry for the long silence. I had visitors and the last one just left. Thanks, Miau, for keeping an eye on things here. :thumbup:

[P]etya wrote:If it isn't too late then I'd like to quit this event. I don't feel like playing this game anymore.

That's sad to hear, but of course you don't have to attend if you don't want to. Thanks for letting us know. Take care!

-------------------------------------------------------------
widurr wrote:I prefer "on foot" maps, so adding one or some of the following I would appreciate:
- Grendelkeep
- AggresiveAlleys
- BridgeOfFate
- SpankJox
- Spiffingrad
- JailBreak

Thanks for the suggestions. We try to include no more than 1 "on foot" map that doesn't include vehicles. Maps without vehicles tend to turn into Death Match maps. So I'll only pick one out of Grendel/Bridge/Jail. Impulze is somewhat similar, though. Maybe that will make you happy. :)

We've tried playing SpankJox before for a match and it was impossible for the losing team to make a comeback. :( Bridge/Grendel/Jail are a spammy mess. I don't think those will work too well. Maybe Jail because of the vast number of nodes, which will make coordinating with your team very important.
Spiffingrad would be nice in terms of size, but not sure about the node layout.

How about Adara and/or Spiffingrad instead of Tanks-a-lot or Nevermore? I agree that Tanks may be too narrow/messy. Nevermore on the other hand could be too broad.
We could also play the new Blockfort edit. It's big, but has lots of vehicles and some big tanks to keep you guys happy. :D

How about this map list?:

- ONS-Spiffingrad-T32-Crusha-Beta2-4-5
- ONS-Primeval-X2-T32-ZBeta4
- ONS-Dawn-T32-C
- ONS-{IMPULZE!}-V2_3
- ONS-BlockFort-V1-Prerelease

---------------------------------------

Match Event Date: Sunday, 15th
Time: 8-10pm (Middle European Time)

Player list:
- Ema
- Widurr
- Fors
- Sedoy
- Dally
- Miauz
- Nick
- Xac

-Nick-

Postby -Nick- » Fri 13. May 2016, 17:24

That's a shame. Cya soon.

EmanReleipS wrote:How about this map list?:

- ONS-Spiffingrad-T32-Crusha-Beta2-4-5
- ONS-Primeval-X2-T32-ZBeta4
- ONS-Dawn-T32-C
- ONS-{IMPULZE!}-V2_3
- ONS-BlockFort-V1-Prerelease

Thumbs up from me :thumbup:. Impulze looks okay for the NV map of choice. Similar to sector9. Something different is always nice regardless if it's an enjoyable map to play.

Return to “CEONSS Match Server”