Re: Dinora

Post by lichReen » Tue 16. Apr 2019, 17:22

bump

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Dinora

Post by EmanReleipS » Sat 28. Sep 2019, 10:57

This isn't ready yet, but I'm posting it to get some feedback from playtesting while we are on vacation.

ONS-Dinora-32p-C-beta1

Done so far:

- implemented Specials (nodes and cores)
- upgraded lockers to custom (with LG at center node and cores, Sniper Rifle at all others)
- added an additional weapon locker per base
- fixed the lamps
- made the crosses smaller and turned the raptors away from them (I want to try this before removing the collisions)
- lowered the stone platforms at the nodes (removed some of the planks because they didn't make much sense anymore)
- moved the wooden barricades/covers at the cliff nodes away from the nodes a little (should I do this at the beach nodes, too?)
- replaced scorps at center node with a raptor and an SPMA
- replaced the regular scorps with EONSS scorps (there were only two)
- replaced benders at cliff primaries with badgers
- deleted PhysicsVolume0 and 1
- added new node and rocks in water (had to move the blocking volume further away from the beach)
- added 2 weapon lockers and 1 manta at new ship nodes
- removed burning books
- copied Gloupy’s rock cliff meshes (if I misplaced it slightly, please let me know)
- placed super shield pickup on rock in the water near center node
- +1 cicada at the cores on top of wooden deck suspended over cliff side
- added a super shield on the rocks in the water near the center node
- added health pickups (but could probably use more)
- added (more) rocks between the two new ship nodes and a network of rocks so that players can rock-hop between the two nodes without going back to the beach
- made center node look more interesting/iconic (while providing cover to the node)
- rocky ledges with jumppads on both sides of center node
- turned middle nodes (beach) into secondaries
- jumppads from decks to ships

Not done:
- remove blocking volume pillars between cliff primaries and center node (seems necessary to keep them after witnessing several tanks trying to get up there)
- couldn’t find a lighthouse
- bot paths (not sure if I will bother)
- make TeamBanners immobile (dunno how)
- add location volumes (dunno how)
- remove the blocking volumes in front of chapel windows at cores (don’t remember if I did that)

To do:
- playtesting for floating objects, effectiveness of wooden barricades, new nodes (tilted ship may affect player starts; mantas may slide into water), ability to traverse new paths (to ship nodes and up the center cliff), and lamps that I missed
- new radar image
- add jumppads at cores onto lower part of chapel roof
- jumppads from shoreline to mid-point of path from core to primaries
- enlarge fires and their emitters for greater cover
- replace BlockingVolumes at edge of map with ForcesDirVolumes (in OnslaughtSpecials package)

Please let me know if the link setup seems sensible this way.

Also, for some reason I can't build the cliff-side primariy of the red team... I've already tried replacing that node, rebuilding the node setup, etc. If anyone could figure out what the problem is, please let me know.

Thanks everyone!

loucast

Dinora

Post by loucast » Sat 28. Sep 2019, 18:00

I think I speak for all when I say this map would greatly benefit by having a levi or a mino at both cores. It would add so much variety and a touch of vivacity to the map.

EmanReleipS
Administrator

Dinora

Post by EmanReleipS » Mon 14. Oct 2019, 21:03

Does anyone else have feedback about this map? At this stage, it can't go on the server yet.

Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Dinora

Post by Pegasus » Mon 14. Oct 2019, 21:36

I am in the process of putting together a feedback n' suggestions bundle, and I'm sorry for the extended radio silence. Unfortunately, I've had a pretty busy few weeks lately that included two out-of-town trips and lots of other kinds of tidying up afterwards. I was kinda hoping that the server's 10 year anniversary party would buy me the extra time I needed to finish up, but, clearly, I need a bit more. So far, I've had the chance to do two sessions with it, one playtesting ingame and the other mostly within UEd, taking down notes in both cases, but when it comes to the two big gameplay additions in this edit, I'm only halfway done testing some implementation counter-proposals (never mind creating the accompanying visual aids and typing out the whole thing), so please bear with me for a few more days; this has now been bumped to the top of my pile :).

EmanReleipS
Administrator

Dinora

Post by EmanReleipS » Tue 15. Oct 2019, 19:05

No worries and thanks in advance for digging into it!

I think I will upload the map to the match server and use it as a starting/waiting map, so peeps can check it out without the pressure of playing on it. I should be able to gain some feedback that way.

lichReen
Description: i like UT

Dinora

Post by lichReen » Thu 17. Oct 2019, 15:28

I would like to see the map. Got any screenshots?