ONS-Iguazu

Feedback, discussion & bug reporting on current maps
fors
Description: skype:mushiak14

ONS-Iguazu

Post by fors » Wed 12. Jun 2019, 18:40

sorry to keep you waiting. 90% of the map has been redesigned, it remains only to make small improvements! soon I will show something interesting, and meanwhile I will add a little intrigue.

Hmm, what could it be?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

ONS-Iguazu

Post by EmanReleipS » Sat 15. Jun 2019, 10:29

I don't know what it is, but I'm super excited for the new edit! :yippiiieh:

fors

ONS-Iguazu

Post by fors » Mon 15. Jul 2019, 14:57

New Edit ready. I made a full rebalance of the map and implemented some interesting ideas, but some things I didn't finish, I will do it later.
The basis is taken ONS-Iguazu-C-5 from Gloups, and a huge thank you to [BMS]Freeman for help in several important details.
Primary changes
-added new nodes \o/
-new lands opened
-many models have been redesigned or replaced with simple (reduced number of polygons) total number of models reduced
-rebalance of weapons, vehicles, knots, etc.
-Terra in a few places remade
-MORE jumpads at the request of players, MORE teleports and other modes of transportation, ALL teleports will move to the road to the nodes
-now the game on this map will be 17 minutes instead of 20 (+overtime), created a new script BMONSTimeLimitOverride
-the nodes are slightly better protected
-now the map is designed and adapted for infantry to a greater extent

When I first saw this map, the first thing I saw was a pipe with a closed lid. I thought, what's behind it? What do you think I did with the pipe? I blew the f up this piece of * so that the wreckage flew to Mars! And what do you think I saw behind the wall? A huge cave! The author made there such a huge room and shut down wall! How unfair! But I know there was something there, and I discovered the secret. Now the map is more spacious.

Teleports... Especially for those who do not know what a teleport is, I made magic stupid arrows to attract attention. Teleports will help you get out of the water and teleport TO the TOP of the road, which is directed to the node. I hate these arrows.

I'll post a video test map, maybe it will help you understand the changes and how to play. It's an old video, I redid something after that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by fors on Mon 15. Jul 2019, 20:59, edited 2 times in total.

fors

ONS-Iguazu

Post by fors » Mon 15. Jul 2019, 15:09

What is BMONSTimeLimitOverride? This is a script that sets a fixed time on the map and does not allow you to change it regardless of the server settings. Useful for DM maps not to play the same spam corridor for 25 minutes. This has been successfully tested on the BMS server. If this works here, I recommend adding this script to the all DM maps to reduce the game time there. This induces that the server played more interesting and diverse maps, not the same. Let's check it out?

Single file right there, just place it to System folder

Miauz55555

ONS-Iguazu

Post by Miauz55555 » Mon 15. Jul 2019, 22:10

Thanks for your effort Fors.
I watched just your video atm. That is looking interesting. I like the on foot paths and the faster ways to get "back up".
Just saw that you have some FPS drops from 150 to 120 on some sceenes. Will see what I get on my old medicore GPU.
Over all the video looks nice .. before your edit that map was a real server killer .. I will check it out when I have some time.

About your BMONSTimeLimitOverride script, I appreciate your thinkings, but we probably can't use it here for several reasons (also when I would like to skip the time of some maps xD):
  • It would be very unfair for the players who like a certain map when there favorite map is a few minutes less by default than others.
    Sure I also don't like all maps, but we try to give everybody a map s/he likes. And it would not nice to reduce one type of map, also when it sounds reasonable to do so with a few maps. Same rules for all.
    That's also the reason why admins will not force a map against a vote.
  • It will remove our withelist status as it's not validated bye Epic (and there is no chance to do that anymore).
  • We have some things running which are not friendly about game changing things.
  • And some more.

]M[
Description: laggy but not too shabby^

ONS-Iguazu

Post by ]M[ » Sat 20. Jul 2019, 15:58

This looks great - really glad this map is getting an overhaul at last - nice work Fors! :thumbup:

Always thought it’s a really interesting design, with its multiple levels & areas - something that’s had great potential, but not before really been realized... the addition of multiple jumps to navigate fast on foot is excellent, what it’s been calling out for - and the resulting combat scenario, between flyers / manta & infantry on jumps should be really good... :cool2cool:

EmanReleipS
Administrator

ONS-Iguazu

Post by EmanReleipS » Sun 18. Aug 2019, 20:14

Thanks, Forsy, that looks like a great edit! There are so many ways to reach the nodes now that I feel spoiled. :D

I think the elevator is a little too fast, though. :lol:

GLoups!
Description: Just play for fun.

ONS-Iguazu

Post by GLoups! » Wed 21. Aug 2019, 11:27

Hello fors, how are you?, sorry for the huge delay but you know summer and all...

The map is very nice like this, and i do not have much to say about the new gameplay, a few points anyway. First the BMONSTimeLimitOverride remove the withelist status and make the server non standard during the time the map is played.

It's possible to prevent rain from falling on some parts of the map, especially under the ceilings of the caves by adding a simple volume and matching Events/tags with the xWeatherEffect in this case "NoRain".

And then... i thought i had more complaints but after investigations i have the impression that you have already treated the situation well. i would have liked to walk on all these ropes. :)

EmanReleipS
Administrator

ONS-Iguazu

Post by EmanReleipS » Sat 16. Nov 2019, 21:57

Hi Forsy, sorry for the late input. Is it okay with you if we use this map, but without the BMONSTimeLimitOverride script?